Gar Greybeard

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Drake Strongfist

Gar Greybeard

Post by Drake Strongfist » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:56 am

Ok I'm going to start this by saying...if this character doesn't have a 50 rpr then someone, somewhere isn't paying attention!!

Now that, that's over.... Very recently I had two interactions with this character on an intimate level. The first showed one thing very clearly... Even though you don't see the leader of your settlement "doing" things, doesn't mean that they aren't. Kudos to Gar on this point. Brog couldn't hope for a better leader.

The second.... When faced with an interactions that could have went two ways...either "Begone, you're banished from our lands." or.... "Ok lets see what we can do." This player chose to take the high road, sacrificing the joy of his own character in order to promote rp with a secondary character (which just happened to be me at the time). I literally witnessed this person "bend their rp" (in an crazy huge way) in order to promote the rp of the other people around him.

Kudos to you sir! I hope I was able to shed light on to your level of rp while still not giving too much of our story away. You are fantastic and I am always happy to be able to interact with you even if its just for the brief moments we can steal away here and there due to time zone issues.

Keep on keeping on brother and continue to be awesome sir! I look forward to many more fun times in the very near future!

One more time before I finish...if you aren't rp'ing with this guy....then your doing it wrong! Seriously find a reason for your character to interact with him. You won't be disappointed.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Gar Greybeard

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:20 am

Agree, he develops a great concept and always a matching one.

But there are four dwarves "Brogs' Style" that deserve a wide and deep mention:

1. Gar Greybeard
2. Takthar Eisgrim
3. Broind Keghlisghter
4. Doili Troff

(5. Balthur... ah, he is a Wharftown one... but I will include him cause he does a brilliant dwarvish RP)

The dwarves above mentioned are not the only shiny dwarven RPers, but are those that I watched always helping other players without lose a puond of their dwarvish RP excellence.
They deserve indeed to inhabit the Golden halls since they are all golden players.

Agree with Gar, and kudos too for the other aswell (and apologies if I couldn't mention all others that also and surely deserved to be included in that list, but those are the more brilliant I noticed.

Shame for Arelith if any of them left the server anytime, cause the dwarves will be lossing some of their earthkin legends.
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

God In Action

Post by God In Action » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Although I haven't recently played my dwarf, Gar and all the others have never been anything but stellar. I literally can't recommend a better faction to join. I'm just sorry that my other character has been attracting my attention of late.

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Artos13 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:25 pm

I agree with said kudos. He was also very pleasant, helpful and easy to work with when I sought his input on Brog updates a few months ago. So, even on an OOC level, he's a good guy :)

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:53 pm

One of the best things about playing my Deepwarden when I first got back to Arelith a few months ago, was the chance to play with Gar.

Xantor_Stromgate
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Xantor_Stromgate » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:36 am

"The impossible is possible. Simply believe in me as I believe in you ..."

-SP

X
It's all peaches 'n' cake!