Ecclesiastic

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Ceyella

Ecclesiastic

Post by Ceyella » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:22 am

I have been an assassin on arelith for 2-3 years now. In that time I can count only three people ever actually RPing with me after I interact with them as an assassin, for an assassin bounty. 95% of people run off and log out for 30 days, then the contract expires and it drops then they reappear. That or they login fully warded in safe zones with 5 body guards and refuse to do anything to interact with your schemes.

However Ecclesiastic actually gave me a chance to interact with them, gave me a chance to attack them, and gave me a chance to do more RP with them. They are the singular person in all my years who I’ve interacted with as an assassin to target relationship that was a good sport about it and not treating it like a minor inconvenience to ignore or log out of.

Jaytega

Re: Ecclesiastic

Post by Jaytega » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:15 pm

Thats awesome to hear. Assassination is one of the coolest features, I dont know why someone would be so weird about it. Its not a mark of death, its a mark of honor!

;)

LivelyParticle
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by LivelyParticle » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:28 pm

I know this is a kudos thread but...
I have been an assassin on arelith for 2-3 years now. In that time I can count only three people ever actually RPing with me
This makes me really sad. I get that PvP can be stressful, but it's an RP server, people. Don't game the system and actually interact with it. It's way more fun that way.

Kudos to Ecclesiastic, I hope I get to meet them sometime myself.

Ceyella

Post by Ceyella » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:35 pm

It used to be you RP with them than randomly 24 hours later can just up and murder them with no warning. Now you have to warn people. I think removing the 24 hour rule was a attempt at fixing it, but now it seems worse than before. Also the price of issuing a bounty went up which makes it WAY rarer for someone to actually get on the board.

You generally see 2-4 names, with 2 names being dead ends that don’t login. And 2 being new I.e. added that week, those either vanish without a trace and become a dead end, or get killed immediately before they can. It’s very rare to have a deep RP with people.

Recently I’ve started walking out and chatting with people who show up to issue a bounty, and I’ve done interviews with people on targets, theirs a lot of RP you can do to support a job, then it all goes to shit because they stop logging in. So lately I’ve seen a name show up and die within 24 hours as people speedrun killing then before they lose the chance.

This is why I think adding the rule back but then making it the only condition for attack would help. Because instead of warning -> get stabbed from stealth mining coal 15 hours later. You just have a guy say hi, you die now and kill you mining coal. The interactions been lessened. It’s now generalized PvP you probaly don’t even realize you got assassinated.

I liked the old system because I felt a good differential between RPing with someone and threatening them then a seperate time is when we did the PvP.