Faeris Orthae

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Royal Blood

Faeris Orthae

Post by Royal Blood » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:47 pm

Hi!

I’ve played Faeris Orthae for over a year now! She is going through transitions, and I see it as a kind of concluding of significant long going plots. She will still be present and has plenty left to do. So this is not a farewell, but a thank you!

I’ve truly enjoyed her being the ‘Imperatrix’ of the Devil’s Table. The stories made with so many of you have been shocking, exciting, intimate at times, brutal other times. And just so, so engaging. I always super enjoy the opportunity in settlement leader roles to influence stories and just thank everyone who engaged with Faeris.

The character’s depth would never be possible without so many brilliant writers. I am endlessly inspired by Arelith’s players. Faeris was a blank slate, her value came from interactions with others.

So, thank you!

I like to use Arelith characters to slowly familiarize myself with editing and stuff. And sometimes, long nights of like no sleep, I write for the characters and I had some of that writing made into visual artwork.

I’ve got an attached video for my shoutouts and just an expression of the sort of ‘vibe’ I try to show with Faeris.

I’ve stumbled upon like nordic themed music and I’ve found the English translated words to be super compelling and an interesting premise to reinforce Faeris who is almost shamanistic in her pursuits towards magic.

Thank you all again, words alone would never be enough to express the enjoyment I have from playing with you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpyELAPmGLA

I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

D4wN

Re: Faeris Orthae

Post by D4wN » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:51 pm

That's an awesome video. Thank you so much. I feel humbled. The very few interactions I had with Faeris were great too! Hoping to see more

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Rei_Jin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Rei_Jin » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:45 pm

Thank you for the recognition.

It's been great to be a part of Faeris' story so far, and I look forward to seeing where it goes into the future.

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:44 pm

Watching Faeris' story continue to unfold has been really fun! Looking forward to seeing what's in store next.

Very cool video!

Aeryeris

Post by Aeryeris » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:42 am

I have had two direct interactions with Faeris which were both very memorable.
She has indirectly come up in my roleplay a whole lot more. She is clearly making her mark on the plots and stories of many people. Awesome character! And thanks for the Ginny mention!

Currently playing: Ginny Fairlen

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:19 am

While I have no horse in this race, I did feel compelled so give props to the video. A very clever way of doing a kudos. So, well done!

perseid

Post by perseid » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:49 pm

I've really enjoyed getting to see Faeris as a character play out, especially as my own character's life changed and so the nature of their interactions changed at times. Solid character, very much a piece of Andunorian history at this point imo, and a pleasure to rp with.

MarkRed

Post by MarkRed » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:18 pm

I didn't get to interact with Faeris very much, but she more than helped me learn of the teachings of Lolth! Always wonderful seeing actual Drow in the UD.

PS. I didn't make it out of the Abyss without help...
PSS.. My gut still hurts...
PSSS... That statue never got made...

Table&Chair Brick Wall | RedKnight Quartermaster | World's friendliest Tormite | Average Book Enjoyer Luskan | Stutter Elf Archer | Pie Goddess' #1 Fan | Best Slave Luskan | Deadpanned Luskan |

Communication, the only thing that matters.

Sindaglin

Post by Sindaglin » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:46 pm

That was an amazing video. I and the rest of the Legion are deeply honored to have rp with you.

“ Brothers , what we do in life echoes in eternity “
Sindaglin Cu'thalion Sentinel of Myon - deceased
Arak War Chieftan of the Deep Legion -ActiveMain