Gyldenheim by Twohand

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Svrtr
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Gyldenheim by Twohand

Post by Svrtr » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:31 pm

Yes I know he said I made some great descriptions in the announcement but he over plays my hand in it. I only mentioned how cool a cloud giant castle dungeon would be in passing, he took the idea and ran with it. At most I have a name and description here and there but deserve no praise

Ergo this thread is dedicated to Twohand as Gyldenheim is well and truly his creation and his alone.

From being mechanically well designed such that it's challenging without ever seeming unfair, being what felt like just the right length ans never too unnecessarily long it felt great to run

Visually it looks amazing. From the skyline to the court yard to the library to the halls and to the lighting and all at the end of the dungeon (assuming you don't have enhanced visuals and your brightness up too high. If you do do yourself a favor and turn it down and enhanced lighting off) and it felt properly like a grand dungeon

Lore wise it encourages exploration and discovery and cross referencing IC events from other dungeons amazingly

It is undoubtedly my new favorite dungeon in every regard, something that rewards explorers and scholars and battle loving adventurers alike, and I feel confident in saying it is the best dungeon on the server

Therefore a massive kudos to Twohand for this monumental effort and glorious location

Ellisaria

Re: Gyldenheim by Twohand

Post by Ellisaria » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:00 pm

I had the pleasure of going with a group last night, and it was a blast even if the final room got almost everyone. It was great to see a new area with new lore and challenges. Well done, Twohand!

Fallout

Re: Gyldenheim by Twohand

Post by Fallout » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:18 am

Greetings, oh my TwoHand who would expect this from you? :)

I was there when it opened and at first i was not that struck even as intro was great, but as things build up you realize how genius is that part that you were maybe a bit slowed down, its dungeons like that (and luckily we have plenty) who set you in a certain mood and than build you up during it that gives me soo much fun. I totally liked the lore area, many times someone i the group said "oh guys you need to see this", i cant imagine how many hours it takes to make. A mix of wide areas with tight ones, is amazing.

Also that "touch" regarding that huge table at the end that one doesn't notice in first but does in second is genius, as well as refreshment and a sense of the heroic moment in the end.

You set your bar very high now, good luck with it m8! :)

KUDOS!!!