Huge shoutout to Spyre

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs
perseid

Re: Huge shoutout to Spyre

Post by perseid » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:25 am

I just wanted to add to the pile of thanks being issued to Spyre. In the time Spyre has been a presence on this server I've had a character who was alive for 1.5 irl years along with a string of alts, took a hiatus of around 2 years, and came back to have another character who is of similar age to my first main after another series of alts. While I haven't had many interactions with Spyre (to my knowledge) it's hard to understate the impact of someone working behind the scenes for such a long period of time and I can only agree with Irongron that while the server will move forward it's less for Spyre's absence now. Thankyou Spyre for all of the time and energy you invested in this place and its community. I hope you find everything you're after from the life you're focusing more of your time on now.

Peachoo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Peachoo » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:37 pm

Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put in Spyre! Best of luck!

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:24 am

Thank you for the years of effort. It's no simple thing to run any organisation, and volunteer ones can be the hardest with the strain they pile atop everything else. Playing on this server has been my favourite hobby for years, it's been with me through some trying times. The server's been here in some capacity or another through my high school years, was waiting when I failed university subjects (and when I eventually passed them!), global pandemics and is still waiting like a family dog for me when I got back from months at sea. I exchange Christmas packages with people I met on this server. I've learned so much, from so many people, in so many different corners of the world. There's a lot of friends I talk to, to this day, because I met them here.

It wouldn't have been possible without all those hours of work by yourself and all those who have contributed over the decades. I know it's just a silly little online hobby, but gratitude doesn't quite do the feeling justice.

Best of luck in whatever you find in life next.