Alaunthrae Zau'rahel's Kudos Thread

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

AdreannaDrea

Alaunthrae Zau'rahel's Kudos Thread

Post by AdreannaDrea » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:45 pm

I've postponed writing this for the past week, because I knew I would forget people, and I've ben trying desperately to remember everyone I needed to thank from my six months of playing Alaunthrae.

I started Alaunthrae on the 15th August, with the intention of trying something completely new on Arelith - as most of you know, I started here around 15 years ago, and in that time, never played an Underdarker, nor a faction leader. I didn't actually ever intend Alaunthrae to be a Matron, she was meant to join a house, work her way up, and maybe have a coup attempt at some point - but when she was mistakenly referred to as Matron by several characters in the hub on my first few weeks, I had a 'why not' moment, and decided to take it seriously. I've always kind of been a second-in-command type player, much more comfortable with being the supporting role - so it was a huge task to learn how to run a faction! I'm not going to lie; it's tough. It's really tough, and kudos to people who make it look entirely effortless. It can be heart-breaking to see your people get bored, quit, or migrate away, and you always wonder what you did wrong as a faction leader - but I've learned a lot of valuable lessons that (I hope) has made my roleplay even stronger as a result.

For a kudos - honestly, I've been trying to write down literally everyone that has been in my faction or around it, and it's a ridiculous list. For everyone in the Underdark has in some way impacted my character - from the early faction days of trying to stay afloat as a Lolthite, to the end days of kind of being on top and trying to maintain it (terribly) - if I miss your name, know that it's not intentional, you are~ loved, and if we interacted in any way, you made an impact. Know that my heart bursts with pride and love, for all of you. Thank you, so much, for allowing me to create with you one of the best experiences of my Arelith life so far.

Khaldar
Drakyrr
Laele
Shae'ralia
Aaunrae
Il'i'ana
Jhaldrym
Orici
Izz'ral
Shyrnissra
Tarrick
Sol'erel
Kol'rath
Syn'dra
Naeria
Galkiir
Belgos
Savaun
Astaroth
Elendar
Tathnolu
Sathrion
Myrothi
Aust
Ahlysaaria
Revii
Chaverin
Nadal
Myrymma
Ryldreth
Der'thiel
Aundriira
Erelaedril
Eylrina
Malric
Jane
Aramir
Haakon
Pluck
Salarias
Aewen
Alita
Darvock
Odessa
Eylia
Choltu
Bell
Grayfia
Vyrina
Veszran
Kinnison
Azariah
Octavian
Fealthas
Cruz
John Salamander
Renaut
Lorenzo
Richarde
Francesca
Faeris
Sariah
Lyann
Lydia
Fiica
Irae
Johnathan Holtz
Ezykial Blake
Drik
Ner'enthis
Nym'ala
Hongsul
Vahl
Kaldalis
Ilzatar
Narissorin
Varis
Xeliya
Myr'im

Dark Kisses
-Alaunthrae

look...

Currently Playing:
Kethra Stormwind

Previous:
Nadara el Khalyd (Belford)
Alaunthrae Zau'rahel
Kerenza Massalan
Jenna Gaskell
Nathyria Angevin
Kalina 'Storm' Star

HeyLadyOfDecay
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Alaunthrae Zau'rahel's Kudos Thread

Post by HeyLadyOfDecay » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:34 pm

Now Lyann has no longer her own personal drow shop :(

I loved the character, also the player who started a house that was very open and due that gave a lot of freedom to other players their rp.

Well done Dread Matron.

