Rosey Sunset

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

FallenDabus

Rosey Sunset

Post by FallenDabus » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:12 am

o/' Oh, I bid farewell to the port and the land ~ And I paddle away from brave Sencliff's white sands ~To search for my long ago forgotten friends ~ To search for the place I hear all sailors end o/'

A year ago I was ready to move on before a friend suggested to check out Sencliff and I am so glad they did. Yet the voyage has come to an end, and its time to say my farewells.

Moira and Maiven, you two were incredible. Co-running the Roses with you both was such a treat. Keeping such a large sailing faction consistently active and engaged for well over a year was a massive amount of work. Without the two of you it would not have been possible.

Roses past and present, you lot are awesome. Olivia's and Zesker's collection of shanties and stories they shared at our little festivals and get-togethers. Pimm, Nadjia and Anna helping manuver the faction through a litany of storms. Loreta as Tasha's oldest and most steadfast friend from the very start. Romeo's legendary terrible luck at gambling nights and overall incredible style. Everything from Cassie's and Jester's fantastic antics, to Tunu's heart-wrenching tale, Delir's continued search for an everfull mug of booze, and Acela's and Loreta's playful feuds and competetions that always made the deck lively. Ever joyous Bonne and ever awesome Ty. Yukana who never got a break despite being so terrific, and Vienna who's revelation took Tasha completely at surprise. Tilden, Narvaez, Allysa, Blue, Naomi, and ever-shirtless Ulfric... Mert, Moreyna, Nimue, Berto, Vin, Col, Lin, Tails, Griever, Osprey, Torsten, Yasie, Alan... All the new Roses like Egarlorn, Anari, Gloigan, Arwol, Fiona, Taumiracil. The sneaky, unmentioned Roses past and present! Its all been a rather unexpected and thoroughly enjoyable voyage. Without you all, I'd have long ago said farewell to Arelith. As Olivia would say, it was primo!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Also while you were significantly less awesome than the Roses (its a tall order after all) a big thanks to Tim (Yarr!), Zel, Edala, Marijani, Kitya, Cervantes, June, Raewynn, Eddie, Trimis, Jhaamdath and the Dreadnought crew and Mariangel and the Merchant Navy crew.

Thank you to all the people who made the gambling nights, three-headed monkey tournaments, seagod festivals, shanty contests, scavenger hunts, skal expeditions, treasure hunts, dread parties, crew moots, voyages and our other silly antics so enjoyable!

Thank you to ActionReplay for having made this all possible with your continued dev work! The design discussions were always a ton of fun (even when NWN threw wrenches into our grand and silly plans!), and the opportunity to contribute to something so unique was a real treat.

As I never made a kudos post for other characters, thanks to Lysrithien, Karathas, Olivia van Graf and Falco for making my brief time playing Shaelin in Myon enjoyable. My thanks to Burin, Ries, Raiden, Ivridda, Rrorik, Hurz, Jakatta, Gareth, Imri, and Aunrae for getting me hooked on Yowyn when I first started playing on Arelith.

Thank you all for the fun and the fond memories and I'll miss you rosey and non-rosey lot! <3

Natasha Dryby ~ Songstress of the Sea!
Shaelin Durothil ~ Divine Seeker of Sehanine (retired)
Yowyn ~ Svirfneblin Druidess (retired)

Rei_Jin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Rosey Sunset

Post by Rei_Jin » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:16 am

Thank you my dear friend, for all the times both good and bad.

The Roses were unique and special, and a big part of what drew me back when I thought I was gone from Arelith.

I don't have a lot of words right now (I do have a lot of emotions though), so, let this be to the point.

You will be missed.

Sombricimos

Post by Sombricimos » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:12 am

Farewell capt'n </3

Distant Relation

Post by Distant Relation » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:51 am

One of the most talented, inclusive and fun individuals to be around I have ever met. It is no hyperbole to say you are the literal reason I've stayed in Arelith this long, and the Roses were the engine that kept us here.

You've always made a point of trying to get others invested by getting them involved early. Whether its press-ganging Greenies off the docks to join in long sail rides, to running public events designed specifically to be appealing to new players and get them connected to established players, I think its fair to say you and your characters were the catalyst for far more than I could ever hope to do.

Whether it was running the 'svirfneblin refuge' alongside Raiden out of the Sharps as Yowyn, being there at the forefront of the Myon exploration of not just the Deep Wells but also of their place in Guldorand as Shaelin, or now as Dread Captain Natasha of the Roses, you've always been the center of attraction for countless trajectories and orbits of roleplay that brought people together and got them involved and invested in Arelith.

