Pentunia is shelving-Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

AsteraceaeOculus

Pentunia is shelving-Kudos

Post by AsteraceaeOculus » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:11 pm

I have a lot of people to thank here, as Pentunia has been around since November 2021 and has been active since.
My Merchant Navy Original officers group portrait, see my art thread "Aster's Arelith Art"
First, major kudos to The Merchant Navy crew, of course. It was amazing watching us go from a rag-tag team on a few rental ships to a Naval Power worth reckoning with. I hope you find a new chef in Pentunia's absence.
Mariangel De La Todelino - It was great watching Maria going from shy and sad to the confident, very very amnian lady she is today. I'm glad we stole you from Brog, and that you are our Admiral. You've provided a lot of laughs from your botched attempts at match making to deep emotional moments as Pentunia and Maria had to deal with the literal ghosts of her past.
Ayiesha Dahyariff, for being the last original Merchant Navy officer standing. It breaks my heart for pentunia to leave one of her oldest friends. Thank you, and I'm happy Pentunia could see her and Mariangel's wedding.
Elindros Ama'Alar, thanks for not only introducing Pentunia to the wonderful world of sailing and completely changing the direction of her character, but for working tirelessly to make sailing open to everyone. These two had a lovely friendship and I'd like to imagine they'll meet again on the mainland someday, at least so Pentunia can scold him for not saying good bye in person.
Vesra Ma'ave, thank you for being our first bard, chicken keeper, and dear friend to Pentunia
Dax Corbin, Pentunia still has fond memories of this old, strange elf.
Ed Sharkstalker, for being the most badass half orc on the island.
Sarek, for being Pentunia's edgy unexpected friend, and for the awesome scene of Pentunia getting up form her first lesson in monk stuff, willing to go ahead on the path of the Long Death. Maybe Pentunia will find her way to his edgy 63-black colored assassin retirement home to say hello sometimes.
Gabriel, for being Gabriel, provider of life advice, fish, and friendship.
Kyari, for being a bright spot of sunshine
Sili, for the hilarious one sided frenemy-ship she has with Pentunia.
Zemys, for being the clever murder hin friend that everyone needs. Maybe someday, we will see his face.
Tobold, for being an unexpected and delightful love interest for Pentunia. I never thought she'd actually end up in a relationship, and was happy to roleplay her romantic life as a comedic series of missteps, mistakes, and misunderstandings, but Tobold and Pentunia's relationship has incredibly sweet and well worth Pentunia taking the leap to initiate.
Thank you to the Cordor Navy, in it's several incarnations, from Aloysious the sailing gnome, to the Lyves, all the way to to Jack Lynch and Alara. We have gone from friendly rivals, to friends, to teammates.
Thank you to Syvis, for being Pentunia's first mentor, and for indirectly leading her to the Merchant Navy. It's a shame their story never got a satisfying conclusion, but I thank you for showing me the ropes of arelith ic and ooc.
And...weirdly enough, thank you for whoever called the hit on Pentunia? It made some interesting roleplay, and I still wonder to this day who this halfling made angry enough to pay 100,000 gold to have her killed. Thank you Lorenzo, I still have a mini heart attack when I see you around.
Thank you Ormag, for being a memorable character, as well as actually causing Pentunia to change her mind on someone for once.
Thank you to Impei, for also getting Pentunia to be a bit more open minded for once, and starting a somewhat strange friendship.
Thank you to our wonderful foes on Sencliff. The culture of killing each other at sea and simply heckling each other on land is what makes sailing pvp so great. Thank you to Tim Biscuit, for being a memorable and delightful pirate and Natasha for the Merchant Navy's long standing rivalry with the Roses. Natasha's prank on Pentunia when she caught her listening in had me laughing to hard to respond ic.
Edits:
Thank you to Angela Amana for inviting the Merchant Navy into Guldorand, changing our base of operations for good.
Thank you to Flamma, even if you did keep sending me 'You fit in Pie" tells for a while. I feel old remembering when you were Kid.
Thank you to Rok Inon and Ubular(?), for being the first people on the island I did pick up groups with. I wonder where you two went.
Thank you to Kali Brinsin for being the literal first person I talked to. I was a bit shocked by the fact there is people with FREAKING wings on the server.
I'm sure I've missed people, but I appreciate the roleplay I've had on this server. There are so many delightful roleplayers and characters here, and I may come back someday, either on Pentunia or another friend.
Last edited by AsteraceaeOculus on Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

DAVEHEART

Re: Pentunia is shelving-Kudos

Post by DAVEHEART » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:53 pm

Pentunia was one of the first (and very few) people to actually make Ormag feel a little introspective. The influence went both ways :)

JUSTICE FOR DAVE!

