Gragor's Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Lumbering old orcblood

Gragor's Kudos

Post by Lumbering old orcblood » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:40 pm

There have been many wonderful players and DMs that Gragor has had the pleasure of interacting with during his time on the isle. I am sure I will miss a few I should include, but the fault is my aging memory not the players and characters I have neglected to mention.

Andriarna A.K.A. Andy Dirtytoes;
Life on the isle would be much less fun without this delightfully complex, caring, dedicated, and downright goofy at times hin woman. I have seen her change remarkably since being talked into running for Mayor, and look forward to seeing her develop further.

Daisy Dirtytoes;
Another remarkable hin woman, Daisy has gone from subservient peasant lass to a spitfire and a credit to both Burrowhome and the Dirtytoes clan. Always an immersive player who brings the world a seriousness that enriches it greatly.

Liam Acre;
The most irritatingly fun lad to ever pester Gragor with unearned and unasked for titles. Watching Liam grow has been a rewarding experience, quite worth the aggravation of being called 'King Gragor' despite all Gragor's protestations. Seeing Liam's interactions with Gragor and all the other folk has helped make my time on the isle more enjoyable.

Larken Dirtytoes;
A richly detailed persona has emerged during my observations of Larken. He is the kind of character that makes me wish my own skills at RP were better developed, and reminds me that these characters can and should be fallible, flawed, and as 'human' as we can make them.

Neville Milo the Seventeemph of Clan Kneebreaker;
Wonderfully portrayed violent little pointy-toothed Neville, Gragor is at times quite glad that Neville has mellowed over the years, as he would have been a formidable adversary and is now a solid friend. My only regret regarding Neville is that I don't see him as much as I would like these days.

Roigrin Ranklert
Roigrin's RP has added a lot of flavor to the Burrowhome community, she seems able to befriend nearly anyone and add some fun to any adventure.

Steve;
Gentle giant Steve, a character that has evoked many emotions from Gragor and myself during our interactions. Keep up the good work Steve, and I look forward to future stories and adventures.

Jonathin Underleaf;
The closest thing Gragor has experienced to a hinnish adversary, Jonathin's fierce adherence to his convictions was very memorable. Another character I wish I had more interaction with, and hope to in the future.

Darrian Terringale;
A bit of a puzzle to Gragor, Darrian's constant machinations, schemes, and drive to build his company is both confusing to Gragor and an inspiration. Always a worthwhile time to be had when Darrian is about.

Nocturne;
One of the few point-ears Gragor has spent any time in the company of, Nocturne has created a memorable character that I look forward to knowing better.

Thanks to each and every character and player I have ever met in Arelith, named here or not. Keep the magic flowing people.

Kashisjonny

Re: Gragor's Kudos

Post by Kashisjonny » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:53 pm

Many thumbs up to your Half-Orc thus far. They are an underplayed race and whilst I do not mind the stereotypical Half-Orc, it's always great to see some go the more soldier/disciplined route?

Keep the Half-Orc going strong!
Wishes : Wall-E is Cyborg Jesus.

SteelsSweets
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SteelsSweets » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:20 pm

I have to say, watching Gragor evolve from a simple hired hand for just about any task Andy could think of to the caretaker of Greyhammer has been quite enjoyable as well.

During all the ups and downs, trials and tribulations Andy has had to endure, he has always been her rock. If she is fed up with "life" in the Burrow or is having some issue either major or minor, Gragor is always there with a few words of wisdom and the offer to go kill orcs.

I enjoy the many facets of this character. He has a rich backstory and a few personality quirks that make him very believable as a "person"

I look forward to seeing where his story takes him next and hopefully I will be along for the ride!
Discord: SteelsSweets#4815

s.t.a.l.k.e.r.

Post by s.t.a.l.k.e.r. » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Wow, I think that was the best kudos Ive ever received. Gragor is an amazing character, and it's been really great to see him change from the giant grumpy half-orc to the giant only-mostly-grumpy half-orc. Those tusk-filled smiles get me every time.

I'll teach you how to make a flawed character, if you can teach me character development ^~

Three cheers for Lord Gragor, King of Greyhammer!

SteelsSweets
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SteelsSweets » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Hip hip hooray!
Discord: SteelsSweets#4815

DaTexican

Post by DaTexican » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Gragor has been a great character to RP with and Roi always perks her ears up a bit when she smells him coming, as she eagerly awaits the treats he always brings her. It has been a pleasure running the bar, and tending the vineyard. Look forward to future RP!

Hip hip horray!
Be Prepared

If Valor Were Inches
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by If Valor Were Inches » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Gragor is definitely in my top 2 if not 1 of favorite half-orcs I've played with on my five years on the server. He feels half-orc without relying on stereotypes to make it work, and the things that make him unique isn't his back-story, or some physical element like height or weight, but plot elements he goes through in his development and the choices he makes. That is always wonderful to see.

Definitely better than some characters that have come out of stories of students in my lower level collegiate classes.

L3

Post by L3 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:57 am

Gragor's awesome. Thanks for kudo-ing Nev. BTW he's impressed with the village.