Much Love to the Grump

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

RedGiant

Much Love to the Grump

Post by RedGiant » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:06 pm

viewtopic.php?f=23&p=324869#p324869

Much love to the GrumpyCat for an amazing run as community manager. Your humor and grace will be sorely missed. Your humor and grace will be enjoyed as DM.

Thanks for all the memories, memes, and quotes for my signature block.

The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

DM Poppy

Re: Much Love to the Grump

Post by DM Poppy » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:03 pm

Whilst I am terribly sad that Grumpycat is stepping down, I am grateful that she will remain a member of our team as a DM.

Words cannot express truly how dedicated this amazing woman is. This server has been blessed by her kind heart and selflessness. No matter who, or what, Grumpycat would tackle every problem in a way that made her an absolute role model for other DMs.

No matter the time, GC would be on hand to help her team. She would lead, she would support, but she really made everything more approachable and more possible and I am really grateful to have learned from her. She has been an amazing Admin to work with, she will be an amazing DM to work with and she will always be an amazing friend to talk to.

I'm the nice one.. I promise :twisted:

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:10 pm

I love you and thank you for everything you've done so far, Grumpycat, and have no doubt that you'll continue doing an excellent work as a DM once more, and maybe even have more free time to play the game as a player. Good luck in whatever you decide to do next around here or elsewhere.

Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

DM Avalon Soul
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Avalon Soul » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:13 pm

I am glad Grumpy is remaining as a DM but seeing her step down as Community Manager is sad, though I entirely understand.

Take care and regardless of what happens next, I hope you get to be a happier cat.

"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame; for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see. " -- Sebaestian, Babylon 5

DM MoonMoon
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM MoonMoon » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:07 pm

Grumpy has been a an amazing part of this community for soo many years, even appearing on the beamdog chat!
They have been such a guide in my years of a DM, and always a great support through some tough issues we face as DMs!
I only hope I have been able to support them back where I can, and wish you all the comforts and relaxation!

Also, Grumpy, you were the DM who told me off for breaking a rule back in my first year of playing soo many years ago :P

DM Wraith: @DM MoonMoon Nice one, Idk howl you do it, it does seem a bit furfetched

DM Herald
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Herald » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:29 pm

Without Grumpycat's years of dedication and hard work to manage the community and her listening ear when things get frustrating, I think the server would have been undoubtedly worse off.

On a personal basis, Grumpycat has been a great source of guidance and second opinion for me since joining the team. Thank you for putting up with all my questions and antics!

I think I can speak on behalf of the community when I say, thank you for the time you put in to make Arelith a better place, and enjoy a well deserved break!

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:04 pm

Aww gosh, thanks you guys blush

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

DM Potato
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Potato » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:34 pm

Welcoem to the blue gang.
Thank you for enduring all my rants as Communitymanager, you've always been great.

Now you get to cause mischief with the rest of us.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:08 am

Much love to Arelith's favorite (humble opinion I know) upper manager. She was always willing to listen to crazy PC/ Plot ideas and take a chance on some with her approval. Much love for giving us newbies a chance!

We all look forward to what fun you'll stir up as a DM!

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:59 am

GC has always been very caring. At least from my personal experience. I’m glad you are deciding to step down for your own personal health and enjoyment and making this choice. Time to enjoy the game! Thanks GC!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Definately Not A Mimic

Post by Definately Not A Mimic » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:26 pm

<3 You're one of the good ones and hopefully you never forget that.

DM Corruption
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Corruption » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:24 pm

Thank you for all your hard work GC - Working with the community can often be a thankless job and that's with the very little context I know of in and out of Arelith. You worked hard recruiting myself and a number of other DM's, and at all points you've been available, understanding, kind and patient - traits that helped us to understand how best to DM and that skill maps 1:1 into a great Community Manager

This isn't goodbye, this is see you later

DM Kannoth

Post by DM Kannoth » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:32 pm

Thank you all you have done Grumpy!

perseid

Post by perseid » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:45 pm

Just wanted to pile on my own love for GrumpyCat. I've only interacted with them a handful of times but on every single occasion I appreciated both how helpful GrumpyCat was and the generally friendly tone they delivered that help with. Hoping the best for you Grumpy!

DM Raven

Post by DM Raven » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:59 am

You've been an absolute treat to work with GC. Your kindness and understanding has always been a wonderful thing to witness. I am sorry to see you go as a Community Manager but am happy you're staying on with us as a DM.

I hope we continue to learn from you and have your perspective help guide us as we move forward! Thank you for everything you've contributed. I can confidently say you've made me a better DM.

Peachoo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Peachoo » Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:46 pm

Where do I start?

Grumpycat is one of the kindest people that I've ever had the pleasure of both playing with but also working with. I'm so happy that I got to share in some really cool rp with you over the years whether you were acting as a dm or a player. Not only that, but I have really appreciated all the time you've taken to listen to me or give me advice when it comes to writing or even as a friend.

I know that you aren't saying goodbye, and that you wills till be around as a dm, but I want to make sure to leave with this message.
Don't be afraid to take a long break, enjoy life, and do your own thing outside of this game/community. Arelith will always be here when you are ready to come back.

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:05 pm

You're the best, Grumpy!

Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo Ferraz; Erodash Uzdshak; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Orestes Fontebela

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:20 pm

I think it says a lot about Grumpycat that she took a lot of, frankly pestering, from me to originally accept the position of admin. I was 100% convinced she was a perfect choice. She had no desire for the status of such a role, and thought many others were better qualified.

I was so glad when she finally accepted, and now genuinely sad that that time has come to an end.

It was a fantastic run that took Arelith through some of it's most critical years in our history, and I'm going to seriously miss seeing her play a critical role in driving the direction of the server.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:05 am

I can't say enough how awesome Grumpycat is. If there was an exemplar of the Arelith staff members, it would be her. She has always been a blessed help to myself and made being a head DM far easier. I couldn't be thankful enough.

Please don't feed my sister.

Lass is Class

Post by Lass is Class » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:04 pm

Grumpycat reinforced faith in the DM team and management in general, multiple times in the several years whenever I had an issue it was looked into with good will and met halfway for some. Always pleasant and hospitable.

Can't thank them enough for all they did for the server and players here.

Sythaeryn Dawnwing (Shelved) .
Se'Waerriel Ssambra (Rolled).
Landarel Skyseeker (Rolled).
Unnamed human (Active).

Seitera Colds (Main, Active).

Fallout

Post by Fallout » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:36 pm

Honestly, i am glad😅, glad we will get Grumpy more as a DM, as I, and based on all this messages enjoyed all those DM events run by her in last mhmm almost, six-seven years?🤔

Anyhow, you are now just one step away...to return fully as a player🤓😜, what also would be a blast.

Largest kudos!🤗

Gaal

Post by Gaal » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:44 pm

I am glad GrumpyCat is back, i received my boost in RP from Grumpy. Still haven't found that slave lol.

Perem, El Grotto de Gnome