The Queen's Revenge and DM Herald

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Cthuletta

The Queen's Revenge and DM Herald

Post by Cthuletta » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:19 pm

The Queen's Revenge! Once a Cordorian Flagship, and then a deadly Ghost Ship!
This storyline had so many dominos that fell from it, not to mention the plot twists that came about through the story itself being unfolded from many angles by many wonderful characters who all worked together.

AND WHAT A STORY IT WAS! These kinds of plots are one of my favourite types of events, it had a perfect mix of mystery, action, investigation, and 'side-quests' that were going on throughout it, not to mention a tangible impact on Cordor itself that made the Queen's Revenge feel realistic in that it was a big problem to be dealt with.

The time put into this from DM Herald on all sides, from the story to the NPCs and the interactions were beautifully conducted, and it was an absolute joy to be part of and play through. Huge kudos to you, Herald, for this colourful story and amazingly beautiful ending. It definitely gave me some feels. Thank you for the wonderful plot line!

Juniper Oakley - A Little Bitey

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil

MintoCloudpaw

Re: The Queen's Revenge and DM Herald

Post by MintoCloudpaw » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:23 pm

The sheer amount of RP this event made was amazing. Not only were mass amounts of Cordorians able to get involved and participate, but people from every nation and many factions were able to join in too!

Very well done on all fronts DM Herald - from the combat, to the Queen's Revenge and the naval marines to all the government employees and residents of the city that we got to interact, to the moral problems with it all. Definitely a very fun first term as Chancellor! Thank you for a plot that brought us so much RP and something to work on as a team.

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Morgy » Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:14 pm

This was a excellently narrated, planned and balanced campaign. Enjoyed the story thoroughly =) Super inclusive and including political, strategical and combat tasks.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:51 am

Herald’s quests are always very engaging and fun from what I hear and have observed. Unfortunately I didn’t get to be involved much in this story but the bits and pieces I did and from what I heard from others as well as the extent of the RP this created for everyone with the food shortages etc being able to get involved was superb. To me this is what a good quest line looks like. Where hostiles are challenging but not invincible and where everyone can play a part to a successful outcome. Thank you so much Herald and anyone else who has helped with this storyline.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled