Lake Benwick

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Lake Benwick

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:21 am

While having no knowledge or details of the event that took place to affect the area, I can safely say that standing on the shores of Lake Benwick filled me with a bitter-sweet peace.

This location of Areliths History that has been marked by so many RP plotlines and player memories. However, I am thankful to see the location find an ending after so many years. Its final resting place is now a beautiful area to gaze upon.

To those in the staff and player base involved in this great change to Arelith's lore, I say thank you as both a player and IG Historian. I look forward to learning the details of what took place in the PC writings to come.
Last edited by Edens_Fall on Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

solar separation
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Location: Space Station 3 (Have you seen Carmen Miranda's ghost?)

Re: Lake Benwick

Post by solar separation » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:55 am

i believe there have been unforeseen consequences

riffraff

Post by riffraff » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:08 am

As someone who, whilst patrolling the wilderness, just stumbled across a bunch of druids gathering and decided to stay hidden and watch what the heck they were up to, it was pretty awesome. When everyone else showed up to investigate the disturbance and I continued to follow, still hidden, and all Hell broke loose (literally!) My character's first combat with devils and she's not too keen to do it again.

Gotta say the confusion of watching the ritual build up and then the aftermath of the lake were my favourite parts. I've only been to the Benwick map a couple of times previously while exploring (and hightailing it out of there) but knowing some of the history as an outsider, it still was impressive seeing the ruins the way they are now. Serene, but also eerie.

Also additional kudos to the DM (MoonMoon iirc?) for sending me a tell before the server reset the first time. I was watching in equal parts fascination and confusion and may well have wandered off to bed otherwise. :lol:
cold chuckle

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:34 pm

Definitely a bittersweet ending. Even as a player that never experienced Benwick/Light Keep when it was a hub having gone through it multiple times and seeing the history of it was one of the highlights of the server. It helped push the idea in my mind that you can definitely leave a lasting impact on the server with your decisions.

I admit I don't know if I'm satisfied with the ending for Benwick and the keep, but it feels like the most logic ending, at least.

Peachoo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Peachoo » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:45 pm

I wasn't involved either, but I can't wait to investigate what happened IC!

The area is BEAUTIFUL now. I absolutely love the tileset that was used for the new area and I love that the 'ruins' are still visible across the lake.

Edensfall pretty much said the same thing I came here to say. Thank as a player and an ig historian, this opens up so many new avenues of rp to investigate and interview.

There's nothing more fun than actually getting to do real time historical recording on your historian character on an event that you know will go down in Arelith history and be remembered. It warms my nerd heart and brain.

Kudos to the dev team for the areas, kudos to the dm team for the event!

Oxtail_Soup
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Oxtail_Soup » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:42 pm

I'm looking forward to my current character getting levelled up enough to get there for a look. Will be strange to see what LK looks like now, and enjoy some nostalgia from the good times with Lexi, Erik and Dionne :D

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:31 pm

Only recently did I explore this location and I gotta say, it's very well done. I love the ambiguous atmosphere of the place.

Myles Magnus
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Myles Magnus » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:01 pm

Considering I was involved in some of the more recent plot involving Benwick before I took an extended break I'm very interested to see exactly what you're talking about!
"It ain't easy being green." -Gur'Durak