Estelle Misthollow - Shelving Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

CountlessSkies

Estelle Misthollow - Shelving Kudos

Post by CountlessSkies » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:43 am

Hello everyone!

It's been a lovely 2 years full of fun, roleplay, and fun roleplay. I got to know dozens of people, made many friends, and changed for the better as a person. Just like Estelle, my second-ever character: a no-award human rogue, with a busted statline, who started as a LE Blackguard of all things. I never imagined that this adventure would last so long, or that it would be so flavourful; but, through multiple alignment changes, through patching up Estelle's build to something usable (actually pretty good!), through RP pathways that I never would have envisioned when first making the character, she secured a firm spot as my most beloved character.

It's that spontaneity that made her hard to play: the character became what she became in spite of the odds, defying her initial design. With no biological family, she had a hard time getting allies. And having gone through a dramatic redemption arc, and been influenced strongly by Cordor's laws around 175-176, she became rather rigid in her beliefs, unwilling to adapt when the laws were relaxed to include more evil characters.

That's the primary reason I shelved her: Estelle was an uncompromising reactionary, in an ever-evolving city, and such characters are very hard to play in a manner that provides fun and satisfaction. I could have moved her to a different settlement, but I decided to make that settlement an off-screen one. She now sails for Baldur's Gate to take a cleric's vows.

And since none of this would have been possible in isolation, because all character development happens through cooperation, I would like to give thanks to everyone who's been involved in her story, in no particular order.

House Misthollow

• Calli Dragoford: the first person who was actually enthused to join Estelle's House, quickly becoming a dear, supportive friend who'd give Estelle confidence and a frequent reprieve from sorrow. The player is very kind, and on an OOC level, has helped me find countless new friends. Without question, Calli and her player have made me a happier person in real life.

• Hilde Ragnarrsdottir: another strong influence on Estelle: it was her who convinced her to stop using black hair dye. She fostered confidence in the lady, supporting her in every matter, but being unafraid to interject in contentious issues, correct mistakes, or voice her dissatisfaction: all things that were appreciated. A strong leadership figure for all the Misthollows, it was sad to see her go.

• Avelle Ravenmoor: in brief, a silly goober, always lightening the mood with outrageous jests.

• Maya Kaimana: your timely and context-appropriate wisdoms always put a smile on my face, as soon as I read your "There is a saying..." catchphrase.

• Catores Pollux: a firm and steadfast sister in faith, fostering House Misthollow's religious focus.

• Lora Thendry: similarly, has added to House Misthollow's religious focus.

• Aedan: the New Guy, I'm sorry that your career in the House didn't last.

• Siobhan: first a friend, then a follower, then a traitor, our story together was amongst that which kept me playing throughout Estelle's first year in Cordor.

• Providence: from being hated as a warlock, to supported through a dangerous redemption, to becoming a trusted retainer, this librarian experienced the full progression of Estelle's brand of mercy.

• Freppi Flickerflame: a mentor and friend who jumpstarted Estelle's redemption arc in her backstory, and later joined us in Cordor.

• Niffaniel: beloved friend, moth, silly goober, chittering noise emitter.

House Rivorndir

• Ginny: has affected Estelle's development in a major fashion, whether by teaching political wisdom, or by trying to teach such wisdom (and having it be defiantly rejected by Estelle). In-character disagreements were many, and time didn't permit us to roleplay often, but in ways overt and subtle, Ginny was a strong influence on Estelle's character development.

• Aldros: hosted a massive gathering that eventually saw Estelle ennobled, and many months later, the Noble Council.

• Dameon Wade: not a lot of interaction, but he was a figure Estelle would look up to as Magistrate.

• Najih: still a sorely missed friend, Estelle maintains a belief that he had good intentions, no matter how many times his name has been dragged through the mud--not that she necessarily disagrees with all of the condemning arguments.

• Flamma: single-handedly supplied at least 80% of House Misthollow's book-related projects, also a fine friend.

• Khara'gos: intimidating fella, I liked your fixture descriptions.

Order of Ascension & Fellowship of the Crystal Song

• Xalden Grantz: a valiant brother in faith to look up to, Estelle respects him for his success with the Order.

• Alis Dionadair: likewise, Estelle looks up to Alis' leadership skills, as well as her stoic and uncompromising beliefs. They've had a rather bad moment, at one point, but parted at last as friends.

• Max Storm: another brother in faith, Estelle was honoured and glad to influence and test him, through his ultimately successful bid for knighthood.

• Laurene, Sedaene, Kaetid & others: just wonderful characters played by good friends, I'm sad that we could not RP more.

Others

• Tommy Bendt: one of Estelle's truest and closest friends, despite her controversial nature.

• Seitera: another controversial friend, is this a pattern? Seitera came to Estelle's aid when she was at her lowest point, multiple times. When she suggested sailing, it gave my character a final ambition to work towards, and although it never came to be, I hope you will continue that legacy.

