~ Sleep Mode - Turn Off ~

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

~ Sleep Mode - Turn Off ~

Post by Preserver » Tue May 16, 2023 7:18 pm

b33p b00p
Providence met her final end at last. It was a good end.
She was probably the character I roleplayed the longest, and definitely the one that gave me most joy and satisfaction to play. It was also the character that changed the most, starting from a manipulative and cruel Chaotic Evil Warlock and becoming a far better person, through trials and tribulations.

She was also, thanks to the cast of wonderful characters that surrounded her, the one character I do not associate a SINGLE bad or unenjoyable moment of roleplay. Perhaps it is rose tinted glasses, but I cannot remember a single instance in which I regretted an interaction on this character, which is frankly golden for a PC that lasted this long and went through so many controversial changes, reveals, and interactions.

Now I usually do very long and complex kudos threads divided by groups and offering specific thanks to everybody, but the truth is that it would be absurdly hard for Providence because she bounced on so many plots, groups, and individuals, that I frankly cannot remember them all. What follows is a list of beloved characters with a semblance of order, but it is far from complete.

• Ginny Rivorndir - No more words need be spoken, but those that by the end remained unspoken.

• Narr Nolkus - The guidance, the one she aspired to imitate.

• Konstantin Helbrecht - The father she never expected to disappoint.

• Seitera Colds - The sister she never expected to find.

• Izahne Tiller - The sister she never expected to have to murder.

• Holly Holtz - The sister she never thought would want to murder her.

• Estelle Misthollow - The one who helped her rebuild.

• Thomas Castemont - The one who taught her what redemption meant.

• Christian Kallorn - The one who taught her what faith meant.

• Oak Vintergard - The one who taught her what being good meant.

• Valros Rivorndir - The one who taught her what being responsible meant.

• Khara'gos Rivorndir - The one who taught her what having constance meant.

• The Cordorian Guard - Juniper, Lefric, Urshak, Iliquen, Cinders, Fenrik, Griffy, Laus, Luc, Ezra, Adrien - the gang is great!

• Tatyana Markovich - The girlfriend that never was.

• Varfogar Arrelanes - The husband that never was.

• DMs - All of them but, most fondly remembered: Starfish, Avalon Soul, Snowcat.

Thank you all for the wonderful RP, and hope I can see you again on the next PC!

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ~ Sleep Mode - Turn Off ~

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Tue May 16, 2023 7:29 pm

providence will be sorely, severely missed... but I'm glad I could be here for the beginning, the middle, and the end.

looking forward to help you brainstorm your next character <3

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Morgy » Tue May 16, 2023 7:30 pm

What an ending. What a character. What a player.

I'm still heartbroken by that final scene.

Thank you for sharing Providence with us, it was a blessing to meet her.

Aeryeris

Post by Aeryeris » Tue May 16, 2023 7:38 pm

Providence's ending hit me like no character's ending I've experience on Arelith before. I shed a few tears behind the desk.

I'm really going to miss her, and I'll think back fondly of the many, many character shaping interactions I've had with her.

That said, I'm also very excited to see you on your next character, Preserver. Simply amazing. Tips hat

Currently playing: Ginny Fairlen

Lass is Class

Post by Lass is Class » Tue May 16, 2023 8:07 pm

Was one of the best Arcs I have a privilege to witness and to participate at.

Cannot say enough thanks to the player for their fantastic character - very sad that couldn't be there to see Providence's final moments.

It has been moments from learning they are gone, but Providence is already severely missed.

Sythaeryn Dawnwing (Shelved) .
Se'Waerriel Ssambra (Rolled).
Landarel Skyseeker (Rolled).
Unnamed human (Active).

Seitera Colds (Main, Active).

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Tue May 16, 2023 8:44 pm

Ellisaria didn't know Providence that well; their circles didn't really overlap beyond the occasional nod of greeting in the barracks. But I was not expecting what happened. The conclusion was definitely an honor to experience, and the aftermath will have RP ripples for most (if not all) involved.

I look forward to seeing what you play next! :)

DM Avalon Soul
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Avalon Soul » Tue May 16, 2023 8:49 pm

It was a privilege to see Providence and her path, and to have helped facilitate an ending which felt fitting when we spoke on it. Can't wait to see what comes next!

"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame; for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see. " -- Sebaestian, Babylon 5

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Wed May 17, 2023 8:22 am

I'm so sad I couldn't see the end of Providence with Thomas. She was very dear to him as a friend and he relied on her expertise so much. Providence had such a deep and sad story behind her that I am grateful to have learned a fair bit of. Thank you for sharing this with me. As always with every character you make, you leave a void that will long be felt. <3

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Wed May 17, 2023 1:44 pm

I was definitely shocked with Providence's ending- but it was very fitting for her character. Whether it was Tiffa or Juniper, every interaction I've had with Providence was an amazing one!!

Some tears were shed in those final moments IRL, won't lie. It's been a privilege, and thank you for the amazing stories you created with her <3

Juniper Oakley - Just A Wee Bit Batty

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil (Rolled)

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Wed May 17, 2023 1:49 pm

I never had a chance to interact with Providence more then seeing the screen shots on discord or passing in the street. However, I know your reputation as a player and your previous PCs. I'm glad to learn, that while this one story has ended, you enjoyed yourself and had a great experience. Very much look forward to what comes next for you.

Darkstorn42
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Darkstorn42 » Wed May 17, 2023 2:30 pm

Providence is dead! What was all that effort for to save her?!

Jokes aside, my greatest regret is living in such a different time zone than you that our play times rarely ever overlapped. Regardless, our RP regularly transcended this temporal limitation. Prov will be missed and I am sad I was unable to be present at the end.

I will echo everyone else's comment, however, and am excited to see what comes next from The Preserver!

On Server Hiatus
Izahne Tiller - (Shelved)
Maile Aylomen
Zuulanii Ironblood
Ukyo Kuonji

Volderen

Post by Volderen » Wed May 17, 2023 3:59 pm

Providence was by far my favorite character to interact with as Varfogar. There were many times the two had political and philosophical debates. I did not expect to have Varfogar to adore her, but he did once the two of them worked together for the city of cordor. I wish I could have been there in the end, but I'm sure it was magnificent.