Merwyn smoll kudos and DM Starfish

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

I will never sleep

Merwyn smoll kudos and DM Starfish

Post by I will never sleep » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:33 pm

I'd like to take a moment to extend a big Kudos to DM Starfish. In the years they've been on the team they have really grown as a DM, and have been an irreplaceable part of some of the best plots I have been a part of on the server. Here's to you and what you do to make the server more fun.

---

Nihilist tiefling going on the shelf, officially. She'll be lingering a little longer to say some farewells. Which is far more of an amicable end than she deserves. I've long felt her story was 'done' and I do and don't regret taking her out of the vault. I won't be calling out anyone in specific. If my writing affected you, you know who you are, anyways.

Nathan1111

Re: Merwyn smoll kudos and DM Starfish

Post by Nathan1111 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:42 pm

i hold my head...

ty for enriching the past little while for safira, ill miss merwyn when she gets locked away in her grey windowless box while shes shelved
Xune Seeriir - Died of a Terminal Illness.
Safira Athol- Girlbossing, Gaslighting, Gatekeeping

Vaeldria

Post by Vaeldria » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:26 pm

The pair of you really make the server worth playing.

And Starfish making content in a variety of ways is outright incredible.

Velli

Post by Velli » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:21 am

Wholeheartedly agree, Starfish was super amazing for me throughout the whole process. Always super kind and patient with my million billion trillion questions both related and unrelated! I can't really overstate how much I appreciated being worked with so closely on things like... God, so much. The visual themes for Velli's patron, it's domains, how Starfish really like slipped into the role of an entity I more or less made up on my own, took my harebrained notes and made her fly! It was really, really neat for me, and the care Starfish had with something that means so much to me, for a thing I've been developing for so long is just... IT WAS REALLY GOOD THANK YOU STARFISH.

Also, Tiefgf... It's kind of fitting that the shelving post is the same as the event kudos post? Velli would've never had the will to try and break her pact without Merwyn, none of that would've happened were it not for ole mate. I really appreciated all the rampant creativity, the scribble board, the doodles...

And most importantly, the Bottled Squirrel. I'm gonna be carrying that one on in honour of her.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:01 am

Merwyn is a rather old character at this point and has contributed a lot to the world, underratedly so. Looking forward to see what you cook up next.

And as for the event, thank you all for participating and giving me the chance to bring character stories to life. My time is limited of late but I'm always happy to sit down with anyone and work out events if possible.
Roleplay is a two way street.

MegaJeff

Post by MegaJeff » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:23 am

I haven't roleplayed with Merwyn in a long time, but they're a great character. Especially when it came to creating roleplay for the people around them. Shelf well earned.

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:55 pm

Even though I haven't played in a long time, Merwyn was always a memorable character. I enjoyed every interaction I had with the character. Thank you for helping bring the world of Arelith to life with your RP. <3
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:44 am

Merwyn is one of those characters who made the earth shake, both literally and figuratively.

It has been a honor to write stories with you and a privilege to play with you. Almost every single interaction with Merwyn was always loaded of significance and stimuli for reflection and introspection. She had always this fierce temperament that made one hold their breath until the last moment, until her reaction was finally revealed. But Merwyn was much more than an impressive character to roleplay with, her actions and story often left consequences that impacted those involved for weeks or even months to come, and that truly tells of the impact she had for those around her and of the sublime ability of her player to weave such plots.

As for DM Starfish, I was not at the event, but I have always found my interactions with him to be quite transparent, understanding and, most importantly, directed at making Arelith a better place to play in.