Shoutout to Twohand's area work

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Party in the forest at midnight

Shoutout to Twohand's area work

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:30 am

All of your new areas are really cool, I highly recommend people check them out.

Also a huge shoutout to both you and Action Replay for the new boats, they are fantastic.

Crookedblossom
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Shoutout to Twohand's area work

Post by Crookedblossom » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:53 am

I second this!

I especially want to give a huge 'THANK YOU!' to Twohand for the work he has done with the Heartwood Grove. He mentioned he wasn't taking away, only adding - and I have to say that the additions thus far are well-loved and well-needed! The areas are beautiful, both inside and outside the cavern. The new area (I won't spoil it) toward the back is equally cool.

They've added fluctuating NPCs that change after resets and this really makes it feel like there are numerous sorts coming and going and conspiring with the other NPCs there, it's just- wow.

The amount of care and attention that went into this, the quality of life changes, small touches here and there and overall newer aesthetic just make the world feel more alive. I can't express enough gratitude for the time he took on this area, but I hope he knows how much it means to the community.

I don't want to post too many screenies, it's really something to come and see yourself. Again, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you!

vaclavc

Post by vaclavc » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:59 am

Awesome additions!
-V-

Retired characters: Thazmudin; Cyrianthir; Zalastrien; Nebuzirah; Qaenuhir; Toruvilen Sivolun; Vaeluzir.

Axle

Post by Axle » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:08 pm

Heartwood's new look is totally stunning. The dynamic NPCs make it feel so alive beyond just PCs in the Grove. There have been times that I've joked that I paid for one quarter and got the whole cavern because 90% of the others were empty and I never saw anyone. It really feels like the heart of the druids now, and it makes sense that so many would flock to the Heartstone. Also the NPC dialogue is just awesome, some of it very helpful actually. It was always a pretty place, but now Heartwood to me is the most beautiful settlement on the server. There are hardly enough words for what an amazing job Twohand did, and they deserve all of the commendations and cookies because the grove is just unbelievable

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragonovith » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:24 pm

Thank you. You're all too kind.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:40 pm

It's not just all that gorgeous (and highly playable) area work; quietly and diligently he has been going server by server curating then fixing dozens, possibly hundreds of small area bugs - stuff that can while frustrating, was not game breaking enough to be fixed earlier. The attention to detail is impressive, to say the least.

On an almost daily basis Twohand is reaching out to me discussing ideas of what he thinks will best serve player interest and enjoyment of the server.

In Twohand we have an area developer whose work I've given up even reviewing before it goes live; it's obviously going to be great.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:54 pm

+1
The new areas are incredible. Arelith has always had the best areas, with plenty of ambient story telling and entirely without unnecessary spaces.

These improved areas have all that and so much more. Gorgeous work, Twohand and all the devs involved. Thank you! ❤️

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:03 pm

I was going to say the exact same thing as Irongorn. Fixing the bug I reported was probably at the bottom of the barrel yet Twohand saw it fixed.

Super appreciate the willingness to fix such bugs.