Tarsakh Skies

Post by Tarsakh Skies » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:52 pm

Kaedan will always remember and cherish their secret parting hug moment, but of course, he will deny it ever happened if someone ever asks him, after all, Auril declares in her holy scriptures that hugs are pretty cringe.

AsteraceaeOculus

Post by AsteraceaeOculus » Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:07 am

Tarsakh Skies wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:52 pm
Kaedan will always remember and cherish their secret parting hug moment, but of course, he will deny it ever happened if someone ever asks him, after all, Auril declares in her holy scriptures that hugs are pretty cringe.
That is true, Hugs share body heat. I am glad to have met Kaedan, even if he spread the reputation of the Merchant Navy being made of Half Naked sailors even further. It's always a joy to have Pentunia play off of a more stoic character

DeepWebAssassin

Post by DeepWebAssassin » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:18 am

Pentunia was such a great character and one of the most authentic halflings I've ever seen played. I loved my interactions with her on Sarek and often felt like her presence on the ship was something the whole crew could always easily play off of.

Out of everyone there, he'd immediately singled her out as the one least likely to appreciate the brand of "help" that he was offering the crew. Then as things went on, the two end up being thick as thieves.

It was a great story that I was glad to be a part of, and you're a really talented writer. Hope to see you around again sometime!

Lastly, my favorite Pent screenshot of all time: Clown Royale (There was actually 1 more just out of frame)

Currently Playing:
Veras Edrix
(Discord: narcopolo)

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by woodbreeze » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:50 am

I loved Pentunia! She always found a way to make me laugh and I always looked forward to rping with her.

DM Avalon Soul
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Avalon Soul » Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:38 pm

I'm going to miss Petunia .. I remember her participation in the Mariangel Trial plot and her help alongside her Emotional Support Badger
"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame; for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see. " -- Sebaestian, Babylon 5

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:13 pm

Bringing the Merchant Navy to Guldorand was a decision Angela had the fewest doubts about, in her time as High Sheriff. I'm very glad you all approached her, and gave me the chance to meet your characters. Eli and Pentunia in particular were always a delight, and Angela is sorry she missed Pentunia leaving, but she wishes her bright and storied travels.

Thank you, AsteraceaeOculus, for sharing her story with us.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:35 am

A truly fantastic character that was well-written, authentic and 3-dimensional. Very happy I got to run into Pentunia on a few of my characters. You've got a gift at making a scene become more immersive by your presence and writing.

Tesla420

Post by Tesla420 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:19 am

I will always have a special place in my heart for Pentunia! Of course she'd run into Elindros on the main land one day! Only one place you can find Greenshire Pudding after all.
Gregor Blackbreath, Elindros Ama'Alar

mariangel

Post by mariangel » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:07 pm

Thank you so much for Pentunia, what a lovely and wonderful character! Mariangel was probably not always the nicest to her but my appreciation to the hin with the heart of gold and a great meal at ready to serve at any sail was always such a treat.

Never once did she feel like a gimmicky character and you could see Pentunia grow even from Mariangel's duration in the Merchant Navy and outward which I always consider a great quality to any RPer to see how they grow and react to the world around them outwardly and inwardly.

Will miss her on the sails and remember fondly the time where Pentunia had to deal with Mariangel's aggressive and murderous attempts to get her together with someone! Hoping to see her back soon! <3

Paint

Post by Paint » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:31 am

Pent was one of my favorite characters to interact with! And if it wasn't for her, Impei'd probably still be eating mushrooms in the underdark and giggling like a ghoul. I'm sad to see her go, but I'll be happy to see her around whenever you feel like playing her again.

AsteraceaeOculus

Post by AsteraceaeOculus » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:32 am

Paint wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:31 am
Pent was one of my favorite characters to interact with! And if it wasn't for her, Impei'd probably still be eating mushrooms in the underdark and giggling like a ghoul. I'm sad to see her go, but I'll be happy to see her around whenever you feel like playing her again.
Pentunia counts it as a feather in her cap that she stopped another Hin from going to the Underdark. Do you want to be asked by a monster what the hell are you doing there for the rest of your life, Impei? There's no homecooked halfling foods there either!

Obscure

Post by Obscure » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:29 pm

Colleen died with a full belly and you to thank for it.