So Long, Lloyd

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

So Long, Lloyd

Post by Aradin » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:00 am

Hi folks, due to other things in life pulling my interest at the moment I'm shelving Lloyd Grimm and taking a break of indeterminate length from Arelith. I've had a fascinating time telling a grounded story in a fantasy world, from Lloyd's life of crookery to his role as Cordor's minister of trade, and it wouldn't have been possible without some stellar roleplayers.

I've had the pleasure of interacting with heaps of engaging characters but I wanted to give special kudos to Jane Jay, Saelyn Viv'tethir, and Ginny Rivorndir, who were the very few able to get under Lloyd's skin and endear themselves to him. We had some genuinely affecting times. I'm grateful to have been part of your stories.

Hope everyone continues to have fun here on Arelith. What a magical place.

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.

LivelyParticle
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: So Long, Lloyd

Post by LivelyParticle » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:40 am

This week is not a good one for losing people!

I saw the note from Lloyd just an hour or so ago and really, both IC and OOC, I'm saddened! Lloyd was a great character who I didn't really play with too much, but seeing what he did as Trade Minister and having the joy to speak to him a few times was really memorable and I could tell there was a lot of depth to him. I especially loved the personalised letters and advice left after I'd been lucky enough to get a shop in Cordor!

He's left some huge shoes to fill for the next trade minister. All the best and take care!

Watchful Glare

Post by Watchful Glare » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:15 am

Godspeed to that old man, and thank you for being as inclusive as you usually are. His antics were fantastic.

Hope that you get to enjoy yourself as well in whichever else demands your attention and interest at the moment, he and you will be missed!

Biz here was a constant subliminal hum, and death the accepted punishment for laziness, carelessness, lack of grace, the failure to heed the demands of an intricate protocol.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:43 am

Every character you've made has been one to remember. Lloyd is no different. You will leave very big shoes to fill. I wish you all the best IRL!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:46 am

figures I get to interact with you a little bit and then you have to go :(

He'll be missed. Good fortune in your life stuff.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:20 pm

Lloyd was fun! I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to RP more and wish you the best in whatever Real Life has in store for you. Look forward to your return. Cheers!

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:44 pm

The mystery of the sapphire will never truly be solved.

Lloyd was great - wish I'd have gotten to RP with him more. Best of luck to you IRL!

Aeryeris

Post by Aeryeris » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:39 am

I'm really going to miss Lloyd. He was one of my favourites around Cordor.

I hope you'll be back sooner rather than later, Aradin.

Currently playing: Ginny Fairlen

Definately Not A Mimic

Post by Definately Not A Mimic » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:45 pm

To copy the above, the three characters of yours I've been lucky enough to interact with have been fantastic and won't be forgotten. Sadly, for health reasons I never was able to deliver on something promised but the task was still done and possibly someone in future will make use of it. Hopefully all your obligations go well and bring you happiness and I look forward to seeing you again.

MarkRed

Post by MarkRed » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:13 pm

My brief interactions with you on Stink were enough for me to fall inlove with your play style, and I'm sad that I took a hiatus during your "reign" of the Cordor Trade Ministry.

Look forward to seeing Lloyd again, or any other PC you bring to the table!

Table&Chair Brick Wall | RedKnight Quartermaster | World's friendliest Tormite | Average Book Enjoyer Luskan | Stutter Elf Archer | Pie Goddess' #1 Fan | Best Slave Luskan | Deadpanned Luskan |

Communication, the only thing that matters.

omnirikku

Post by omnirikku » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:44 am

I really liked Lloyd. A fun guy to chat with, and enjoy thinking about the world with.

All the best from Eve.

Kohuda

Post by Kohuda » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:30 pm

Having been able to observe Lloyd at a short distance has felt like a privilege. He's had me nearly fall off my chair more than once, and I know that I'll miss having him around.

Deep Fried Thinking Emoji

Post by Deep Fried Thinking Emoji » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:06 am

Lloyd should be the poster boy for the "Lovable Rogue" trope. He was a great character and he will be missed.

Wish you the best!

Soulfulless

Post by Soulfulless » Thu May 04, 2023 10:08 pm

I haven't had a chance to say anything in affect to this yet, but I definitely wanted to!

When I very first met Lloyd in-game I was instantly entranced by the demeanor of his character. Gruff, yet approachable. Like the angry father you never wanted but always needed. The way he acted like he didn't care about you personally, but it was obvious by his actions that he did. Then a quick take back of anything remotely sentimental or caring at all, by smothering it with more talk of serious business and scooting me along my way so he could tend to his various experiments.

And don't straighten his furniture! Haha! Oh I miss him a lot! Hope to see him around again sometime. Or whatever character you might play!

• Player of Zindae

Salasker

Post by Salasker » Thu May 04, 2023 10:46 pm

The best Trade Minister I've ever seen, including myself.

The sheer amount of WORK that people put into this server never ceases to amaze me, as I know too well what a trial writing a simple note can be. Lloyd's efforts were nothing short of amazing, a herculean task that I wouldn't have even dreamed of trying to do, much less accomplish.

On top of that, he was an excellent RPer and I hope he'll return someday for another conversation, as his whole character was an absolute delight.

Real Life before game, but hopefully we'll see you around again. Cheers.