Kudos for the Defeat of the Army of Light.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

DM_Ironfist

Kudos for the Defeat of the Army of Light.

Post by DM_Ironfist » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:27 am

I am delighted to announce the conclusion of most of my main plot Arc. Sans loose ends I might throw at you later. This concludes the main thing I've been running as a DM, and my only major quest arc of this tenure. It's been an utter blast terrorising, tormenting, killing, maiming and otherwise doing horrible things across Arelith. Admist all of that, a few players/characters/towns stood out to me that deserve special Kudos.

Amadeo -
I've no idea how you always managed to turn up. Everywhere. All the time. Thwarting things. I was amazed by you as a player, I remain so as a DM. The roleplays good, the thinking is impressive, the ability to take defeat and victory in the same step is unmatched.

Serafine -
Bah humbug. If you ever need a player to slay something, this Knight has it all. But underneath that horrible dragon slaying statline, there's a character there it's a pleasure to torment, full of emotions and emotes, where every action has a little consequence.

Amana -
Throughout the whole plotline, Amana seemed to give things consistence and leadership. Despite a mixture of being flattened (literally, in one case) or running away in every battle, she played a major part in the storyline by organizing, motivating and leading other characters to do 'something.'

Alair -
I'm sad you wern't there at the end. Your roleplay during all of this has been second to none. Grim determination, steadfastness in the face of evil, personal suffering. A character with a thousand weaknesses and strengths, who made everything that happened matter.

The Arcane Tower - (And in particular the Conclave)
You guys did a wonderful job at putting up with your unwelcome guests at first. The bitterness and resentment that slowly turned into rightous anger was fun. I appologise for not being able to be around enough to make the occupation, such as it was, more fun, but for the time you were involved it was excellent fun.

Wharftown and it's waymen.
I ended up basing an awful lot of things, both good and outright horrible in Wharftown. Indeed, I nearly burned it down twice. The reason I pick on you, little fishfolk, is there I had the most fun. People were around. Often. (I kept wanting to attack Guldorland, but no-one was ever home). They reacted, rallied, died, fought, won and celebrated with the best of them. No attack was ever boring, you never acted like you knew you'd win. Every time it was a random collection of characters half of which I'd never heard of before, and every time you rocked.

I've had a blast as a DM thus far. I'm not gone now, I remain till Mith fires me, but you'll likely see lots less of me doing horrible things to you all. No more Golems, or random armies of Zombies, and no more town burning.

Thank you.

The Prophet Of Light and Dark

Re: Kudos for the Defeat of the Army of Light.

Post by The Prophet Of Light and Dark » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:31 am

Thanks for the greatness! I really appreciated the kind words you send me in-game in regards to how you like Rokin's RP. I hope we can do it again sometime ^^ You run an epic event!

DestroyerOTN

Post by DestroyerOTN » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:07 am

Army of light stuff done? Dang... never got the chance to be a big part.

I've seen some of your work though. Keep that train of good stuffs a-rollin'!
"Playin' nobody, no how since AR 112"
Griefmaker wrote:Personal choices regarding RP which[..] limit a character in some way[…] should in no way be an argument for changing something on the server

DirtyDeity

Post by DirtyDeity » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:19 am

DM_Ironfist wrote: No more Golems, or random armies of Zombies, and no more town burning.
Thank you.
Are you really expecting us to believe that?

Winter83

Post by Winter83 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:20 am

Dat was an awesome questline, Iron! I really loved every moment of it.
And I hope that now as all is done that sealed door to Glorag Mur will be openable? Yes, please? :)

DM_Ironfist

Post by DM_Ironfist » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:07 am

Winter83 wrote:Dat was an awesome questline, Iron! I really loved every moment of it.
And I hope that now as all is done that sealed door to Glorag Mur will be openable? Yes, please? :)
There's a man called Artos you'll need to see about that...

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:19 am

For Morkhav was an infinite pleasure to have the chance to end this chapter of his life since he stunned (slayed?) and jailed that preacher of the "unholy" Army of Light when the threat started to spam the island...

