An Inventor, an Airship, and a False Detective... (End of the Rabicus Mikraels Plotline)

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DM Avalon Soul
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

An Inventor, an Airship, and a False Detective... (End of the Rabicus Mikraels Plotline)

Post by DM Avalon Soul » Tue May 16, 2023 8:46 pm

With the flight of the Aerocustos Duo making for Lantan home, we call this plot to a close. This.. has been a fairly long plot (a month's time for sure) , and has involved three distinct parts:

1) The Inventor Rabicus Mikraels, and the efforts of local Arelith's hiding him in safety. A young an idealistic inventor whom others sought to use for their nefarious ends.

This figure was inspired by Nikola Tesla, although with some differences. This plot's changed shape since initial inception some, but due to spoiler territory I can't detail much.

2) The Airship known as the Aercustos Duo, recovered and it's Captain saved from death, having been abandoned by a Treacherous agent of a hostile and dangerous cults.

While this had come in during the development of a plot as a request, it had fit so perfectly that I had to run with it. Even if the aircraft taking off has called brief curiousity by many, for those who took up the mantle to repair and keep the ship safe bringing it home proved to be a key part to this multilayered plot.

3) The False Quaestor, Alaicus Gaius, now executed.

This third portion was, given the impetus that brought Rabicus to the island a nescessary counterpoint , and while I figured things were going to happen in a similar fashion, I had not quite expected the exact path. But, that's a good reminder for me as a DM to remember, expect the unexpected.

There are WAY Too many people to thank for making this plot as enjoyable for me to run as it had been for you to be involved with. Thank you all!

Some music to end this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW5_PqSdI1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGWs1HK8iDU&t=87s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFGtRKx4ypY

Regards,

DM Avalon Soul.

Fin.

"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame; for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see. " -- Sebaestian, Babylon 5

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: An Inventor, an Airship, and a False Detective... (End of the Rabicus Mikraels Plotline)

Post by Preserver » Tue May 16, 2023 8:52 pm

As long as Rabicus was saved in the end, that's good.
Thanks for the plot and the personal assistance provided!

What's with you and Gnomes?

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: An Inventor, an Airship, and a False Detective... (End of the Rabicus Mikraels Plotline)

Post by Morgy » Tue May 16, 2023 9:40 pm

Loved being involved. Thank you!

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Wed May 17, 2023 1:48 pm

I had a lot of fun with this plot, thank you for the story and inclusion! I loved how unique it was with the air ships and the group involved.
Was also very fun to have the LM class actually be useful in a plot, that was a new experience and highly enjoyable ^^

Thank you!

Juniper Oakley - Just A Wee Bit Batty

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil (Rolled)

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Wed May 17, 2023 3:55 pm

My PC interacted with a talking (mechanical) cow and then wrote an IC report about it. Years from now, when some historian is looking through old reports, it will be found. Questions will be asked. People will wonder. I am joyful at the thought.

10/10 would behave as if that's an everyday occurrence again.