Kudos to All Government Officials and Large Faction Leaders

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

chocolatelover

Kudos to All Government Officials and Large Faction Leaders

Post by chocolatelover » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:39 pm

Thiis has probably not been stated enough. Everyone who is a government leader, a public official in those governments, military leader, large faction leaders, even just event organizers ....you make Arelith great. I don't think new players (I know I didn't!) understand what dedication it takes to run a city, even virtual ones. The amount of time needed to keep things running, attend meetings in lieu of adventuring, providing RP for new and old players alike, is just astounding.

Even leaders who don't do a fantastic job, (which may be their RP intent!) are to be commended. For those players like me, who do not have the time to commit to massive engagement, or organize events for others, but want to show up for some kind of events, we would not have any RP without all of you. I am not creative enough nor have the time to organize an event or run a faction, but I will show up in the audience to cheer and respond as much as I can. ( And you cannot throw a parade of party if no one shows up)

So to those other players who provide the scenarios for the rest of us to respond to, Thank you!

And as for The Queen's Revenge plot, totally jealous as my main alt is a Guldorand citizen and doesn't understand what's going on, but it sounds fascinating!

MintoCloudpaw

Re: Kudos to All Government Officials and Large Faction Leaders

Post by MintoCloudpaw » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:29 pm

<3

As a habitual settlement leader/faction leader, I appreciate sentiments like this being expressed. Leadership -is- a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun knowing that people are enjoying it; that we get to make RP for people and see them thrive.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:03 am

Hear, Hear!

A Big huzzah to all such folks above and below, Good and Evil alike.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:56 am

I couldn’t agree more! Having played Settlement Leaders, Faction leaders and Government employees over the past 5 years I have come to really appreciate the effort and time that goes into this. Not only that but the sheer scrutiny, rumours/gossip and sometimes even toxicity (OOCly and ICly) which all cause it’s own level of stress. I continue to say I will never run a faction again and every time I say I won’t take a leadership role again. And every time I do, because I adore creating RP for other people and these positions really allow you to do that.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:34 pm

Definitely agree, good and inclusive faction/settlement leaders who get others involved and create stories for others is part of what I love about this server, where I found it severely lacking in other places I've played in the past.
Like Dawn said above, it does NOT seem like an easy job for various reasons and I don't envy anyone who volunteers for it, so kudos to all of you for all the hard work!

Juniper Oakley - A Little Bitey

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil