And So it was...

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Drogo Gyslain

And So it was...

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:03 am

A small glass bottle sits on the sand of a far away land. Corked with a bit of red wax, it is slowly lapped at by the waves of a never ending river.

Sitting on the Shores of Arvandor... from walking the planes one last time I write to you. I hope you are well and that you have found peace among the terrors of this world.

I've thought many things over the months I have had to contemplate the end, and the only thing I could bear to write, is have you had enough to eat? Did you get enough rest? And did you find happiness?

I miss you, and I hope you found balance, in the end.

May you walk safely, in Pale Moonlight.

Signed,

Dregan The Green.

And So it was... on the lapping shores of the plane of Arvandor, a small, tired green elf lay. Away from Cordor, far from Brog, and miles from Myon, in the arms of a friend, she quietly passed away, of Exhaustion.

Dregan was my very first character upon coming to Arelith, and she was my muse for many years. I've grown so much, and so much has changed since I first started playing my lovely little elf, growing her from a wandering ranger, to the Druid she so enjoyed being. There are so, so many people that impacted her story and while I could never want to leave anyone from her story out, here are just a few of the people that made every day on arelith a joy and enriched her story to no end.

Kent - You brought Dregan's life and breathed life into her story. From bar tales to underdark excursions, to walking the planes, there is not a day that goes by that I don't remember at least one of our antics. Thank you, for being so dynamic.

Charlotte Crowe - Dregan's story was built around that fateful day. So much came of her decisions that it shaped her into what made her a druid.

Jez - One of those she could not save, but she kept her memory alive long after. Dregan kept the scar from the final fight they had with her by choice, as a reminder of what could have been.

Emma Young - Dregan's only spouse, and secret keeper. Long live the Gauntlet. There is too much that can't be said about how grateful I am for the pleasure and opportunity to work side by side with Emma and spend her best years devoted to her wife.

Diana Nerelith - Dregan's Best friend, and forever planeswalking partner. Lucama will dearly miss you as well.

Simone - occasional partner in crime, forever rival and looked up to for inspirational speeches.

Anaria Liam'y'tholen - Dregan always remembered Anaria as a sister, the only elf she truly embraced as such. She was the only Coronal that Dregan truly served under, before beginning her path to Druidism.

Angela Amana - Long friends, she never forgot the beautiful talks they would have long into the night about some of the best topics and depths of magic. Never lose that beautiful spark.

Burin - There is nothing I could say that could do justice to the depth of Burin's character, and how much his impact had on Dregan in making her desire to keep the balance as much as she could manage. This is the way!

Veisha Calan - Dregan will never forget how much veisha did for her, and how much of a partner in crime she would become helping with the druid's circle and their escapades thru guldorand. Enjoy being a playwrite and theater manager!

Aliana Drake - The Eagerest, most spunky Aliana and Sir Snuffles, Lucama's favorite badger friend.

I couldn't leave out Calumithar, and DM Avalon, thank you for so many Fey-corgi interactions over the years!

And so many more. I look forward to playing with all your new characters and keep evolving. Dregan's story may be over for me, but I look forward to starting a new chapter and marking a new age. See you all in the next life.

Disaster Lesbian

Re: And So it was...

Post by Disaster Lesbian » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:06 am

From friend, to partner, to lover - even fiancee for a time, Dregan and Vei's time together was a wild ride all around. From the long philosophical talks, to business, and nonsensicle - Dregan had such an impact on Veisha, in more ways that I can put into words.

The final moments were touching, though no moment wasn't. It had been a pleasure in every scene, and it saddens me that Vei won't be able to interact with a woman she loved for so long.

Player Of:
Veisha Calan - Active;
Vanna Orthae-Orseeva - Rolled; Has become a Human Shade
Liliana Elossa -Rolled; Fighting Fiends in Avernus
Szol Shadowclaw - Rolled; Gone to rend kneecaps
Sariah N'landroshien -Rolled; Has become one with the Hag

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:31 am

Awe, this made me sad to read. We sure did have some great times and I’m sad we lost touch. I hope to see you around again.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

In Sorrow We Trust
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:12 am

this brought back memories... i wondered where Dregan got off to. it was always delightful to play with you

Glowing Mushroom
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:48 am

Burin and Dregan were very close, and it was incredible watching the character of Dregan grow. At a time when Dregan was at her lowest, Burin was one of the few to have her back and give her the support she needed. Drogo went on to give to Burin what is, in my opinion, one of if not the greatest compliments a fellow RPer could give, which is to permanently alter their own character based on influenced RP, when Dregan took a physical mark of one of the runes of Burin's ravens. This is symbolism at its finest, but more than that, OOCly, it was a great honor for me and something I evidently have not forgotten.

Thank you for all of the wonderful stories over the years. If anyone is deserving of being able to rest in peace at long last, it is Dregan. May she do so undisturbed.

Burin the Earthly.

HappyHippie

Post by HappyHippie » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:38 am

There is so much I could share …. But the truth is, where do I begin?

Diana met Dregan during a pinnacle time in her life. And I’d like to think they both wore off on each other a bit. Dregan the Green. Dregan the Daring and Kind. The tiny elf with a huge heart. She didn’t know Diana very long before standing between her and the Coronal, asking for Diana’s life to be spared. Such a grand gesture for someone she barely knew, that jumpstarted such a genuine and pure friendship. And then …. When Di got her drunk …. Drunk Dregan was a lot of fun, but it was perhaps more fun because it was part of the package.

Diana is a very passionate person, and unfortunately not many people get her. But Dregan did. We had amazing moments exploring and growing both of our characters, there are way way too many to name. Lol they pretty much almost went to war for each other, on multiple and all different occasions. But know that both I and Diana will forever treasure Dregan.

I pictured Diana traveling up to the Crags after receiving word about Dregan, to the spot of one of their rituals. Settling into the quiet with a few bottles of whiskey in hand and two glasses.

“I think one of my favorite feelings is laughing with someone and then realizing halfway through how much you enjoy them and their existence.” Diana deeply enjoyed her and her existence.

Onto our next adventure, my friend.

"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity." - Joseph Addison

Diana Wyndyr - Active
Gyda Skógr - Semi-Active
Melina Willows - Shelved