Kudos! Sorrowkitten - RP, Undead, Dirgesinger & More

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

lycoris

Kudos! Sorrowkitten - RP, Undead, Dirgesinger & More

Post by lycoris » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:46 pm

I considered creating a kudos thread properly to highlight my experiences on Arelith I think it's important to highlight one player who has consistently made my experience in this community a fantastic (and sometimes terrifying) joy ride: Sorrowkitten!

There are very few individuals I've had the opportunity to role play and write with that have granted me the ease and comfort to adapt my style (as someone who is stuck in the habit of role playing as if I'm trapped in third-person narration) and create dynamic and meaningful RP effortlessly. SK is a talented writer and role player that inarguably brings together a lot of her personal interests into creating meaningful and entertaining dialogue in her characters (See: The Very Spooky, Very Beloved Holly Holtz) Even the smallest interactions on my retinue of characters for this past year have been enjoyable, funny, and outright captivating from the start.

For the events I have been able to attend on my characters, I got to hand it to SK; be it art events or tourneys, I've found every one to bring a lot of people together and create not only something for folks to do on their weekends but the splintering aftermath of such events have always been memorable. Given my penchant for playing lurkers or outright noise machines (See: something-something bard, something-something, chaotic-aligned warlocks) - I always felt like her structure of events were organized and meant to deliver content to players and offer a little something for everyone who came along.

Not only that, but as a new player on this server when I first kicked off, SK has had a ton of patience with me as a friend and as a player in making sure I had an idea of what the hell I was doing - from mechanics tips, to build support, and generally just being community-centric and inclusive, she made sure I had the information I needed while directing me to the right sources on Arelith. As someone who is definitely more shy online and not inclined to join communities outright, I was grateful for the opportunity to meet friends through friends and a lot of those friendships began with SK bringing people together through RP and creating diverse opportunities for everyone.

Additionally, her dev-content has been a treat. I can't get enough of these Undead and can't wait to collect more prisms and unlock more streams in game. It was a well-needed adjustment that has SO MUCH potential for great necromancy role play and I imagine a great deal of effort went into creating these streams and balancing them given recent updates and revisions. Dirgesinger has always been conceptually one of my favorite classes to incorporate and knowing its an available avenue now has me itching to test it and play around with it more but of what I have experienced in my game time, it looks incredible and I hope for more classes like it in the future in further expanding along opportunities for fellow necromancy enthusiasts.

All in all, SK is a rockstar and I can't appreciate her enough. Thank you for all you do!
Last edited by lycoris on Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Kudos! Sorrowkitten - RP, Undead, Dirgesinger & More

Post by Preserver » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:00 pm

I wholeheartedly agree.
Not only Sorrow's characters tend to be extremely enjoyable to RP with, but every time she organizes an event or is part of an event, she is constantly doing her best to make sure everybody is having fun: truly a player with others in mind.

Generally speaking, if I have to refer someone to a RPer that just knows how to write and concoct a fun story and roleplay experience, not to mention someone that also knows about builds and the mechanical aspects of Arelith, I always suggest them to check Sorrowkitten (who, despite all my efforts to keep sucking, managed to turn me into a moderately competent player!).

Her dev content is always very inspired too! The Undead Streams are just her latest neat work in a series of neat works.
Thank you <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:24 am

Sorrow is a very gifted storyteller. All my interactions on any of her characters has been immersive and very rewarding. She as a person is also kind and passionate about wanting to make an inclusive space for others. Thanks for all that you do as well with the dev work!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

With Darkness and Silence

Post by With Darkness and Silence » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:11 am

We're kudosing SK? Okay, let me get my things...

It's been extremely interesting observing you as a roleplayer for a very long time now. I actually knew a fair bit about Holly Holtz from two different characters with outside perspectives on her for a long time.

Later on I got to know Holly a bit better, but never properly. Our schedules conflict it feels like. I'm not sure, but it's a god honest shame. She wasn't big K's daughter, but she kinda felt like one of his kids. She was one of few people who would encounter his incredibly terse attitude and actually be upset by it. Which, in turn forced him to actually have to think about his words, and explain himself to her because he didn't want to hurt her feelings for absolutely no reason.

We've had encounters since then. And in-fact, I've met three different characters on my current main that have all played some role in their life, though Tokino yet to be explored. I'm looking forward to what's to come when I'm back in play.

Also your mechanics additions are always a thing of beauty. I wish I had something to complain about, except everything I think and wish for on Arelith literally has SK's hand in it without me having to say a word.

Keep it up gurl. You're freakin' baller.

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:57 am

I really wish that we had had more chance to roleplay together. Those roleplay that we had were all a blast and often left a mark for several months to come, going back to Xunyl Drv'ymyr, or Seraphine, through Holly and Giselle. Each was a memorable and unique character that left a powerful impact on all those they were close to.

And on top of this there was the sublime developer work, culminating in the magnificent masterwork of the undead streams.

Lastly the player was an absolute delight to interact with and coordinate. Indeed you will be missed dearly.

Godspeed and thank you for everything!

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:05 pm

There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said in this thread with far better grace then I could possible manage.

Instead, I shall simply say Thank you for being you and no matter what comes . . . May the Odds be forever in your favor.