Lyann Reyer. Back by demand.
(Mass grave of other characters)

Dragonblaze

Post by Dragonblaze » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:48 pm

We were shocked when we heard the news of your leaving, then we have confirmation with this post... Aww.... what a pity that we won't see Alaunthrae anymore, it was adorable playing with you. For sure this is a great loss for whole UD! Please let us know where will you go now to enrich with your outstanding plays <3

... Once was:
Halisstra Mizzrym
Yala
Elise Blackrose

actually playing ...
Syndra Ana'Elenath

perseid

Post by perseid » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:32 pm

I absolutely loved watching Alaunthrae's progress in the Underdark and if she really was your first UD character I can't give enough praise for the sheer ride that was watching Alaunthrae from afar for Johnathan. I wish they'd had more chances to interact because it's hard to articulate the impact she had on him by way of degrees even up to the end. I'm sure given their sporadic meetings he was a bit too mysterious to really get a strong sense of his motivations but I can't say enough good things about the ways observing her influenced him at times. What's more, the way you slogged through the tedium that is trying to recruit and maintain a lively roster was phenomenal imo. Not only did you trudge through some of the most trying parts of creating/repairing a faction but every interaction with the House presented a variety of personalities that all seemed to add their own spice to the general chemistry of the Zau'rahel from what I saw. 110% great job.

SilverSnake
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SilverSnake » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:40 pm

Great work! Especially if that was your introduction to UD.

Royal Blood

Post by Royal Blood » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:04 pm

Alaunthrae was super great to watch evolve and experience. Zau'rahel was like the focus of soo much RP. Both public actions and secret meetings. It continues to be impactful!

Truly an interesting house. I loved the politics and danger.

I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:27 pm

I only got to RP once with Alaunthrae, and am bummed I won't have that opportunity again.

Good luck on your next PC!

Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

hi chat

Post by hi chat » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:01 pm

One of the most engaging drow houses I've had the privilege to interact with - they'll all be missed dearly

Goldeen

Post by Goldeen » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:01 am

From an OOC perspective it is very refreshing to see such a welcoming group for experienced and new players alike.

Usually you have 30s in a faction with a few lower levels so the pass of is either high tier gear or money, but your faction had people at different levels in which they could play together. You and your faction members helped new players make friends and I honestly believe that is the best thing for this server overall.

Keep being awesome!

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:32 am

Her being gone really harshes my mellow... And my dealer is gone :(

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:23 am

You're a wonderful person and lovely RPer. Even though we didn't interact much directly, you and your house had a big impact on Thomas. So you reached people even when you don't know it! Well done running a big faction like that too. I know from experience it is incredibly difficult, can feel very unrewarding and punishing at times. No doubt it was a good experience though.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Whosdis

Post by Whosdis » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:29 am

Alaunthrae was a very interactive character- very welcoming in the Drow way, very inclusive to other characters: With the manipulative Drow caveats. I'll actually be pretty upset she won't be a presence in Andunor any longer.

Definitely a big boon to the underdark experience. Thank you!

Morto

Post by Morto » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:52 pm

Kudos for Alaunthrae - but more so for AdreannaDrea. She's a wonderful and respectful RP'er, especially filling a villainous role.

I regret only having a brief stint of interaction with her.

[Redacted]

Watchful Glare

Post by Watchful Glare » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:48 pm

Where to begin with this one.

Alaunthrae's roleplay and I think all of House Zau'rahel's combined (including former members, now in other houses) was the kind of RP I had always longed to see in the UD. Very nuanced interactions that make the most out of details, operating under drow societal norms and culture, antagonism through social means and espionage, highlighting the intrinsically evil creatures drow are, themes of desire and want that did not devolve into anything gross, the idea of love being something undesirable in drow society for the inconvenience it is, manipulation and no shortage of violence having it be used to enhance particular aspects of a story rather than letting it devolve into PvP at the first inconvenience. Satisfying fights between player characters.

All done through exquisite writing, that simple made every scene I was in with Alaunthrae thoroughly enjoyable. I don't think I have met a single person in that House at it's prime that I didn't regret I didn't have the opportunity to have one of my characters interact more with them, or see more of what they had to offer. All of them seemed like excellent writers.

Saying "cool character, looking forward to the next" feels like selling it short. Not just for you and Alaunthrae but everyone that ever became involved with this House.

It was an excellent experience to have.

Biz here was a constant subliminal hum, and death the accepted punishment for laziness, carelessness, lack of grace, the failure to heed the demands of an intricate protocol.

QueenOfCookies

Post by QueenOfCookies » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:05 am

I have run into you on several characters and it was always a pleasure. Both on Aunrae Duskryn and Catherine. I hope the next story you make is just as fantastic.