Daedric Snowshepard's Long Awaited Farewell

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

CrawlerShiso
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Daedric Snowshepard's Long Awaited Farewell

Post by CrawlerShiso » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:36 pm

Time for Daedric to leave Arelith and with that I wanted to give credit that would most likely never come from this emotionally devoid wizard. It has been quite the journey with this character for me and those that have role played alongside me for hours (days) at a time. I never expected this concept to be liked or favored in any way, I'd mostly expected to be ignored or shoved off due to boredom. You all surprised me and helped me get through this self inflicted challenge of a character concept.

So without further ado~

DAEDRIC'S FAVORITE PERSON

You know who you are, I won't put your name here. The amount of work and time you put into being his OVERLY PAID spy is staggering. The level of detail you passed on helped Daedric keep ahead of a few people and open roads that would have been blocked. All the interactions, from meeting to re-meeting, to re-re-meeting were great! That map you made and the long standing information gathering will inspire many story and character ideas for years to come. Thank you so much for the laughs, the intrigue, and friendship.

QUEEN OF THE OROGS, MORKHAMERA

I love your role play styles and I hope I'll be lucky enough to experience more of it somewhere else. The chance meeting that split into a long term connection-networking-business-bashing-time... all to make a marble pillar. Amazing. I think back on the interactions between the two and giggle. Wishing you the best with your new paths! Thank you.

RICHEST CHARACTER ON THE SERVER, LUPERCALLIA

What a great character to meet and connect with. The trade baroness herself! I was not prepared for how well this character ran trade and business deals. It was fantastic seeing a player on the server corner the market with such style and grace. The role play you put forward almost made me turn Daedric into an Underdark exclusive fella. But... he had other priorities. Keep being awesome, ya trade devil.

ALL OF MYON

Stop.

ASTRAL

How in the heck did we keep meeting through all your different characters? Why did they all call Daedric “boy” or “lad”? Anyway, you're most recent one was well received by me. So much so that Daedric wanted to capture him in a soul jar and sell that to the lowest tiered imp. Keep playing that way my dude, it's great having a character to be friendly and openly aggravate relations. Hope you're doing well!

HARKHOS

Oh my, you murderous son of a... You got Daedric in so much hot water just by talking with him. Hilarious. Though many players may not enjoy PvP (which is all good), I loved the chaos and role play your actions spawned on the server. It gave Daedric a chance to earn coin from gathering information. I don't think you're on the server anymore, but I hope you're doing well in life. Ya crazy fella...

GLOOMWARDEN HIN MOTHER, WILLOWGRAVE

Thank you for all the help, opportunities, and role play! I'm truly sorry I couldn't keep playing and further work on the Academy – to make the Tower great again. It was bad life timing. I loved how accidentally they connected on small things but were most likely morally different in several facets of necromancy. I loved all the times Daedric would “get a talking to” because of some other Academy member and their “antics”. She was one of the few characters that got to scold Daedric. Thank you for all you did and the friendship!

BEX

I hope you're doing well and thank you for instilling some chaos into Daedric's life. Boy did he need some chaos... that dull son of a...

CAPITAL B – DOLPHIN

WHY DID HE WANT TO TAUNT DAEDRIC SO MUCH?! Love you man, I hope you're still creating fun times for others.
P.S. I don't know a thing about those statues.

THAYAN BF

You're a great party planner. You were fantastic at bringing the Red Wizard troupe to life on the server and rolling out with the biggest and most diverse crowd I'd seen. Sorry I could never spell his name correctly. Thank you for the boat rides, the role play, and the ~magical moments~.

GINNY

What a story between them. From cautious friendship with the local potion seller, to open hatred and threats against Daedric, to mutual understanding and professionalism, to an awkward friendship. As a player, I was hoping Spinner would return some day and make up some stuff about Daedric. Then Ginny would go Spanish Inquisition on Daedric. Ahhh... but alas, they became distant pen pals. Oh well! Your role play is fantastic and on-point dear. Building up a reputation from the humble beginnings to what she is now is no small feat on this server. Well done and game on! Hopefully our paths with cross again some day.

DAEDRIC'S LONG LOST STUDENTS

All of you were amazing. From the brain in a jar lady to the noble tradeswoman- thank you. You guys delivered some great perspectives on a fake magic system and how it works/ties into the world. Truely inspired!

