Farewell from the Cloudpaws

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

MintoCloudpaw

Farewell from the Cloudpaws

Post by MintoCloudpaw » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:30 pm

I'm going to keep this one short and sweet, because Minto simply has too many friends and so much great RP to look back on to list every name. See my previous kudos and add on all my new Cordor pals!

Special thanks to all those that served in my cabinet and in the Cordor Guard while Minto was Chancellor and while Griffy was Captain. I had a blast leading you all, and I hope that you had as much fun as I did.

It was nice to be lured back from shelving Minto for one last story; even if it ended faster than expected. Minto has long been my favourite character and his stories have always just struck the right chord for me. Having Griffy along for the ride has made the story really amazing, and Minto's many friends have really added a lot to the RP.

I never expected a character I made to be a lovable booknerd that hung out in Bendir's library would become Mayor and Chancellor, known across the isle with friends in all towns; but that's the fun of RP. The unexpected happens. We each tell our part of a narrative and together we see what story happens.

Minto is the character I'm most proud of; having made it to leadership of two settlements and written 51 books in game. But it was really Griffy and Minto as a team that allowed us to make our mark on the world. I think that's the part I find sweetest of their tale. Their little romance and their unending love for each other empowered them both to make a difference in the world; and to still get their happily ever after.

After discussing it with Griffy's player, we decided it was time for the two to move on. We've had our time in the spotlight and it's time for others to shine brightly; I look forward to what new stories are made.

Since the Encylopedia Arelithica is broken now, I've uploaded the books to my google docs instead: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Thank you for all the RP, may you all weave your own special narratives.

Cthuletta

Re: Farewell from the Cloudpaws

Post by Cthuletta » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:46 pm

Definitely gonna miss this dynamic duo! Both of the Cloudpaws have been wonderful with all their stories and development, Minto in particular is one of my favourite characters I've ever had the pleasure to RP with. <3 You Both!

Juniper Oakley - A Little Bitey

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil

Mythic

Post by Mythic » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:12 pm

When I first invited you to play Minto, I was hoping you had a relaxing and fun time. And then Minto became such a huge character in both Bendir, and then Cordor. And I am extremely happy to have gotten the time to RP so much with you.

Whatever you choose next, or even a break. You're always welcome to come play more with us

Howling around all year long

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:38 am

While I only ever had the chance to RP with Minto during his time as Chancellor (which ended far too quickly), his name and presence were felt all across Arelith. A name my own scholar PC had seen many times; it was a true treat to finally meet the halfling legend in person rather than merely reading his works.

Thank you for all you have done and tried to do in order to make Arelith a more enjoyable place for all players. Good and Evil alike. Whatever comes next, I wish you the best, be it on a new PC or IRL.

With Darkness and Silence

Post by With Darkness and Silence » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:16 am

Loved Minto. He was good to Sythaeryn. I think story time in Bendir Dale was one of the most memorable things for him.

Also Griffy was a friend!

Akzeriuth900

Post by Akzeriuth900 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:15 pm

Both good friends of Urshak, and major parts of his life and career. Griffy was the best Captain I could have hoped for, and Minto always lead with kindness and fairness when he was Chancellor.

I hope whatever you two decide to do, that one day our paths cross again. Urshak sends hugs to both, and thank you for everything you've done for him and me when he was lost.

MintoCloudpaw

Post by MintoCloudpaw » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:41 pm

Thank you all for the sweet words. Meant to post this with the original kudos, but it just finished! I present the Cloudpaw family; enjoying life together.

chocolatelover

Post by chocolatelover » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:11 pm

Well, what an opportunity I missed! Ever since Aria received a misdirected hin from Mayor Minto, she always wanted to do exploring or something with him.

Minto will be remembered on the island for a very long time! (Sorry - I didn't have much chance to meet Griffy)