The capture and release of Kerenza Massalan

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

AdreannaDrea

The capture and release of Kerenza Massalan

Post by AdreannaDrea » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:04 am

I genuinely cannot describe, how much fun I had with you all over the capture and subsequent roleplay with Kerenza. Everyone OOC were complete sweethearts and made sure I was okay with everything that transpired, and spent -so- many hours roleplaying with me that I cannot begin to thank you all enough. It is an incredible shame that it had to end so soon, but I could not have wished for better jailers - thank you!! I'm not going to mention everyone here because honestly, I saw a lot of names over the few days and I stupidly didn't write them down. Rest assured though, if we interacted, I loved it.

Yachta: Thank you so much for just rolling with my random suggestion that Kerenza gets kidnapped, and super kudos for pulling it off in such a short amount of time. Thank you also for checking I was okay every step of the way, and sending me people to interact with - whilst Kerenza would not recommend the stay on TripAdvisor, Kerenza's player heartily suggests anyone looking for the terror experience mixed with classy OOC handling, to look no further.

Tokino: Oh my gosh I love you. Tokino is cold, and utterly terrifying, there were several points where I genuinely felt a cold sweat myself as a player, on behalf of my poor paladin. Your skill with words, creating a narrative and a compelling character are unparalleled - I genuinely hope Tokino takes Kerenza up on her offer of tea, outside of the prison some time.

Patches: You were so sweet and lovely - what a crazy torture intern! Kerenza never quite figured out what Patches wanted in life, but she sure loved attempting to distract her with questions. It didn't always work, and she's not entirely sure of the purpose of the tooth necklace, but she (and I) had a blast trying to make Patches believe it was serving Sune in some way.

Levius: You know I love you. If I haven't sufficiently gushed my gratitude, admiration and affection for you and Levius enough already, let me know, and I will quadruple my efforts. I knew when I started this arc that I wanted to get you involved, and you were the first person I told OOC so that we could co-ordinate on that front too. As always, my dear friend, I adore you.

Thomas: Thank you so much for being willing to hold off on the rescue for me, and to take a step back and co-ordinate with Levius and others to really create a narrative that everyone can enjoy. Not everyone has that ability to step back and throw their own egos aside, to do what is best for the story and for all players involved. You are selfless, beautiful, and kind beyond measure.

look...

Currently Playing:
Kethra Stormwind

Previous:
Nadara el Khalyd (Belford)
Alaunthrae Zau'rahel
Kerenza Massalan
Jenna Gaskell
Nathyria Angevin
Kalina 'Storm' Star

In Sorrow We Trust
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: The capture and release of Kerenza Massalan

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:12 pm

Honestly reassured to see this. I was worried I messed up by trying to straighten things out towards the end. Everything kind of spiraled out of control... but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. You are all honestly wonderful people to play with, understanding and patient, and most people would never step up to coordinate with roleplay like this. Thank you for giving us all an opportunity. I truly hope we'll get a chance to interact again in the future. She definitely might ask for tea, and who knows, maybe even some more romance advice while they're alone.

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:23 pm

Thank you for all the nice words!
I am glad people have enjoyed and that RP was built from this. There is always a measure of concern for these sorts of interaction because I believe expectations and IC have to meet in the middle ground to make sure everybody has a good time.

Always can learn more for future events!
I was glad to RP with you all though.

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

robintime

Post by robintime » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:58 am

I'm really happy to hear you had a good time! You were great to roleplay with, Kerenza is a credit to paladins everywhere and I thoroughly enjoyed our interactions. I hope our characters meet again someday; if you ever want to plan anything with Patches in the future, just let me know! :D

Big thanks to all of you for giving me the opportunity to be involved in this. You've all been gems IC and OOC and I look forward to any other plots you guys come up with!

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:14 am

That was one close call! And a long lasting impact with much development. These things can always turn out hairy. Thanks to everyone and thanks Andunor for the welcome party :P

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled