i-yelle's rol-ling ku-dos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Evianna

i-yelle's rol-ling ku-dos

Post by Evianna » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:45 am

This one's going to be a long one, and it was a hard decision, but Iyelle has reached a natural end-point (while absolutely attaining everything she ever wanted from life) and so it was time.

If I've forgotten anyone I'm sorry in advance. I'm not going to go into walls of text here but I just wanted to share some funny memories.

Yusanis Bel-Sarathai

(Slave)

Giselle d'Lavigne/Yachta

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the descent into near-madness with Giselle. Always a pleasure and a genuine gift to RP with sorrowkitten. Thank you for spending so much of your time with me. And for teaching Iyelle how-to-makeup.

Yachta is probably the best slave-master I've seen RP'd in Andunor. Truly evoked anger from Iyelle, as well as disgust and disdain and everything in between.

Lorenzo Ortega Marquez

I Can't Believe He's Not Naked

Larae

The first daughter Iyelle needed, but not the one she deserved. Larae is such a nuanced and fun character to be around that I hope I run into and cross paths with her yet again.

Xelzara

"My vest is going to tear."

To the player: It has been good. But it is time to move on. Farewell.

Nerali & Lilian Williams

The two responsible for taking the biggest steps in her life. Lilian was the one to say just the right thing to help Iyelle realize what Duvain meant when she told her to live for herself, and not anyone else. Nerali taught her that it was alright to feel whatever the Drow equivalent of love was, even if Iyelle never really understood it in the same terms. Though we didn't have many interactions in quantity, what there were were some of the most memorable encounters of Iyelle's time in Andunor.

Amelia Amryth

Without Amelia, Iyelle would have gone off the rails entirely. She was the only voice of reason in Iyelle's life for a while, and was loyal until the end. I'm lucky to have had another go around with this player, who is a fantastic writer and cares so much about progressing and pushing forward others' RP. See you again soon, since we can't seem to escape each other.

Big Joey

Every second was a hoot. Thanks, Joey. Sweep on sweeping on.

Callum d'Amico

Iyelle was terrified of this man, for the longest time. The one person she couldn't read, but grew to have an absolute respect and reverence for. She knew, in the end, those shoes were too big to fill.

To the player: Arelith will be worse off without you, friend. The sheer effort you put into including others into the story you were trying to tell is unparalleled, and your gift as a writer stands out a country mile. I'll miss your presence.

Duvain

This traitor was truly Iyelle's friend. Duvain (and her player) went out of their way to include Iyelle (and me) in anything and everything. The time they spent coaxing things out of her, and the effort they went to to make sure I would get to see things that I hadn't dreamed of seeing on Iyelle was insane. I have nothing but the highest of praise for the player, and I'll miss seeing the character around sorely.

Francesca Visconti

Welcome to Defense Against the Dark Arts 101

Anastasia

The slowest burn of slowest burns. What could have been a severed tie in RP became with persistence something much more. A truly talented writer, and a wonderful person behind the character. I feel lucky to have shared time RPing with you.

Perunika

I have no idea where to even begin or end with this. I enjoyed every single second of RPing with this character. Iyelle felt the full spectrum of emotion with Perunika. I feel like the less said, the better, because nothing I can write here would do it justice. Iyelle knows she'll keep it safe.

To the player, thank you for letting me write this story with you for as long as we did. I have so many fond memories to take away with me from this that'll last long after I stop playing on the server.

Notable mentions: The Erudite Arcanum, House Hel'Vael, the rest of the Syndicate/Citadel, Jhulae, Adelyn Belle'rose, Lucky, Faeris Orthae, Chione Akil, Aunrae Hlairyn, Yachta, "Perine", "John Sala-man-der", Valas/Zilvrae, Sythaeryn, Johnathan Holtz, Ulvorne, Senrae, Vielyn, "Nightmare", Ilphaeryl Xun'viir.

so long goodbye cya!
Last edited by Evianna on Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
you may remember me from such idiot characters as:

mystery

iyelle ixit'shii - waiting for her Death to come for her in Menzoberranzan
raimie mistmantle - sold into slavery
yukana ("malyss") - in a castle with her elf in kozakura

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Re: i-yelle's rol-ling ku-dos

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:53 am

you lied

you said this was going in your kudos post:

you dirty liar...

