The Future is Uncertain - A Victor Green kudos thread.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Ad Astra

The Future is Uncertain - A Victor Green kudos thread.

Post by Ad Astra » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:27 pm

I'm not gone, or rolling. But I would like to make some special thanks to people as I rest the character for now and recover from the intensity of playing him.

I'm not going to list too many people. But Victor had an actual list, because of Szorn, that featured everyone close to him in whatever weird ways those were.

1. Raktus Ironhorn. It's not over yet. We're going to kill everything when all had come back to where it belongs.

2. Actually, you dig your own grave, you can live in it.

3. Szorn. You sweet summer prince. My god, you took the literal edge off of roleplaying such an intense character. I loved that declaration. And I decided to just accept it. Szorn is number three. That acceptance worked perfectly in reverse. And what was revealed between the two was intriguing.

4. Zaeryl. Yeah. She stole Kalanerin's spot. Sorry bud. Yeah. Victor even told her so. I'm so sorry you're only finding out in the Zaeryl section of my kudos thread. By the way, you're great. That's to Zaeryl, not Kalanerin. Zaeryl is an unexpectedly subtle character. Her place on this list is no light thing after a number of their interactions.

5. Kalanerin. Hey buddy. Yeah, I know. Victor put you at five. But at least he considers you on his list! You're actually where it ends :D When it comes to being close to Victor, I'd say Kalanerin and Victor's relationship is perfect. As always, I refuse to call anyone his friend. But Kalanerin is someone he gets to actually talk about...not insane shit with. And that's worth something.

Now for some special mentions.

Yael: What a cool character. Their interactions were intriguing. She was always very laid back, and just kind of not difficult for someone overly complicated like Victor to talk to. There was no veils. They didn't seem to need them. And oddly enough out of anyone in Andunor who he identified with the work ethic of, it was her. Victor does drugs for ritual purposes exclusively. Rarely drinks. And barely friendships it up. Yael is someone I'd like to roleplay with a lot more.

Khorin: I'm your number 1 appraisal customer, come on. You know why you're on this list. You know how much you made me in gold.

Ner'enthis, and the Shadowclaws: Crafting senpai. Ner is a keen character with a lot of patience and experience and that shows. Victor literally didn't know how to craft to make money before he met them. And he became an actual merchant thanks to their guidance.

The Cabal: Y'all are so crazy. Holy hells.

The Temple of Lloth: From conflict to companions in battle to who knows what else from here. The members of the Temple have played an unexpected role in Victor's life, from challenging him to do better out of spite, to working directly alongside them and often times at their command. Victor was like a ravenous dog when he came into the city. Starving, bloody, violent, incapable of self-control. The Temple and it's associates have all seen this Victor, and they have also in a way been with him for the whole ride to where he stands now. In a way, this part is dedicated to a lot of people, even people not apart of the Temple anymore. You know who you are.

I could probably go on and on, list a million more names, kudos Lilith, Johnathan, Mhais, every single Abyssalist, the gobman who taught me about the stars, but...

That's way too much effort right now. And, in a way, I see things as the books or arcs in a characters life. To thank everyone from arc 1 would be an otherworldly endeavor. Arc 2 is over, and 3 is set to begin in due time. For now, take it easy folks. I'm still taking some time off, and I definitely need it after the tragedy of all these roleplay storylines coming to an end I was tied to. Knowing I won't be able to continue certain rps and plotlines at this time is quite a vicious thought to contend with but I still hope to continue playing him yet.

Also, for real, thank you all. I couldn't even list all the different people Ive loved roleplaying with and why. I could say the Legion, and pick out Muck, Jugvun, and Badoc especially, I could say the Red Tower, the Arcanum for Zayd most of all, I could keep going...!

So don't feel left out. You're all insane and incredible and I'm practically avoiding posting spoilers just to talk about how amazing some people are.

Last edited by Ad Astra on Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asleeponthemoon

Re: The Future is Uncertain - A Victor Green kudos thread.

Post by Asleeponthemoon » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:08 pm

Ad Astra wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:27 pm
  1. Zaeryl. Yeah. She stole Kalanerin's spot. Sorry bud. Yeah. Victor even told her so. I'm so sorry you're only finding out in the Zaeryl section of my kudos thread. By the way, you're great. That's to Zaeryl, not Kalanerin. Zaeryl is an unexpectedly subtle character. Her place on this list is no light thing after a number of their interactions.

From not wanting anything to do with her to following her into abandoned temples and talking about statues and shadows, Victor is one of the characters who helped flesh Zaeryl out into who she is now. Thank you so much for involving me with your story and your creations. I am very excited for the future and look forward to whatever you do next.

john neverwinter

Post by john neverwinter » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:27 pm

Ad Astra wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:27 pm

3- Szorn. You sweet summer prince. My god, you took the literal edge off of roleplaying such an intense character. I loved that declaration. And I decided to just accept it. Szorn is number three. That acceptance worked perfectly in reverse. And what was revealed between the two was intriguing.

I loved Victor, you already know what it is. From that time they did all the drugs to when they hung outside of secret meeting rooms like absolute freaks to the CLIMACTIC battles. I really appreciated how you could balance between being a little edgy with expert comedic timing. Victor was one of the first characters to really embrace the CHAOS and surely that assassination attempt will be coming soon.

Rei_Jin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Rei_Jin » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:32 am

Aww, thanks for mentioning Ner and the Shadowclaws!

So glad we could help Victor find his way in the secret paths of industry and merchanting

It's been fun to watch from the sidelines as Victor grew and found his place in Andunor, for all the trials and triumphs that that involved.

Good fortunes, good hunts while you take a breather!

Biggrouse

Post by Biggrouse » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:51 pm

Hey there! It's Xizri from the Shadowclaw. Our characters have never had any deep interactions with one another, but we've been in a lot of the same orbits, enough that Victor stands apart to me.

Victor has been a fun and interesting character to watch, especially as far as Outcasts go. I'm a sucker for unlikely stories: while quite a few human characters have come to renown and respect in the Underdark, Victor was the only one I was able to watch progress over time. Andunor wouldn't have the sense of community it does without personable, active, and excellently roleplayed characters like Victor.

Thanks for your (fake) compliments back at Greyport, and I hope to see more of Victor again sometime!

backlands
General Admin
General Admin

Post by backlands » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:07 pm

I was wondering where Victor had gone! Love the character and looking forward to seeing him come back when you are ready to dive into that again! The interactions we had were always a highlight for me and having some of the first chances to explore Muck's character with Victor was really great for me. I really hope to connect with you more IC in the future!!!