Tashtego is Gone

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Sundial

Tashtego is Gone

Post by Sundial » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:54 am

The tale of Tashtego has ended. I came into this PC with the intention of breaking new ground and interacting with areas of the server I'd previously written off, and was rewarded with vibrant, compelling, and conflict-rich storytelling. Rolling always leaves me in a bit of a haze, and an attempt to recall every participant in the story would only leave me miffed at some missed detail. I just want to thank this community, deeply, for staying true to itself.

Ekrid Aulanther
Tashtego
Isak Kerringar
Huemacoatl

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Tashtego is Gone

Post by Morgy » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:03 am

Thank you for Tashtego! I will not forget his Freedom march in Guldorand against the Thayans! Nor his fleeing the scene after it went terribly wrong/right :D

DeepWebAssassin

Post by DeepWebAssassin » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:08 am

Farewell to a real one!

Tashtego was great -- he had a presence and personal gravitas that made you interested in what he had to say any time he spoke. It was a character with real purpose and direction, as well as very human doubts and uncertainties. He really improved any scene he was a part of, and often spurred people to react and step out of their usual comfortable circles.

Shame to see him go, but all the best stories have an end and I'm glad that it was a satisfying journey. Hoping to see you around on the next one.

Currently Playing:
Damon Rook
(Discord: narcopolo)

Crookedblossom
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Crookedblossom » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:25 am

Tashtego was the first character I've ever had conflict with, where it started out as hated enemies at each other's throats and developed into a tenuous sort of friendship. And then came crashing back down all over again, with a small glimmer of that friendship established before the story came to its natural conclusion.

He was a roller coaster ride from the start, and I've tried to learn from you as a player in how to enact better scenes of conflict.

I hope to someday be someone's Tashtego. And I hope you know how much it meant to me that you decided to share his story with us.

And my favorite!

Thank you for all the fun. I hope we cross paths again someday in the world of Arelith.

Gilbert K

Post by Gilbert K » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:41 am

I am about to say what I consider to be some of the highest praise I have given in 16 years of playing Arelith:

I never once worried about the conflict I had with Tashtego. Because I know you are a mature and serious roleplayer with the intent to enrich the immersive experience of others, I never had to wonder if the hostility we had towards each others' characters was in good faith or not.

That said, even if your next concept isn't antagonistic, I hope to come across them on a character of mine.

Kite_Alaster2

Post by Kite_Alaster2 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:02 am

As one of the Rangers will say it will be hard to imagine a time after Tashtego. Can say while Tash might've not always interacted with us he certainly still had a presence with the Rangers where we always had to make sure we knew what Tash was doing.

Probably my favorite memory of interacting with Tash on Rei was when Rei and Rae were going to the half orc camp for some reason that I forget now though Tash not knowing that Rae was allowed there showed up while Rei was trying to climb up the check (and failing a few times as is my luck with those damn climb rolls) and Tash just showed up trying to blackmail Rei into supporting him. That always stuck with me and certainly made me/Rei alot more careful if I was ever doing anything that could be considered actual blackmail worthy.

I will say even with that Tash has came close to making Rei question himself a couple of times even if Rei would never admit it or show it. He also almost accepted Tash's offer of help when something had happened to someone close to him even if Rei didn't fully trust Tash to not just be trying to kill him.

While the relation between Tash has always been a friend-enemy one. Where we would go one week from wanting to kill Tash to the next of needing to save Tash from himself cause we needed him for something. His presence will certainly be missed by the rangers even if half the time he just gave all of the rangers headaches. Do look forward to what your next character will be I don't doubt it will be one that people will enjoy it even if its from a antagonistic view.

Last edited by Kite_Alaster2 on Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarsakh Skies

Post by Tarsakh Skies » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:17 am

I'm actually very sad and don't know what to say. I've been sitting here wondering what to write, but nothing occurs me. Instead, I'll leave two screenshots here, from two special moments.

Tashtego sets big snake on fire (not that one).

Tashtego meets the Heart of the Mountain.

kirisin

Post by kirisin » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:59 am

Tash always put me in a weird spot when I was on Abdiel. I hated it
10/10 would rp again

Out... Out of mine kitchen. Away with thee!

Deep Fried Thinking Emoji

Post by Deep Fried Thinking Emoji » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:20 am

Oof, I'm goin to miss him.

As strange as Zemys found the man, he respected him, and I, oocly, always enjoyed their interactions.

Thank you for sharing your character with us!

vaclavc

Post by vaclavc » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:46 am

Tashtego was awesome!
-V-

Retired characters: Thazmudin; Cyrianthir; Zalastrien; Nebuzirah; Qaenuhir; Toruvilen Sivolun; Vaeluzir.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:16 am

Tashtego was a great character. I enjoyed running into him on numerous characters, each time seeing him at a different part of his journey on Arelith. Most recently it's been great hearing tales about him from other characters too!

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

KarlKendrick

Post by KarlKendrick » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:53 pm

He shall for sure be missed.

Cald and Tashtego different sides of the same coin was always a good description for their tense relationship. There were times they made allies and common cause and time where they actively tried to interfere/violently murder each other. Was one of Calds more complex bonds and that made it all the more fun and interesting to RP around.

The snake now rests.

Good luck and enjoy whatever no doubt wonderful concept you come up with next.

Currently the active puppeteer of...
-Caldurian Wyndyr
-Eobard Derlson

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:33 pm

Tashtego <3

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Norsepal

Post by Norsepal » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:26 pm

Aw dang Yuanjun didn't get to say bye. :(

Oh well, it was still a blast RPing with him!

Frandor

Post by Frandor » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:00 pm

I do not often post here in the forums, but I have to give some serious kudos to this character.

Tashtego was an incredibly fun character to interact with, especially so in conflict. I very much enjoyed near every interaction I had with him, and he is certainly a character I (and Frandor) will never forget. I have to admit, I'm a little sad I did not get to witness Tashtego's final moments before rolling. I'll miss Tash, and admittedly, so will Fran.

Best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do next, and thank you for all the good times.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:37 am

I thoroughly enjoyed their discussions on his view of the Abyss, and then being his advocate as people briefly flocked to Angela as a 'she understands him?! ask her all the questions!'.

Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:39 pm

You missed an opportunity to title it Tashte-GO. I loved what brief interactions I got to have with Tash, and I'm hella excited to see what you do next!

Svrtr
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Svrtr » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:29 pm

I'm saddened by the fact we didn't get to interact more, but he was fun. Even if in some ways we IC disagreed, it was fun to see the ways in which we IC agreed. Only wish I could've made him go fight a dragon.

Cheers to whoever you play next

riffraff

Post by riffraff » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:09 pm

I only encountered Tashtego a couple of times, but man was his energy amazing. A really great, threatening aura with talk alone. Seren referenced his serpent story (and their back and forth about it) to Cald many a time afterwards (and may well continue to do so). I'm sad I didn't get to encounter you more, but I'm very glad that I got to experience the character at all. Thank you!

cold chuckle

Baronze

Post by Baronze » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:40 pm

Even though our interactions are always so short Sundial, I feel like I end up learning how to RP better and leaving with a strong impressions after each one. Tashtego was a great character and my small interaction with him in Guldorand/Crags due to the Rashemi Court story(as a goon) was very memorable.

Keep doing whatever it is you are doing, because it works wonders.

In Sorrow We Trust
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:38 pm

Never met him... but I'm hearing about him after the fact, and it's a lot of fun to pick up the pieces he left behind. Can tell even without having experienced it in person that he was a fantastic character, but that's no surprise coming from you.

I really look forward to your next character. Maybe I'll even get a chance to interact with you again.