You will be sorely missed, and you will be a loss to those players who may never get a chance to meet you.

I would say farewell, but Arelith is not the only shore the Roses can sail to. I will instead say 'until soon'.

Lewtzy

Post by Lewtzy » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:54 am

Had good times RPing with your characters. And what your did for the Sailing system will not be forgotten.
Hope to see you around!

Falco, Tim, Saul.

Tikin

Post by Tikin » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:55 pm

So many thanks, for your inclusivity, your high motivation, and all the efforts you made to run the Roses and throw that much events! I've had a lot of fun around Tasha, and have enjoyed a lot to participate in the tournaments, festivals and other social gatherings you've organized, whenever I was able to :heart: .

Delir won't find enough whiskey to get over your loss. :kiss:

Deac0knight

Post by Deac0knight » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:09 pm

It was a pleasure having played with you on both Pimm and Bonne. From the stellar rp to the sailing adventurers to the constant balancing act of staying "middle ground" pirates. I'd like to commend your work on the ship models and what you've done to increase the look and feel of being a sailor. I'm sure we'll run into each other again sometime. Bon voyage and don't be a stranger on Discord.

FallenDabus

Post by FallenDabus » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:10 pm

The dynamic Tasha had with Pimm and Bonne was really fun. I was always a bit sad that like with so many others of the Roses, her focus on the faction often meant she spent too little time with the fantastic cast of characters individually. Some of the most fun I had was when Pimm and Tasha just took the time to sit and talk, while the whole world seemed to burn around them. Those were some terrific moments of character growth for Tasha. <3
Natasha Dryby ~ Songstress of the Sea!
Shaelin Durothil ~ Divine Seeker of Sehanine (retired)
Yowyn ~ Svirfneblin Druidess (retired)

Germain

Post by Germain » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:53 pm

Awww.. Natasha has finally set out to sea for one last time. I always enjoyed the interactions between Captain Natasha and Dread Wavemistress Helder.

Fair seas and following winds, my friend.
Current Character: Umrae Freth

Previous: Edala Helder, Maethe N'Shee, Elerra Hyluan

Babylon System is the Vampire

Post by Babylon System is the Vampire » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:15 pm

I for one am glad you are done, because the devil's ability to tempt me back into this frustrating time sink has just gotten significantly weaker. Big loss for the server though for a dozen reasons listed above.

Most folks judge a character of a person based on how well they get along with someone of like mind, but there is a massive flaw in that logic because eventually two folks wind up disagreeing about something. And you and I certainly had our disagreements, from philosophical debates about the server to the merits of individuals. But while things got fiery at times, and we often walked away agreeing to disagree, it never carried over to the next day. We were always still cool.

And that is what makes a great person in my mind, the ability to see past the disagreements to what you have in common and respect that folks aren't always going to see things the same as you, instead of getting petty about it.

Good luck out there, and feel free to hit me up on discord at any time.

Amnesy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Amnesy » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:42 pm

Both Natasha and Shaelin were a treat, you are a great RPer who can sacrifice some of the ideas to accommodate for other stories. It is heartwarming you poured some of your time to share your talents to bring something new and outstanding to the server.

Kudos to you

Evianna

Post by Evianna » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:07 am

thanks for the fun times and unexpected story arcs from the chance natasha took on yukana. roses will always be #1
you may remember me from such idiot characters as:

mystery

iyelle ixit'shii - waiting for her Death to come for her in Menzoberranzan
raimie mistmantle - sold into slavery
yukana ("malyss") - in a castle with her elf in kozakura

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:39 pm

The adventures Aunrae lived in her early days with the gnomes are still a big part of what made her the character she is now, and Yowyn was one of the few beacons of stability for her in very difficult times.

A huge thank you for the awesome and exciting rp we made together and the amazing stories you involved us in and were eager to participate in. After interacting with Yowyn my view of druids will never be the same anymore, and I was really amazed how you managed to give to such a role and Yowyn's particular attitude to it, an original and engrossing take.

Good luck for whatever next project you will embark in. <3

SilverSnake
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SilverSnake » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:35 am

I dont think i will be ever able to properly describe how amazing of an character Yowyn was. I do hope Imri was not too annnoying sometimes :). I did greatly enjoy how our characters interacted and argued.