The Armor Appearance Editor

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Bazelgeuse

The Armor Appearance Editor

Post by Bazelgeuse » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:05 pm

Major props to the devs! It's such a sleek, simple, streamlined way to do character outfits.

Now excuse me while I spend the next hour tweaking my character's clothes ;)

Salasker

Re: The Armor Appearance Editor

Post by Salasker » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:45 pm

This is magic, pure and simple. No more trial and error going through list after list? MAGIC, I tell you!

Kishti

Post by Kishti » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:00 pm

Such an awesome addition! Big thanks!
  • Niella Jiova (Shelved)
  • Heria Divorin (Shelved)
  • Orphea Cradles (Shelved)

Vespidae

Post by Vespidae » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:51 pm

Honestly this is jaw dropping. I don't have to alt-tab out to a googled image of the NWN colour palette any more. Sensational work.
Playing: Tal

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:22 pm

Really happy that you're all enjoying it! When .35 comes out, we can replace the colour palette with the one from the wiki so it looks like this instead, which is even nicer to use than the solid colours.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:58 am

You're literally the best ❤

The_Icelord

Post by The_Icelord » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:28 am

It's definitely a major improvement, and I can see the thought put into it, great work. However.. I do have a couple of issues with it that would improve the QoL of the whole thing.

First off, the fact we're editing our own outfit, instead of working on a model and only when we're done apply it to ourselves. This makes undoing mistakes or going back to an earlier version harder as saving/loading outfits is a little cumbersome.

Second, we cannot use arrowkeys to easily scroll through the various options, we have to click the selector to open, then make a selection. Being able to simply scroll through the various options with arrow keys would make picking the bit you want a hundred times more feasible.

Finally, and this one isn't directly related to the editor, the number of options available for outfits is rather limited. Call me spoiled, but even when you take away the zillion Pufferfishes, vulva's and boobs, Sinfar for instance has many, many options to choose from and use to make outfits. Having a little larger selection would definitely be nice.

Vespidae

Post by Vespidae » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:04 pm

The_Icelord wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:28 am

Second, we cannot use arrowkeys to easily scroll through the various options, we have to click the selector to open, then make a selection. Being able to simply scroll through the various options with arrow keys would make picking the bit you want a hundred times more feasible.
There are little arrow buttons next to the selector that you can use to click through the items in order! I didn't notice them at first myself but they make the selection go a lot faster.
Playing: Tal

The_Icelord

Post by The_Icelord » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:32 pm

Vespidae wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:04 pm
The_Icelord wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:28 am

There are little arrow buttons next to the selector that you can use to click through the items in order! I didn't notice them at first myself but they make the selection go a lot faster.
And even more awesome sauce! Guess we can scrap that bit then. :)