The Hollowest Melody rings sweetest.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Vylarah

The Hollowest Melody rings sweetest.

Post by Vylarah » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:56 am

Alas, due to a snap decision, and some abrupt RP, Melody Hollow, the Tyrran Shadowdancing Aasimar Dread Pirate, is dead.

From her initial concept of a shy, mild-mannered girl, to her bombastic end, as a Polite, but ruthless Dread Pirate, her life ever took her down the path of the unexpected, especially for one of her blood.

There are too many people for me to remember who have touched upon Melody's life, for weal or woe, as my poor notes in game kept getting wiped on me, every time I tried to keep them, so it was all IC, but I am sure you all know who you are, or were, in this case.

I will probably take a break for a while, as I come to terms with what I have done, before deciding on whatever my new character concept will be. Melody will be succeeded by a character born of a Major reward, some day.

But until then, farewell, for now, and may your RP be fruitful.
Vylarah
Current Character: Artemis Baatori
Current Alt: ???

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: The Hollowest Melody rings sweetest.

Post by Morgy » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:39 am

Thanks for the journey! A very controversial and quickly infamous character.

Whether you knew it or not, she had a lot of impact on the minds and acts of those who were around her in the end.

I wish you well in your next creation, and I hope you continue to generate such interest!!

Disaster Lesbian

Post by Disaster Lesbian » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:27 am

I never got as much RP as I wanted with Melody. Conflicting times, poorly aligned schedules and just- life happening, keeping us perpetually missing one another, but- from the brief interactions had, I enjoyed the relationship she and Sariah had. Shadows found in- a place that they should never have been, but instead of weeping- did something about it.

I could go into a variety of cool memories, moments- the few intimate moments they shared, between themselves or over a person they cared about. But- some parts of that story is yet to meet its end just yet.

Moon and Angel, members of the same pack. Mel'll be missed.

Player Of:
Veisha Calan - Active;
Vanna Orthae-Orseeva - Rolled; Has become a Human Shade
Liliana Elossa -Rolled; Fighting Fiends in Avernus
Szol Shadowclaw - Rolled; Gone to rend kneecaps
Sariah N'landroshien -Rolled; Has become one with the Hag

In Sorrow We Trust
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:55 am

Vylarah wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:56 am
Alas, due to a snap decision, and some abrupt RP, Melody Hollow, the Tyrran Shadowdancing Aasimar Dread Pirate, is dead.

From her initial concept of a shy, mild-mannered girl, to her bombastic end, as a Polite, but ruthless Dread Pirate, her life ever took her down the path of the unexpected, especially for one of her blood.

There are too many people for me to remember who have touched upon Melody's life, for weal or woe, as my poor notes in game kept getting wiped on me, every time I tried to keep them, so it was all IC, but I am sure you all know who you are, or were, in this case.

I will probably take a break for a while, as I come to terms with what I have done, before deciding on whatever my new character concept will be. Melody will be succeeded by a character born of a Major reward, some day.

But until then, farewell, for now, and may your RP be fruitful.
Vylarah
ruthless indeed.

perseid

Post by perseid » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:50 am

John didn't get to get super close with Melody but I really enjoyed watching the character progress from outside the arcs! I thought she was compelling to interact with and I enjoyed their times together a lot.

HeyLadyOfDecay
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by HeyLadyOfDecay » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:42 am

Lyann broke into Melody's home and took an item for her ever growing collection.

In other words: She was proud, She adored and she'll never forget.
Lyann Reyer. Back by demand.
(Mass grave of other characters)

Vespidae

Post by Vespidae » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:16 am

Ah, I take a break from game and all the cool characters retire! Melody was great fun to roleplay with, see you next toon!