WANDERING MOUNTAIN MAN

Bless my heart, there was no better fit for the Academy than this guy. How did you keep all that information straight? Where did you draw your inspiration from? How could you turn the mundane into interesting, academic topics? Bravo, my dude, bravo. I hope you'll keep writing and enjoy it because you definetly tickled my brain meats more often than not. Thank you.

“SORROW”

What a journey these two have had. First of all, I don't think Daedric would have been nearly as intimidating if it weren't for the fact he had his shadowy companion with him for so long. You were the backbone behind Daedric and his endless work and a great companion throughout all the adventure the two had been through. I'll remember the chaos, down time, and fights fondly. You're role play is fantastic and one of the primary reasons I could play a character so out of line from my normal play style for a year. I can't properly express how thankful I am for all the time we spent together. Thank you.

ARCH-RIVAL PETTY-MAN, BENNY

Ahh... you salty dog. Ever since the beginning, level 9 and on. A “faithful” companion and like minded compatriot. You are another role player that kept Daedric from early deletion. Your quick wit kept me laughing, your ability to entirely fit a character so unlike you is endearing to me, and all the friendship that has come from our chance meeting and adventures is fantastic. Getting little hints about how many times your character needed to one-up Daedric had me in stitches. On that note, Daedric was at 25k on his person at all times toward the end.

I hope we remain life long friends. Thank you for everything and good luck with the Academy. ;)

P.S. Don't feel pressured to keep that up. It wouldn't be fair and I'd feel bad.

THE OTHERS

As you can tell, I'm not good at these shotgun kudos. But if you ever interacted with Daedric in game, know that I enjoyed almost every interaction and varied responses I got from his cold staring and emotionless forward attitude. If ever you felt that I didn't like you as a player, that's not true. I love the Arelith community and I know I'll come back to it some day. Just not as Daedric. His story is over. Thank you for making the journey more colorful! Love you all! <3
  • Telru - Died of natural causes

• Tylond'onel - Died of violent causes

• Daedric Snowshepard - Found a way to preserve his sister (Rolled)

• Kol'rath - In hiding and training (Shelved)

• Alaith - Who can guess? (Shelved)

• Gardungokark - Active

Nekonecro

Re: Daedric Snowshepard's Long Awaited Farewell

Post by Nekonecro » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:23 pm

CrawlerShiso wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:36 pm
ALL OF MYON

Stop.
No.

Aeryeris

Post by Aeryeris » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:05 am

Daedric really helped shape my early roleplay experience on Arelith.
Your willingness to roll with the rivalry without it turning into anything nasty turned into something extremely fun and character building.
I'm going to miss Daedric.
Currently playing: Ginny Fairlen

LivelyParticle
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by LivelyParticle » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:02 pm

Daedric was the first person ever to send my character a wisp after we met in Skal, and still being on Skal and being an utter newbie, completely ignorant of the mechanics and possibilites, none of my friends or I knew what on earth it was. It was definitely an exciting "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT" moment that started an incredible storyline and got me and my character introduced to a whole new world full of amazing (and dangerous) people.

From there on, it was a crazy wild adventure of exploration, conflict, drama, juice and creativity. I thought Daedric was a cool character, and I enjoyed playing with him and seeing some parts of the various stories he kicked off and was part of. Props to you for pulling off the emotionless wizard with a ton of secrets and motivations. Finding some of them out and working with him has been an incredible ride.

I'm very sorry to see him go, and wish you best for the future.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:27 am

Thanks. It really means a lot. Daedric was indeed someone I enjoyed running into on more than one character as it happened. Looking forward to meet whatever you bring next. <3
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

somecritter

Post by somecritter » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:04 am

Daedric was an incredibly well-played character and served as a good reminder to always play a role that isn't just yourself. Please, do return with another amazing concept because characters like Daedric make the world feel alive.

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:42 am

It was a pleasure to play with you again after so long. It was great to have an ally in necromancy at the Tower and I had tons of fun with the dynamic between the two.

<3
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

fulminea

Post by fulminea » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:50 am

I'm sad and moved to see Daedric leaving, but will forever carry the memory of our RP in my heart. My loud char and Daedric came from completely different places, and that's what made it fun :)

Hopefully I'll get to see what you are up to next.