Whoever made the AOE circles for AOE spells.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Whoever made the AOE circles for AOE spells.

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Wed May 31, 2023 6:54 am

I imagine Beamdog?

Either way I love it.

facesmash

Re: Whoever made the AOE circles for AOE spells.

Post by facesmash » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:04 am

EnigmaticSpirit wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:54 am

I imagine Beamdog?

Either way I love it.

+1 its so useful for the rogue grenades also. I honestly had no idea the radius before hand other than using my friends as test subjects lmao this has been great.

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:51 pm

It was me who added the feature to the base game and Kalo who added support on Arelith. I'm happy you like them!

I'm going to temporarily hijack the thread to share a tip that people might not know about. In Options->UI->Accessibility->Advanced you can tweak the colours, including their brightness. It's an RGBA hex string. For example, if I changed the dangerous one from #ff0000ff to #ff000080 then it would be half as bright. You can tweak them to your preferences:

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Morgy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:56 pm

Liareth wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:51 pm

It was me who added the feature to the base game and Kalo who added support on Arelith. I'm happy you like them!

I'm going to temporarily hijack the thread to share a tip that people might not know about. In Options->UI->Accessibility->Advanced you can tweak the colours, including their brightness. It's an RGBA hex string. For example, if I changed the dangerous one from #ff0000ff to #ff000080 then it would be half as bright. You can tweak them to your preferences:

This is very cool. Thank you for sharing and all the work you are doing.

Watchful Glare

Post by Watchful Glare » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:05 pm

Liareth wrote:

This was absolutely incredible, thank you.

Biz here was a constant subliminal hum, and death the accepted punishment for laziness, carelessness, lack of grace, the failure to heed the demands of an intricate protocol.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:15 pm

It's pretty cool, but is there a way to turn it off as well? It seems like not all of the AOE distances are properly contained within the circles. Either it's overshooting or the circle covering an enemy isn't actually getting them with the AOE stuff.

Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:15 pm

Such a great addition to the game. Thank you so much!

I’ve got the power of god and anime on my side!

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:22 pm

Liareth wrote:

You're literally amazing, Liareth. Thank you! For this and all the amazing work you've done on the game as well as the server.

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:07 am

Dreams wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:15 pm

It's pretty cool, but is there a way to turn it off as well? It seems like not all of the AOE distances are properly contained within the circles. Either it's overshooting or the circle covering an enemy isn't actually getting them with the AOE stuff.

Shouldn't be possible as it's sharing the distance of the spell in the script. If you have specific examples, please make a feedback thread.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Flower Power

Post by Flower Power » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:04 pm

In Sorrow We Trust wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:07 am
Dreams wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:15 pm

Shouldn't be possible as it's sharing the distance of the spell in the script. If you have specific examples, please make a feedback thread.

It happens for spells that are externally modified by other Arelith-specific changes/features.

Kalopsia wrote:

Dynamic range increases applied by feats, paths, class levels etc. are not included yet; the indicators will default to the original spell behaviour.

what would fred rogers do?

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:07 pm

This is so wonderful, thank you very much.