Was cool be part of the last stand against the threat and being the one delivering the fatal blow on the Lady of Light! :twisted:
This was an awesome gift for him due all the anger acumulated against the AoL threat. (A bit sad that we found she was infact a celestial instead a deviless disguised as celestial as I am pretty sure many of us though untill her final deceass by natural reasons...)

- Thanks to the lucky timing that made me log on Morkhav when I am dropping on his activity lately!
- Thanks and kudos to Amana for be calling on Morkhav to join the war-partyfor this chance!
- Thanks to the fellows who were making posible this heroic counter attack!
(Amadeo Pneuma, Kaliyah Serafine, Laura Sinclair, i'Blanca, Rokin...)

- And definitively, thanks and kudos to DM_Ironfist because he developed an awesome work preparing everything to give us a memorable event!

(I updated the Timeline with this btw)

And... kudos to Artos13 for return us Glorang Mur as the dungeon it was prior to this! (Was one of my favourite dungeons lol) ...hmm.. this could be a great timing so the dwarves recovered this ancient dwarf facility... (hint-hint)
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Barradoor
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Barradoor » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:20 am

DM_Ironfist wrote: The Arcane Tower - (And in particular the Conclave)
You guys did a wonderful job at putting up with your unwelcome guests at first. The bitterness and resentment that slowly turned into rightous anger was fun. I appologise for not being able to be around enough to make the occupation, such as it was, more fun, but for the time you were involved it was excellent fun.

I've had a blast as a DM thus far. I'm not gone now, I remain till Mith fires me, but you'll likely see lots less of me doing horrible things to you all. No more Golems, or random armies of Zombies, and no more town burning.

Thank you.
I had so much fun! Ama got to be angry at something for once instead of being a little grandma type elf lady.
Well..
Angry at something she should've been. I am glad that you let the tower do this. I wish Zackary Mennan had hung around for more, he did a lot of great rp with it.
10/10
Mithreas wrote:get good
eters wrote:I will try to resonate with you in a way you can understand
Peppermint wrote:if Barradoor is the voice of reason you know things have taken a horrible turn
Barradoor wrote:
!!HIGH LEVEL MECHANICS BELOW!!

Kashisjonny

Post by Kashisjonny » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:29 am

Very twisted but enjoyable event, with a grand ending, the final bosses were my favourites.

I have a lot of respect for how you tell your tales, even if you did cost me 50% of my scroll and healing potion supply because i'm too stubborn to die to a dirty dm.

Gg well done. Many kudos to people involved too.
Wishes : Wall-E is Cyborg Jesus.

Elena

Post by Elena » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:23 pm

I feel sorry for not being able to be a helpful part in solving quests / make quests advance. But I enjoyed the quest, whenever it developed around Laura. I'm still learning from the masters and mistresses mentioned :)

I was a bit sad, that it actually wasn't a Demon in disguise though, but you can't have it all, can you *G*

Kashisjonny wrote:...you did cost me 50% of my scroll and healing potion supply because i'm too stubborn to let clerics heal me
I fixed that for you :mrgreen:
Might I respectfully suggest playing the game, rather than indulging in speculation about how we might screw the game up in future? - Mithreas, 2014

jp.ping14

Post by jp.ping14 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:11 pm

It was a fun run. Never saw the story as much as I would like to, but those times when I did, I was pretty intrigued. Died a few times, and was actually tempted to let go for a perma... only thing holding me back is that I want to see more.

Never got to the ending, but I believe that it was an epic one. I'll be waiting for this at the EA, this is going to be a good read.

Winter83

Post by Winter83 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:52 am

Overarching questlines like these moved a lot of different players. Brought a lot of roleplay. Like the fortification of Wharftown. Investigations here and there. And stimulating tavern talk, rumor mongers, conspiracy theories. Ohman if you knew what kind of theories we came up with! :D

Quests like these do good to the server.