Greatest Roleplay I've ever seen, and its all your fault...

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Autumn Wind

Greatest Roleplay I've ever seen, and its all your fault...

Post by Autumn Wind » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:07 pm

I have been a part of the NWNs community in some shape or form since the day the game released. Off and on over the last twenty plus years I have been a part of some absolutely memorable moments. But last Sunday Arelith allowed me to be at the single largest and best cooperative roleplay I have ever seen.

Thomas and Thekla's wedding was absolutely fantastic as a multi-player event. And I want to blame not only every single person who was there, but I actually want to blame some of the people who chose not to be there too for making this a success. All it would have taken would have been two or even three people to absolutely ruin that event. But without any instruction from anyone, everyone cooperated to make that event work out to a successful end. I have not done a headcount, but I know there were at least 60 people in the room for the ceremony.

Sixty people! Sixty plus some others and not a single bad apple in the whole bunch! I want to give you all my highest kudos. You are a wonderful community because you willingly chose to make this happen. But I also want to thank a lot of the people who deliberately chose not to be there. Sixty+ people is a heck of a target for hostile factions on this server. A very tempting opportunity to steal the spotlight and get everyone to pay attention to a little handful of interrupters. I have no doubt some of you were very tempted. But you didn't do it. You didn't interrupt the fun of a large group of people for your own fun. That is great cooperative roleplay too! Thank you to everyone who could have stopped this, but made a deliberate choice not to interfere. Kudos to all of you!

A thank you also goes out to those who made big contributions both in terms of planning, and invitations (wow the graphic on that invitation! ), as well as set up. It took a lot of work for what we all saw happen last Sunday. And those people who did the work I also say Kudos!

Kudos to the DM team as well, who reset the server two hours ahead of time so we would not have any lingering data leaks eating up precious processing for so many people in one place. We were a little laggy it's true, but the Beamdog guys know their stuff because the old NWNs could never have done what we just did.

Thank you Arelith community, this was the greatest roleplay cooperation I have ever seen done, and I want everyone to know its all of your faults!

Kudos to all of you!

D4wN

Re: Greatest Roleplay I've ever seen, and its all your fault...

Post by D4wN » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:02 am

I have to echo the OP. This day was absolutely incredible. I cannot begin to describe the effort put in especially by Thekla's player who had been running around non-stop for about 2-3 RL weeks I believe to make this happen. We, and especially Thekla, did everything we could to draw in as many people into both the prep and the wedding itself to make it as inclusive as possible. Poor Thekla and her bad luck on cooks as well! But she never gave up. The Guards / security was also incredible and I am proud that our wedding included the classic hood checkpoint Cordor has become so well known for. Special kudos also to Ginny's player for helping with the officiation, planning and telling Thomas what to do or where to stand. Thank you to the bridesmaids and groomsmen. To the Best Man. Thank you for the incredibly enjoyable Stag's party. Thank you to any DMs as well. I didn't realise the server was reset beforehand as I was still very much sound asleep at that time. And finally, thank you to everyone who attended. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

I have recorded the entire event and it will go down in Arelith history as one of my most memorable moments.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Morto

Re: Greatest Roleplay I've ever seen, and its all your fault...

Post by Morto » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:04 am

THANK YOU FOR THE KUDOS!

Planning this event was a big endevour! And I'm taken aback by how many people showed up!

Those 'rings' also pain in the bum.. but I wanted to do something interesting... only get RP married once! Right? :?

And YES thanks DM team for the reset Ahead of the event! The server was CHUGGING once walking down the Isle was happening with all the people and the candles. Cordor never gets that sort of lag. But we made it!

BIG THANKS to all the In game / in character help that everyone gave, cooking/decorations/materials! And all the fun RP!

[Redacted]