Golden Guldorand

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

LurkingShadow

Golden Guldorand

Post by LurkingShadow » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:45 pm

Sils ride in the republic been a crazy one and it keeps going. From the era of High Sheriff Viveka Blackstone via Salah and now Brinja. Along with several dozen of people, many sadly gone but not forgotten! You're all great and make Guldorand and the surroundings alive and interesting! Intrigueing. Hilarious and lived in. Big kudos to you all.

Party in the forest at midnight

Re: Golden Guldorand

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:55 pm

I've had a lot of fun RPing with people there too, the city is great.

chocolatelover

Post by chocolatelover » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:27 am

I have only been in Guldorand for less than a year, but it does seem to be growing. More and more players are starting to make Guldorand their base, which is awesome because it felt so incredibly empty when I first came. For those who don't know, Guldorand was new about three and a half years ago. It takes time to build a community from scratch, so kudos to those initial players who came to Guldorand to begin building a community.
When I first started Arelith I kept hearing comments about Guldorand being empty, so I made it Aria's goal to prove that Guldorand could be the great RP hub that other places on Arelith were. I can't say Aria has actually done much to get it there, but watching it grow and gain more importance in the Arelith community has been fun.

LurkingShadow

Post by LurkingShadow » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:14 pm

Party in the forest at midnight wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:55 pm

I've had a lot of fun RPing with people there too, the city is great.

It is grand indeed! :)

chocolatelover wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:27 am

I have only been in Guldorand for less than a year, but it does seem to be growing. More and more players are starting to make Guldorand their base, which is awesome because it felt so incredibly empty when I first came. For those who don't know, Guldorand was new about three and a half years ago. It takes time to build a community from scratch, so kudos to those initial players who came to Guldorand to begin building a community.
When I first started Arelith I kept hearing comments about Guldorand being empty, so I made it Aria's goal to prove that Guldorand could be the great RP hub that other places on Arelith were. I can't say Aria has actually done much to get it there, but watching it grow and gain more importance in the Arelith community has been fun.

There was a time when we had a lot of traffic, last winter but it ebbed out again. But yes! It is getting more and more active and many people have worked towards this goal!

chocolatelover

Post by chocolatelover » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:32 am

So... everyone feel free to jump in with those that make Guldorand great!

1 - the DM team and city designer - because this city is gorgeous. And the idea of having two cities is one is brilliant. Keeps a constant sense of tension going.
2 - Anyone who ever RPed a government official, watch, or Garrison. Just keeping the city running is priceless. When Aria first arrived, Aleksander, Viveka, and Brauka were very welcoming and set the tone for Guldorand. And everyone in authority since then has added to it.
3 - The long-term town residents - Samantha, Angela, Gabriel, Gynnie, Chaesednra, Veras (who is back!) You all add so much flavor to this city.
4 - Newer denizens such as Jarl Crymm and Lord Max... always helping people ... you make people want to come to Guldorand!
6 - Myon peeps = you add the best elvish grace with a hint of snobbery to complete the package!

LurkingShadow

Post by LurkingShadow » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:05 pm

Last year at this time, Guldorand was pretty much on fire! No pun intended but those t imes around that fire! It was quite the amount of people growing over the spring from Sil and Alaina who used to sit there to more and more. Now many are gone from Guldorand. I remember a lot of people but forgotten so many names! Memory being bad! But new people and all now. It been one heck of a ride and I won't jump off it yet. I have to much fun and already being sentimental and nostalgic 1 year in to my RP time on Arelith!

LurkingShadow

Post by LurkingShadow » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:54 pm

From Viveka Blackstone via Salah to Brinjas current regime. My Sun Elf seen three rulers and three distinct and interesting eras of Guldorand. Sils roll in all three of them varied a lot but all three been interesting, spectacular eras of the city.

TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:02 pm

Guldorland is the true jewel of Arileth. I think some of the best times I have had RP'ing have been there and with people from there.

LurkingShadow

Post by LurkingShadow » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:15 am

TheDoctor wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:02 pm

Guldorland is the true jewel of Arileth. I think some of the best times I have had RP'ing have been there and with people from there.

Sure is! Its a very different dynamic to it compared to other places!

Bartz

Post by Bartz » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:23 am

I came to Guld with Vico over a year ago now and it's been great to see the city grow so much... what I love the most is probably the sense of inclusion from the citizens who live there to the governments who have run the city... so thanks to all those players who have brought the city to life and tried to keep the spirit of the city. You guys are awesome hehe 🙃

Aka: Vico Blake
Discord: Bartz#3621