To the Disaster formerly known as Kiira

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Mike_mohawk

To the Disaster formerly known as Kiira

Post by Mike_mohawk » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:13 pm

Thank you for bringing some nice nuances, hijinks, and feelings into the drow population and culture of Andunor.

I know we didn't get to play much, but Zilka and Kiira having a cordial yet always cautious working relationship was fun and the scenes we did have was a good reflection of the amazing skills you have as a writer, person and roleplayer.

Thank you, and I hope we will see eachother elsewhere in game.

Cerce

Re: To the Disaster formerly known as Kiira

Post by Cerce » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:39 pm

I hope it was never too much, but I did enjoy bringing in some casual irreverence and gremliny hijinks to otherwise very dark plots and times. I'm sure we'll bump into again eventually!

Zilka was always just on the periphery of Kiira. The few times we've come to conflict, and work, with each other have been memorable, though I don't know how specific I can be with meta and such. It was always enjoyable, and you were always a good sport about things.

Previous characters of note: Cerce Tentones, Kithara Dreamcrusher, Redrilkiira "Kiira" Despana, Elkaun'al Tesmur'na, Odeta Sorovska, "Rimmy"

MintoCloudpaw

Post by MintoCloudpaw » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:16 pm

<3

My favourite drow.

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:17 am

I cried. There, I said it. :(

Cerce

Post by Cerce » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:44 am

Some of my favorite little quips, either witnessed or made by Kiira, for you lot:

Previous characters of note: Cerce Tentones, Kithara Dreamcrusher, Redrilkiira "Kiira" Despana, Elkaun'al Tesmur'na, Odeta Sorovska, "Rimmy"

Cerce

Post by Cerce » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:29 am

dominantdrowess wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:17 am
I cried. There, I said it. :(
It's OK <3

Genuinely speaking, the amount of people who have reached out privately both to check and see if I was doing okay after rolling, and to tell me how much Kiira / her death impacted them or their characters has been... Astounding isn't quite the right word, maybe humbling is better. I'm very grateful to you and everyone else who gave me the space and time to end her properly, as well as the lengths that you and others went to in game to get the information needed to really confront her.

I've wondered a lot what I could've done. Have Kiira go 'Nahhh, I'll sit this one out', or not try and embed herself in another powerful group. But she died doing what she always did. Her Calling - both to aid and to hinder. I think if she would've taken the steps that would've averted her death, it wouldn't have been "her" steps that she took. She was never big on self preservation when someone else was on the line, and the more unbelievable the circumstance of a plot, the more likely she'd go for it.

I cried too. A lot. Kiira helped me get through some tough times, work out my own thoughts on things. And now it's over. The next character might be similar, or completely different, but it'll never be the same. And I guess that's kind of the point. Like she said:
"Kiira": [Talk] [Xanalress]: ... You are all loved. Take joy in the little things for me. Know that there is always a tomorrow, and that what you do today will never condemn you, in my eyes or any other. That there will always be open arms, and a warm smile, in the event you should ever embrace them.