Serious though... she will be missed. I'm sorry things ended so quickly. You shaped Giselle's story so much with our interactions. Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:59 am

<3

Iyelle definitely goes in the G.O.A.T hall of fame, for just being one of the most hateable/lovable, complex, deeply immersive and fleshed out characters I've ever had the pleasure of RPing with. So many flaws and all of them are frustratingly real, and somehow still incredibly endearing. Amazing roleplayer, and I look forward to whatever you do next because I know it will be amazing!

Persist.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:01 am

Iyelle was a character defining roller-coaster to remember forever.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:13 am

I really hoped to see a little more of her, but I can understand the feeling regarding her story drawing to a close. Still, a pity, and she will be missed quite dearly. I remember how fascinating and unpredictable Iyelle was since the very first interaction, gracious and urbane on one hand and yet wild and passionate on the other. A memorable character, with many facets to explore and discover, and not enough time to savor them all.

Thank you for the lovely roleplays and looking forward to see your next project.

Yvesza

Post by Yvesza » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:22 am

Iyelle was a great character with a lot to her, it's was always great trying to mediate the chaos of her unfolding plans. She caused no untold amounts of strife as she tried to work her way onwards and there was always more going on than I think most people ever really knew.

It was a lot of fun for as long as it lasted, thanks for everything you brought and the stories you told!

With Darkness and Silence

Post by With Darkness and Silence » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:07 am

I'll see you later, Space Cowboy.

eddymakaveli

Post by eddymakaveli » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:20 am

Perine will never be able to fill the void in his heart, for the first person he cooked salmon for.

Ithalan

Post by Ithalan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:13 am

Even having watched Iyelle's story from nearly the start, I feel like I've still missed so many facets of her. Never was there a dull moment when trying to keep up with her and what madness her next action might start. Thank you for the time, and I hope we have characters cross paths again in the future!

neverwinternightly

Post by neverwinternightly » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:18 am

My character was pretty unsure about Iyelle when she first met her. It wasn't until quite a bit later that they developed a short-lived but rather meaningful relationship. Really glad to have been able to spend those moments together! Amazing rp between Lily and Iyelle.

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:08 pm

Where's the special mention of my character Borko?

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:09 pm

Iyelle was neat. Sad our interactions were not more numerous!

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:33 pm

Thank you for all the RPs we had.
Yachta-Iyelle's interactions were either fun or threatening, never mundane: loved the time spent together and I hope that more fun can be had in the future!

Cheers!

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:34 pm

Adelyn never really knew what to do with Iyelle. Befriend? Seduce? Aid? Work against? Who knows!

But what I do know, she was a pleasure to watch from afar and even more enjoyable to watch RP. Thank you for the few moments we shared. Your not that bad for a vile Abyssalist :)

I am eager to see what you come up with next!
Last edited by Edens_Fall on Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perseid

Post by perseid » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:21 am

I'll miss Iyelle! I really enjoyed their long talks over drinks and the intermittent glimpses into her progression they offered.

McKnighter

Post by McKnighter » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:21 pm

The first and one of the very few Drow Taoua was happy to work with. The witty banter and casual recklessness they both encouraged out of each other will be missed.

Trashkeeper

Post by Trashkeeper » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:04 pm

Iyelle was a very fun character to interact with. You've done a marvelous job with her character, and I only hope you're happy from here on out. Kudos to you!

Luastra Hel'Vael
Kamilla Pridebrand
Eirina
Lin Jia Li
Jin He