Amadeo Pneuma

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

ImWithThisGuy

Amadeo Pneuma

Post by ImWithThisGuy » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:28 pm

It's been a few years now, and I haven't seen this old monk online a single time. He may be gone, but he is not forgotten; At over a hundred years old, it would be no surprise if he'd finally taken his final rest. And if that's the case; May he rest in the peace he fought for. Whether live or dead, I can't let this character disappear without some thanks and kudos.

Monks are one of the hardest classes to roleplay, so much so that they require a great deal of personal wisdom out of character. The class has also long remained among the strongest available, which drew a large crowd. As such, few have managed to play a monk with such depth or clarity, but Amadeo personified both. Everything he said carried a deep wisdom, and non-existent charisma. He would depart conversations on the drop of a dime, but in the time he was speaking, he always tried to leave those remaining with something to think about.

Thank you for playing an awesome character, and wherever you've gone, don't forget to enjoy your pancakes!

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Amadeo Pneuma

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:39 pm

Lights a candle and raises it high
I really miss this guy...

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:28 pm

Izaich is an honest pillar of the community and tremendous roleplayer. Amadeo has been around since what 2009? Maybe even earlier. I wonder what he had in his inventory haha. Love you, bud. I had a lot of fun with you when Amadeo was created as Ethan Dawn and again as Ivo. I'm sure he'll be back.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:34 pm

Ork wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:28 pm

Amadeo has been around since what 2009? Maybe even earlier.

Amadeo trained my first character on Arelith.

In 2007.

Old man.

The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:02 pm

It's admittedly crazy how large of an impact his character has had but hardly much exists to honor his efforts IC/IG unless you know why certain stuff exists. A great monk.

I haven't seen Amadeo for about 2 years? Ever since he owned the Sibayad open guildhouse.

Tashalar

Post by Tashalar » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:53 pm

Man... I remember the old days (for me) when Amelia was getting to know Amadeo, and left always wanting to know a bit more.

#2: Archmage Swift's Spellduel Rules
#3: "But I'm An Abjurer, I Can't Conjure!"
#4: This Spellbook Is Fire
#5: Think For Once, Archmage Amana
#6: Cor, What A Stunner
#8: Sigermane Special
#9: What Is This, Cordor In The Fifties?

Royal Blood

Post by Royal Blood » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:50 pm

Amadeo shot my hostage with a teleportation bolt in the middle of negations leaving both sides shocked when we heard the crossbow, saw the hostage disappear then found them no longer there, reappearing next to Amadeo!

I think he apologized for even using a weapon right afterwards then took off.

He was a neat character! Kinda like an Arelith batman or something.

I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:32 pm

Royal Blood wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:50 pm

He'd probably be tickled and agree. Back in the day he'd wear a robe and when he was going to do battle he'd throw it off into a cape and wear what we all remember amadeo wearing.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:48 pm

Royal Blood wrote:

He had a yellow and blue Wolverine outfit when we were back at the original Soulhaven.

The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:20 am

There is still a painting, in this glorious monk's honor, in the Xun'viir gallery. FOIG; but ... his impact on Arelith will never, ever be forgotten.

Sundial

Post by Sundial » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:42 pm

My old rival. Always cunning, dangerous, and compelling. A shining example of a player "writing the book" on how to play a class true to both the setting and one's imagination.

Ekrid Aulanther
Tashtego
Isak Kerringar
Huemacoatl

A Mystery Clock

Post by A Mystery Clock » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:26 pm

God, I miss Amadeo. The times Quillian has thought "if only he were here, things would be alright" is staggering.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:09 pm

I think Amadeo's greatest strength is that he wouldn't forget about you. It made you always want to seek him out, because he always was doing something, and there was always a good chance you could be a part of that something.

Overall, really great expression of humility.

But also a real knack for mechanics - he'd dive into conflict, but he always tried to do things in interesting ways. You'd always be surprised.

One of Arelith's few real legendary characters, if you ask me.

Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Xantor_Stromgate
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Xantor_Stromgate » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:20 pm

ImWithThisGuy wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:28 pm

It's been a few years now, and I haven't seen this old monk online a single time. He may be gone, but he is not forgotten ...

I remember this character as well. Like from over a decade ago. This, my friends, is the epitome of inspiration.

It's all peaches 'n' cake!

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:51 pm

Ork wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:28 pm

Izaich is an honest pillar of the community and tremendous roleplayer.

I can't echo this enough. He is awesome and I've had the privilege of playing with several of his characters and each one is immensely enjoyable. I've learned so much from this guy and continue to do so just by watching and remembering the many great examples he's set.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Wolfgangvondi

Post by Wolfgangvondi » Wed May 24, 2023 11:18 am

Haven't see the Char for years and years. Still, not forgotten.

Its one of the great chars that I had the good luck to interact whit when I was still new to the server and that really left me a great solid impression that last's till now.
Kudos to the player.

Pavlovian Penguin

Post by Pavlovian Penguin » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:45 pm

Royal Blood wrote:

Amadeo shot my hostage with a teleportation bolt in the middle of negations leaving both sides shocked when we heard the crossbow, saw the hostage disappear then found them no longer there, reappearing next to Amadeo!

I think he apologized for even using a weapon right afterwards then took off.

Was your hostage Elaine Cepheus? If it was, it's my favorite scene I've ever had on Arelith and I can't remember any other game or scene giving me such a giant adrenaline rush.

I distinctly remember he sent me a tell with something along the lines of "YOU READY?" and then immediately shoot my character with a teleportation bolt. I had no idea what was going to happen and just had to go with it.

But more on topic, I think I've seen him a few times since I rolled that character, but sadly none of them have been nearly as involved with him as Elaine for FOIG reasons. I miss the wise old monk and the player's stellar writing and RP. I think at some point he played other alts and if he was who I think he was, they were just as poignant and wonderful as Amadeo.

.... And IIRC as Amadeo he also spoke in Celestial with Ye Olde English grammar and as a ESL speaker I could never understand what he was saying.

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:49 am

Amadeo Pneuma has offered guidance to 3 generations of the same family.

To Tamuril, my first surface character.
To Rhianna, my RDD, daughter of the previous.
And then to Arion, the illegitimate Elraiendel, the daughter of the above, once again.

And you bet every one of them appreciated it.

Current character wishes she could meet him. And fears she never will.