The Sudden Shelving of Saul the Sailor

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Lewtzy

The Sudden Shelving of Saul the Sailor

Post by Lewtzy » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:04 pm

Ahoy Mateys,

Due to life catching up with me and being unable to juggle all that is needed from me in RL in combination with running a faction like the Dreadnought, I decided to shelf Saul Mackerel, Firbolg Dread Pirate, indefinitely.

I want to thank all who made playing Saul an absolute joy.
And of course I'd like to thank those that made it a mess. As both are needed in a balance.

So my thanks go out to the following

The crew of the Dreadnought.
"It cant be done", "People don't care about sailing down here", "The Dreadnought is not profitable".
I has been done. It took months of effort. I set up an entire system of ranks that I hope will live on, but the Dreadnought has a crew. A well oiled machine that is capable of the craziest plunder and bloodshed ever seen on the Trackless Sea.

Now, this would have been impossible were it not for the support of:
Nissa and her IC household.
Always ready to help out the Dread with supplies and taking the burden of meetings upon themself even thought their initial contact was a bit rough. ;)

Valks and his industrious clan.
A likewise supportive faction that supplied most of the early sailors and helped with materials for the ship and crew.

And last but not least, Ner'enthis.
The amount of work he put in is incredible, and he has been the most stable support I've ever had. Recruiting, sailing, organizing.
Without you, we would not have made it this far, my friend.

I'll mention some crew without namedropping too much:
The main vanguard,
The best Ranger,
The reliable "kitten hoarder",
The Mechanic,
The golden-eyed navigator,
True shot knucklebones,
Distilled beauty in red,
The Incredible Magic warding machine,
Old salt teaching Saul about the ways of the Dread crew.
The greatest bandana wearing goblin of all
The matey that needs a mate or he gets...

If I forgot someone, I apologize.

Sencliff:
Starting out as a washed up Firbolg, angry but knowledgeable, Sencliff took him in and made him grow into a strong and capable Captain. He sailed with several crews and it helped him form his opinion on the ways of the trackless sea and paint a large target on his main mark. The Merchant navy.

The Merchant Navy:
Mariangel and her crew , but mariangel specifically has been a great adversary to have. Honorable, open for discussions and talks. Friendly. And an all out crazy character ;)

Yesterday was Saul's last sail. And he was sent off by his crew with song and drink.
Can't honestly say it was an easy goodbye for me. I'll still be around on arelith, just not in any leadership capacity.
And not on Saul.

Since he is shelved I guess I'll say: "Be seein' ye".

Geldahir

Re: The Sudden Shelving of Saul the Sailor

Post by Geldahir » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:06 pm

I think ill speak in behalf of all "the mateys" when i say thank you big-cap!

i am grateful for you helping me learn the new sailing mechanics. For being my brother! and a friend, depending who ever we were playing during that time. I hope you are going to find someone new to play as, someone that consumes less time but still allows you to enjoy the game and Arelith. I hope bump into my bro Lewtzy soon again!

ps: im going to miss those golden locks of Saul's flowing in the seabreeze

Wolfgangvondi

Post by Wolfgangvondi » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:00 pm

Greetings Captain,

Its sad to see Saul leave. I was by now so accustomed to associate captain Saul whit the Dread, that is rather strange to think of the dread now whit out Saul.
Nissa actually "meet" Saul even before he "toke care" of the dread whit Pad. And like you said, it was not in the best terms when they meet, but... After your "*is slaped*" I knew it was a clear sign that it would be a great char to rp whit.
Thank you for open the door and let Nissa be part of it all.

And yes it was at my eyes a great deed to do all that Saul and the ones more involved, Ner, Drik, the goblin i keep forgeting the name (Glubbs?), Vim and others have done, bringing the dread back.

I realy hope that is possible to keep some of all that was achieved. Keeping the dread sailing, and keeping a crew that welcomes everyone of the UD and the cliff, leaving all differences at the pier.

Well played. Kudos "Captain Saul".

Rei_Jin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Rei_Jin » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:43 am

After the departure of Nat and the dissolution of the Roses of Misfortune, I thought I was done with Arelith.

But, Lewtzy was patient and enticed me to come back for a new opportunity; trying to make a go of the Dreadnought.

Because of that, I rolled up Ner'enthis, and have had a great time over the last 3 or so months.

It's sad to see you go, because more than just being another character on this massive server, you've been a friend and companion.

We made it work, and no-one can take that from us.

It's one more pull boys, that'll do boys
Soon we'll draw alongside
Hoist her upward, swing her inboard
For the journey now is done

HeyLadyOfDecay
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by HeyLadyOfDecay » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:53 am

The Captain Lyann never had time to join but always held close to her heart, I'll miss yelling "Ahoy" to the big giant. <3
Lyann Reyer. Back by demand.
(Mass grave of other characters)

McKnighter

Post by McKnighter » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:34 pm

Saul has always been a fantastic pirate character that I've had the pleasure to interact with and see on more than a few characters. Sad to see him go, but what a hell of a ride it must have been.

Catch you on the next tide.

Nightius

Post by Nightius » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:35 am

not the best of starts with the Dread sinking the first few times (being a pile of junk ;) ), but it fast became the most enjoyerable time i had and hopefully still have in the UD, the Crew that you got togther made it soon.
Thank you so Mutch Saul
Relonor Renor'Orbben "Ranger"
Celdorian - went back to the Sea