Hmph! Farewell

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Tarsakh Skies

Hmph! Farewell

Post by Tarsakh Skies » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:37 pm

I play Kaedan Palehide, and it's time for him to bid farewell for good (although I got two months to regret this decision, thanks to the award cooldown :P). It's not often that I play a character for as long as I played him, and now I ran out of steam, but during this time, I got to meet and play with a lot of cool people, too many for me to write about. Instead, I'll focus on a few special mentions:

The Merchant Navy: The first faction to adopt my grumpy Aurilian, where he eventually rose from a swabbie to a quartermaster responsible for counting the items in the storage of three different ships every few days. Again, I wish I could mention everyone who made his time in the Navy as amazing as it was, but if I do that, I'm bound to forget someone; there were so many people!

Jotunhold: When Kaedan returned from his first shelving, he managed to befriend the Half-Giants of Jotunhold and joined them. I consider myself extremely lucky for having been a part of yet another awesome faction, one that breathed new life and purpose into a character I thought I had nothing else to explore with. Seriously, go drink mjod with them, you won't regret it.

DM Rainbow: Your Unseelie Fey plot was something else. Personally, it allowed me to explore my character's faith in ways I wouldn't have been able to alone, and it also brought so many different people together for a story that took many months to conclude, with plot twists and everything.

EDIT: The award cooldown was taking too long and the shelving is cancelled.

Last edited by Tarsakh Skies on Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kirisin

Re: Hmph! Farewell

Post by kirisin » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:44 pm

Imor shall miss her brother.
And abdiel shall miss the strange shenanigans
Good luck friend

Out... Out of mine kitchen. Away with thee!

Deep Fried Thinking Emoji

Post by Deep Fried Thinking Emoji » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:02 am

I will never forget how Kaedan and Zemys got to meet each other; murdering someone together.

Godspeed to the pantless man.

Svrtr
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Svrtr » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:16 am

Leaving without a goodbye is incredibly maug... and on brand.

We will pour out a mjod in your honour. Kaedan was always a great addition with his stern taciturn mien, and it will be sad for him to not be about.

Sundial

Post by Sundial » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:54 am

Kaedan was played with a rare kind of humility. In circumstances where the spotlight shone directly on him, I'd watch him consistently defer to other PCs, showing them inclusion and generosity when there might instead be temptation to grab the reins and become the sole authority. Even the character's description was succinct, though he had a great deal to boast of by the end. Endlessly adaptable and receptive to change, Kaedan represented a philosophy in collaborative storytelling that if each of us tried to emulate, we would exist on a much richer server.

Ekrid Aulanther
Tashtego
Isak Kerringar
Huemacoatl

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:36 pm

Kaedan! One of Ayiesha's oldest friends. Good times all around. Farewell Kaedan!

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Vivian

Post by Vivian » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:22 am

It has taken a while, to revive from the shock :lol:

Kudos and thanks to the only one grumpier than my Brinja, the only one allowed to call her "sweetie".
The void he left is taking a huge effort to be filled, but still as player it has been a pleasure to have the chance to have RP with him, Brinja would have not become the same, without him <3

• Brinja

- Jahàdrana Mizzrym

"I don't like dawn, it tastes like anxiety" - cit.