The DMs, Devs and Admins

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

DM Poppy

The DMs, Devs and Admins

Post by DM Poppy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:09 pm

When you leave Arelith, forever seems like a sure thing. But it never seems to last. Just have a quick poke around to see what has changed and who has changed and in no time at all you find yourself looking at the clock and praying it's broken, crawling to bed at 1AM.

Even now, after all this time it's always incredible to be reminded on how dedicated Arelith's team's are. The DM's, the Devs and the Admins are constantly working in the background.. Trade Unions would not stand for the hours that the Arelith Team work to make this server great.

I've been on that side of the server, so I have seen first hand and experienced personally how much labour goes into this server. Honestly, the people behind it all never really could be praised enough. But every once in a while I think it's nice to remind them, that even though the feedback can be harsh and the experience can be mind numbing... that a lot of people around the world are better for it and that it is vastly appreciated.

I personally will always be incredibly grateful for all of the teams.

Lots of love
Poppy

I'm the nice one.. I promise :twisted:

Gaal

Re: The DMs, Devs and Admins

Post by Gaal » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:59 pm

DM Poppy wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:09 pm

When you leave Arelith, forever seems like a sure thing. But it never seems to last. Just have a quick poke around to see what has changed and who has changed and in no time at all you find yourself looking at the clock and praying it's broken, crawling to bed at 1AM.

Even now, after all this time it's always incredible to be reminded on how dedicated Arelith's team's are. The DM's, the Devs and the Admins are constantly working in the background.. Trade Unions would not stand for the hours that the Arelith Team work to make this server great.

I've been on that side of the server, so I have seen first hand and experienced personally how much labour goes into this server. Honestly, the people behind it all never really could be praised enough. But every once in a while I think it's nice to remind them, that even though the feedback can be harsh and the experience can be mind numbing... that a lot of people around the world are better for it and that it is vastly appreciated.

I personally will always be incredibly grateful for all of the teams.

Lots of love
Poppy

AXIOS!

They do a wonderful job! I am thankful for all the enjoyment I have had and continue to have on this server.

Perem, El Grotto de Gnome

Lewtzy

Post by Lewtzy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:18 pm

I cannot even begin to fathom what the DM's have to put up with on a daily base, and the amount of voluntary hours the Devs put into the server.

This has lead to Arelith being what it is this day and I for one and immensely grateful for it so I'm happy let this slide into a weird complimentary post from me to them. So, for a bit of short sighted extra kudo's from me to a few people who've been extra special to my personal experience on Arelith.

Since DM Poppy opened this post, let's start with them.
I've been helped by them in the past and they were incredibly helpful and prepared to listen to the issue to find out if anything was actually wrong and help fix it. This all with some humor to keep it light ICly was very pleasant to experience.

DM Wriath since they scared the heck out of me when they invited me for a private talk one time. (it all ended positively).

Dev Action Replay for his incredible work on the sailing system and around it. This system has lead to hours, No.. Months, and I expect years, of amazing RP with incredible people on this server. Some of them have been able to set themselves into legendary positions of recognition by other characters and players alike.

Dev Twohand for the additions and alterations to some of the PC and NPC ships and (dungeon) areas out there.

Dev (DM?) Starfish for all of the fishing updates which have given Arelith an extra layer of trade and RP that was dull at best before.

Dev Kenji for adding Liberator, Vigilante, Brawler+Pugilist. Those things have each helped my build out concepts that have lead to months of fun RP and will do so in the future.

Admin Kalopsia for their continuous work on classes and the server as a whole. (and the Character sheet which I have to admit, I use A LOT)

Admin MalKalz for dedicating a lot of their knowledge and time to the server even though they stepped away before.

Now of course I could go on and on. And as I started this listing I realized I could keep typing.. Almost everything that makes Arelith, has been hand crafted by someone with love for the server.

I'll say it again, I am immensely grateful for it.

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aradin » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:25 pm

I'll always throw on some appreciation for the team. Thank you for crafting the sandbox we get to play in (for free, no less!).

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:48 am

Thank you all so much for your hard work, time, investment, and skills. Without all of you doing what you do, there would be no Arelith.

Fallout

Post by Fallout » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:07 pm

Arelith is incredible story as a whole and DMing is vital piece of it, i can see how hard it is so i cant but to wonder why and how these people even have time and passion for all of this, from where it comes? 🤣

Mega kudos!❤

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:26 pm

Edens_Fall wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:48 am

Thank you all so much for your hard work, time, investment, and skills. Without all of you doing what you do, there would be no Arelith.

+1 ❤️