kudos from the void (yukana says bye)

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Evianna

kudos from the void (yukana says bye)

Post by Evianna » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:21 pm

hello, I had a lot of fun playing Yukana for a long time but I realized that I hadn't shared my thanks for my first real character on the server even if I haven't played her for a long while (and don't intend on it again). there's many names I've forgotten by now so I just want to say thanks to the characters surrounding the biggest landmarks in her life.

maethiel: yukana's almost redemption arc. far too nice for yukana, and yukana knew it. one of the nicest people ooc I've had the pleasure of meeting. endlessly kind and neverceasingly inclusive as an RPer.

"Nightmare": yukana's assassin bff. the closest thing she had to a sister after leaving home. I wish we'd gotten to work on a few more contracts together, but I remember our guldorand murder night as one of the best memories of my time on arelith.

Kesa Hillside: though we didn't actually interact all that much, it's amazing how memorable that assassination (and all the tailing of her I did that she never knew about) was. what a gracious person OOC in the wake of PvP.

maiven (& the roses of misfortune (&sencliff)): one chance meeting in the freeport led yukana to go sailing over to sencliff alone in the penny rose (and almost ended up sunk) and it spawned the genuinely completely unexpected story arc of an assassin pirate that wasn't actually a pirate. wonderfully inclusive group of people. maiven was sweet, kind, pouty, a tantrum-haver, a complete charming rascal, and she was always yukana's captain at heart. (sorry nat)

Alyssa Avaelyn: 🔱 🐟 !!! this elf caused no small amount of headaches for yukana & friends, but she brought the most human parts of her to the surface that she didn't even know she still had. I had tremendous amounts of fun in the UD with you trying to get to contract targets. she probably still has weird dreams about those fingers, even now.

Larae Zolani: "if things were different..." another almost. I adored getting to explore yukana realizing how much she had in common with Drow, despite her entire backstory being predominantly full of Elves and having experienced the Elven side of things. thanks for the maps!

Liavelwyn Silvershade: from the very first moment yukana spoke to her, she was completely done for. endless hours of discussing the big, the small, and everything in between. from the most painful scenes to the most joyful. yukana adored every single second that she got to spend with this elf. even if her gods were stupid.

the fact that they finished each other's sentences or said the same thing as each other constantly after their bond took hold made me laugh so many times, but it just cemented the fact that these two awful, hideously twisted people absolutely deserved each other.

I am endlessly thankful to the player for countless experiences that will stay with me for long after I stop playing on arelith, and I'm truly happy to have met them.

other names that come to mind: melasafir, raewynn, syrithael, baldissere, clodagh, sylvine, lavok, tim biscuit, natasha dryby. much more briefly, towards the very end, the syndicate. I'm probably forgetting some! sorry! thank you for nice times!! see you in the underdark!!!!
you may remember me from such idiot characters as:

mystery

iyelle ixit'shii - waiting for her Death to come for her in Menzoberranzan
raimie mistmantle - sold into slavery
yukana ("malyss") - in a castle with her elf in kozakura

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: kudos from the void (yukana says bye)

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:41 pm

While unexpected and unscripted, you assassination of Kesa was both well plotted and played. Such moments come rarely for a PC and it gave me pause in the best possible way. As a result of your efforts and RP, you gave Kesa an ending with meaning and for that I shall always be thankful.

Amateur Hour

Post by Amateur Hour » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:54 pm

The ever-shifting relationship between Yukana and Maethiel was so complex and affecting to roleplay; it helped me learn to be both a better writer and better roleplayer. Sad to see how it turned out--that almost redemption!--but beautiful to watch the plot thread unfold to the tragic resolution.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

somecritter

Post by somecritter » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:08 am

The coolest kingpin.

LivelyParticle
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by LivelyParticle » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:01 am

I only got to play with Yukana a teeny bit, but I remember it being fun. Good luck with your next one! :)

Ithalan

Post by Ithalan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:52 pm

If there was ever a person Larae genuinely trusted (or at least, knew well enough to not see as a threat), it was Yukana. It was a wild ride, and so much greater than anything I could have anticipated when this weirdo human decided to strike up conversation with Larae while she was minding a stall one cycle.

Painus

Post by Painus » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:28 pm

cool character
Nylaathria Willowmoon - rolled
"Emryc" - rolled
Vigdis Odhinkarr - rolled
Callum D'Amico - banned