Temple Sermons

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

RootBeerFloat

Temple Sermons

Post by RootBeerFloat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Thanks to Oliver Lane for another great weekly sermon. I know you put a lot of time into writing them. Each week has been fun and interesting. Thanks to all the players who show up and support some religious and temple RP! I look forward to future ones!

zeylin17
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Temple Sermons

Post by zeylin17 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:49 pm

I wasn't even there, but how does one top a Divine Smite during a sermon?! I mean! woot! ;p But seriously!

Kudos!! truly good stuff, how a real priest shows his devotion. Like a Boss!

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:05 am

Thirded! XD Though Mystra stepped in on that last one, like Junior says!

We <3 your sermons, Ollie.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

Sabines

Post by Sabines » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:30 am

Oliver, with his studied rhetoric, is a great priest, and a great character. The role of a
preacher is a difficult part to play, one that is often badgered and second-guessed by an apathetic public.

The Mystrans, and their conflict with the Sharrans (who deserve an equal kudos), give a lot of life and excitement to the often dull streets of Cordor. Thankyou for what you are all doing, and keep it up!
"Yeah, she was in great pain! Then we cut off her head, and drove a stake through her heart, and burned it, and then she found peace."

HinAttack
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by HinAttack » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:19 pm

Thank you all for the Kudos, but as with anything, it is a group effort:
Kudos to our bag pipe playing dwarf! Really adds a flair to the sermons!
Kudos to Kristofer Edgerton for getting on an hour early and badgering everyone with speedy's telling them the sermon is about to begin - also, your artwork is incredible!
Kudos to Galadanur Te'dwa for using his magic to make everything sparkly before the sermon
Big Kudos to Layla Rashmi for adding conflict to the Mystrian experience. At first I was a bit put off by the route of rp this person was taking, but she really pulls it off and has been a great antagonist for the mystrians.
And a big Kudos to all the folks we are getting, 16+ a week. The discussion afterwards is always fun.
I appreciate you all making the sermons fun and exciting.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Glad you guys are having fun. I try to make things entertaining for the opposition as much as I can... which is a lot harder since Layla's not invited to the sermons anymore, no matter how many notices say "all faiths welcome" :P

Seriously, though, it looks like you've got quite a few people interested in what you're doing and showing up to your gatherings, so you must be doing something right.
Layla Rashmi: Fighting off alien monsters and sleeping with Amazon Moon Maidens... FOR SCIENCE!

RootBeerFloat

Post by RootBeerFloat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:39 am

Thank you to all the players who showed up tonight for the sermon! It always becomes much bigger than Ollie's planned sermon with fun player additions from eveyone. You just never know how it will end:)

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:44 am

Ack! I'm sorry! Lyssa would have been there, but I think I was offline at work!
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday