The Book Club Presents: Kudos!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

magistrasa

The Book Club Presents: Kudos!

Post by magistrasa » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:22 pm

When I started up the book club, it had a few purposes in mind, all of which are very important to me - and I think important for the server. I've spent so many years admiring the vast player-made libraries, but always felt strange about the fact that I'd never really had an in-depth conversation about any of the server's unique literature. I wanted to bring people together to explore ideas that didn't have anything to do with "good guys" and "bad guys" and "how to win more," to instead broaden people's perspectives and get them to think about the Grand Narrative, and the role we each play in it. I wanted to honor the server's authors, because I know a ton of work goes into writing a book, and oftentimes the effort goes completely unrecognized. I wanted to find inspiration in the works and efforts of those who came before me. And, I wanted to encourage people to look for roleplay that really means something, that touches on ideas at the heart of the human experience.

Towards all these efforts, I think the Book Club has been a huge success, and the experience of running each session has been some of the most fun and engaging roleplay I've ever been a part of. So I just wanted to thank everyone who's attended a meeting, everyone who's shown interest, and everyone who's helped make it such a great experience.

Special thanks to CJ, who is undoubtedly one of the most prolific player authors! Almost all my character's favorite books were written by one soul across different lives, and it's no exaggeration to say he's probably the best author on the server.

Additional kudos to Merwyn, who's trying to bring the idea of a book club to the Underdark. I wish you the best of luck, and I highly encourage UD folks to attend if they get the chance!

Thank you to Vice President Lugh Suthain, who has been tremendously helpful in making the book club happen, and whose enthusiasm was the catalyzing inspiration that led to the idea ever being attempted.

It's been a truly awesome and humbling experience, with more fun times to come! Thanks again to everyone who's been a part of the club so far - and please look forward to exciting new experimental efforts in the near future!

(P.S. - Sorry to everyone who I previously misled, yes I do play Emily Bell, I just don't want people to send me inane meme tells while I'm in-game)

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

Majieu

Re: The Book Club Presents: Kudos!

Post by Majieu » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:26 pm

<3

Crookedblossom
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: The Book Club Presents: Kudos!

Post by Crookedblossom » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:22 pm

Great idea, great character! I'm looking forward to interacting with them more!