Keeping the Hearth Fire Burning - Maethiel Tyireale'ala

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Amateur Hour

Keeping the Hearth Fire Burning - Maethiel Tyireale'ala

Post by Amateur Hour » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:25 pm

After six hundred and seventy-two days - six in-character years exactly - it's time to say farewell to a character known to some as Henia, others as Nellas, but to most as Maethiel.

When I created her, I had this brilliant idea of starting a text document and writing my kudos thread as I went. And it was brilliant...until that laptop happened to fail and I lost access to that file. So, while this thread will get added to extensively once I get that file, here are the highlights that occur to me immediately in no particular order:

• Baldissere - for being my writing buddy in a shockingly lore-friendly romance story that really, really should not have worked out for them but somehow did. No one would believe the sheer insanity they survived if we didn't have receipts to prove it.

• Isendel - you took the concept of "Maethiel has a cousin" and really made it your own. Their familial bickering dynamic was refreshing and real.

• Tom Flute - you charm me every time you appear with the peak fey energy.

• Githir - I did not expect anyone would be able to trigger major character development after I'd been playing Maethiel for five IC years, and yet this arc - which became her final, quietly-triumphant arc - did so beautifully. The philosophical exploration of "healthy selfishness" was extremely entertaining.

• Oliver Nailo - for all the event planning. Just...all of it. All those events. We made it work, somehow!

• Saraskyn - for being legitimately downright terrifying in a very quiet way.

• Melasafir - I have rarely seen an older elf played with the gravity and weight of years so palpable. An inspiration to us all, in and out of character (he's getting a Tyireale'ala child named after him whether he wants it or not!).

• Karathas - for being both terrifying and reassuring without changing what he was for a moment.

• All of her Eagle regulars - you all took the writing prompt of "a barmaid asks you about your adventuring day" and went with it each in your own ways. It was sad to have to end it, but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

• Everyone who came to one of her dances - dances are a writing prompt, and you all knocked it out of the park. From those who wrote elaborate descriptions of dances to those who had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the dance floor (in character), you all made it worth it.

• Everyone who trusted me to plan their weddings - it was an absolute blast.

• Minto Cloudpaw - for many things, but I'd like to draw particular attention to the wedding gift that was given; you could not known how that led to such an incredibly perfect story moment. I have sworn I'll get it written up for IC stories someday, once I get my other laptop working and can access the file I need.

Last edited by Amateur Hour on Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

TavernRoleplayer

Re: Keeping the Hearth Fire Burning

Post by TavernRoleplayer » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:12 pm

Maethiel was a gem.

Hope to see you on another character one day.

James Drexler (Rolled)
Arthur Drexler-O'Briar (Rolled)
Victor Galincourt (Active)

Peachoo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Peachoo » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:03 pm

Really gonna miss Mae! Good luck on your next pc!

MintoCloudpaw

Post by MintoCloudpaw » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:49 pm

I'm going to miss Baldi and Mae! Baldi and Mae were some of Minto's first friends, and first dear elven friends, and now they are heading to start their family. Minto is proud of them for finding their happiness, and will miss them keenly.

Thank you for all the RP, I treasured it all and I hope to hear about how tiny hammer for tiny elf lead into a story moment :D

LurkingShadow

Re: Keeping the Hearth Fire Burning - Maethiel Tyireale'ala

Post by LurkingShadow » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:54 pm

It might have been a sour mood ic and some what ooc perhaps at the end. But Maethiel was a great character. She pulled Sil from a darkness and no matter what. The start of that friendship was damn fun. Good luck if you keep playing, good luck if not! It was fun while it lasted. Big kudos.

A Storm in the vicinity
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Keeping the Hearth Fire Burning - Maethiel Tyireale'ala

Post by A Storm in the vicinity » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:12 am

Maethiel was a fantastic character portrayed by an amazing person! She was very important at Max development and I wish you great success in your future endeavors, and it would be a pleasure to have more roleplay sessions with you someday!