Farewell, Myrdinn!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

hee ho enthusiast

Farewell, Myrdinn!

Post by hee ho enthusiast » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:43 am

Easily having been my favorite character I've ever played in any RPG, Myrdinn was firstly a character named Malvect I drummed up in middle-school, when I was in a phase of being totally elf-obsessed, day-dreaming every time I would climb a tree and spend an hour swinging a leg off it that I was a wood-elf myself. Malvect came when I started running around less and writing more, although back then he was a bard-archer and a lot more edgy.

But when it came time to translate him to Neverwinter, I went in a drastically different direction. Through this new and improved Malvect, renamed Myrdinn, I was able to have the most fulfilling, enjoyable RP ever. Sure, maybe it was because I'm a not-so-secret Tolkien fanboy who gushes over long descriptions of hills and trees and meadows and things, and being given an excuse to make a character who's equally all about that was always destined to be something special, but I owe it mostly to a handful of people.

They of Summer, the group of woodland-folk that made it all possible, are as follows:
Faelan
Laisrian
Farran
Velnikym
Ixchel
Arathiel

The Greenseers in the Heartwood Grove especially were an absolute blast to RP with, I was never bothered by a single interaction had. I regret most of all not being able to share around a million more stories with the druid gang. Shoutout Saorlaith and co. !!

And where would I ever be without Myon! The players in Myon have always welcomed every one of my new characters and made each of their concepts feel encouraged and welcomed, and their own characters I felt were like continuous sources of inspiration for what I was doing and will be doing in the future.

And Id hate to forget you! You know who you are, I can see you thinking, "Wait, what about my character?". I didnt forget! Im looking right at you like: o__o

Lastly, this is the playlist I made that helped me flesh out Myrdinn's concepts in my notes: https://open.spotify.com/track/26ky3sBM ... 3f97ce4cf8

"My heart is the strongest piece of me!"
Last edited by hee ho enthusiast on Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

3-2-1, Lets jam

Hazard

Re: Farewell, Myrdinn!

Post by Hazard » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:46 am

I really enjoyed this character. The fact that he would go to the trouble of baking a new cupcake for Mala, after hers was stolen by filthy underdark raiders, was just really sweet and amusing.

Seeya old man.

hi chat

Post by hi chat » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:52 am

One of the best Paladins on the server, o7 to a real one

solar separation
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Location: Space Station 3 (Have you seen Carmen Miranda's ghost?)

Post by solar separation » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:54 am

i won't forget him

that sword is gonna stay with me until i die

Malloney

Post by Malloney » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:16 am

Big Salute to the Summer Boys and Myrdinn!