• Sythaeryn: who even are you? Enigmatic friend, appearing and disappearing as the wind directs him.

• Alathiel Crelyvia: during Estelle's amnesia arc, you helped her recover her memories by way of hypnosis therapy.

• Thomas Castemont: likewise contributed to Estelle's amnesia arc; and in the years to come, though there were many disagreements, Thomas remained a figure that proved, to Estelle, that Cordor still isn't completely lost to evil.

• Alutora Aracaryn: merchant friend, and a talented artist whose paintings would decorate the House manor throughout Estelle's story.

• House Nuhl: we didn't have much time, but I enjoyed what little time we did have.

• House Eldafire: ditto. Supporting you for the Council was a privilege, and going for a sail the very same day, followed by a Red Dragon Isle run, gave our characters' friendship a sort of down-to-earth atmosphere that I thoroughly enjoyed.

• Evelyn Ashevale: though you never managed to achieve your ambition, Estelle stood ready to support you in your bid, having been convinced of the truth of your words.

• Stasya Volodyaevna Mescherskaya: we never did have that friendly conversation...

• Aldric, Donaldo, Choeiya: blacksmiths viciously oppressed by Estelle for copper ingots. Thanks for supplying her endless alchemy demands.

• Morrigan (the animator banite): we had a good chat just before her execution!

• Cinders, Urshak, Bengus, Lefric: excellent military superiors, you made pvp combat feel less daunting.

• Clarissa and Vasilisa: our adventures and dealings were nothing spectacular, but the RP was greatly enjoyable.

• The Lyves: ship sailors in 175, Estelle would emulate your policies and leadership seven years later. Greatly respected and admired for their achievements.

• Mariangel: you made Estelle part of her largest DM plot, as defence counsel in your trial. Thank you! It had an enormous effect on shaping my character's attitude towards law and justice.

• Albet, Abigail, the Almshouse & Lotus staff: you've been vaguely supportive figures throughout, and notably hosted the party for Estelle's farewell. Thank you!

• Taestra, Carmellia, Maev: the Justice Squad. We had many disagreements about the state of Cordor, and about morality's friction with the letter of the law--this despite Estelle being a Tyrran.

• Laelia: sparring opponent, fellow sailor, and occasional conversational partner.

• Lord Blacktooth: gave Estelle a bunch of money AND a shop, when she was in a bad financial position.

• Lor: I hope you win the next election, and if not, you still have the lifespan advantage on these humans.

• Christian Kalloron: even more uncompromising than Estelle, when it comes to morality.

• ...And everyone else: I cannot remember all of you, but I wish to thank everyone who contributed to Estelle's story, from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited by CountlessSkies on Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kohuda

Re: Estelle Misthollow - Shelving Kudos

Post by Kohuda » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:22 pm

Estelle always was a pleasure to have around and an altogether good/fun bean. Cordor will feel more empty without her in it.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:25 pm

I never really had a chance to RP much, but I always enjoyed seeing your PC flutter about the city, giving life and flare to its various politics.

Enjoy your next PC to come!

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:02 pm

It was great getting to know your character finally. It was a long time coming as Celestia always wanted to know more about her too!

It was a lot of fun, even the misadventure in sailing XD

Can't wait to see what you do next!

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:10 pm

Amazing character.

I fondly remember Ylsa and Estelle's days on Skal and beyond.

Hin_Justice

Post by Hin_Justice » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:56 am

I know Byrny will miss her. She was the first noble to call her both a friend and ally and their whole conversation about colors and symbols symbology was a memorable one.

Barrister Byrny Nuhl
Cordor Public Defender
Castellan, Castle Gloom

Aeryeris

Post by Aeryeris » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:51 am

Estelle has been around Cordor for close to 3 years. It's strange to see her go. At the same time, I'm excited for your next project.

So long, philosopher and zealot of justice and good. I shall miss you.

Currently playing: Ginny Fairlen

98lbs of sad carryweight

Post by 98lbs of sad carryweight » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:43 am

GG WP

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:27 am

Estelle was one of the first Cordorians Thomas met and always found a connection with in their desire for justice. I look forward to seeing what comes next!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

MarkRed

Post by MarkRed » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:38 pm

Always loved interacting with Estelle, from Mark to Warre and everyone in between!

The goodbye scene with Mark is still one of my favorite moments on Arelith!

Table&Chair Brick Wall | RedKnight Quartermaster | World's friendliest Tormite | Average Book Enjoyer Luskan | Stutter Elf Archer | Pie Goddess' #1 Fan | Best Slave Luskan | Deadpanned Luskan |

Communication, the only thing that matters.

Nerdy Birdie

Post by Nerdy Birdie » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:48 pm

Estelle will be missed! It was such a delight writing with you, even through the moments of struggle that came between Alis and Estelle. I'm eager to see what comes next.

Currently Playing:

Nasime el Sarkisian - Active Main
Alis Dionadair - Active Main
Teddy Wolfheart - Shelved