Post by Flower Power » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:42 am

honestly same
what would fred rogers do?

magistrasa

artist alley

Post by magistrasa » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:01 pm

remember when mystia was happy? yeah me too

remember when eli was happy? yeah me neither

btw i made a discord server for artists to do art-related activities. if you're an artist and you maybe wanna join in, i can give you an invite if you message me on discord (@magistrasa #1303)

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

magistrasa

When life gives you lemons

Post by magistrasa » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:42 pm

Mystia's life has taken a turn for the terrible, which means I get to enjoy a lot of angry artistic inspiration

Hlarnoth is my favorite and he has my permission to kill me irl

Also I have an art prompt bot in my artsy discord server, if you're an artist and you want to join me and the gang in trying to perfect our craft then shoot me a message and I'll give you an invite

Drawing Eli for that art prompt made me realize I really hate how I draw Eli so I drew a turnaround to help myself figure that out

Now I don't feel like writing anything else so enjoy

magistrasa

the songbird of selune

Post by magistrasa » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:03 pm

Days fade into a watercolor blur
Memories swim and haunt you
But look into the lake, shimmering like smoke
Rises the moon

listen, we dont need to worry about perspective

warning: extremely cursed image

and now a throwback to when i would be trapped at work with nothing but two pens and receipt paper to entertain myself with

magistrasa

patronize me

Post by magistrasa » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:00 am

ive been doing lots of work, some of which i cant even show you yet! but ill feed you what few scraps i can spare, hows this

i love it when they vibe and im sad that they will probably never vibe again

this started as a warmup sketch and then it turned out to be the only thing i drew that day. i had so many other things i had to be drawing and yet

what people think naexi is like vs what naexi is actually like

i should draw thancred more. theres a lot of untapped meme potential in this character that i am eager to exploit.

and last but not least, a pseudo-announcement? i am making a comic. this is probably peak narcissism but i'm honestly extremely proud of the work ive already put into this thing and thats really not a sentiment i often feel. it'll be 10 pages long and based off of arelith characters and im very excited to show everyone the finished product when it's done - but for those who just cant wait to see what i am able to cook up, mosey on down to my Patreon page! whenever i finish a page of the comic, i'll be posting it straight there for patrons to enjoy in real-time. i might even post periodic process breakdowns, if i find a rhythm to the workflow. this is all very experimental and exploratory and im not entirely sure what im doing, but im excited to figure this stuff out over time.

thats all for now folks \o/

magistrasa

sorry bunnysmack im wasting all my good ideas on nonsense

Post by magistrasa » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:35 pm

i literally cannot believe how inconsistent my style is, its incredible

-

-

magistrasa

no comment

Post by magistrasa » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:13 am

magistrasa

charity doodles & more

Post by magistrasa » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:48 am

i got some requests from a very generous donor to Adam Lambert's GoFundMe campaign (which i am still doing art for if you can show me proof of donation!), and these are the doodles and emoji i made for them!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

meanwhile these are all the non-charity related doodles i've made since my last post. enjoy them.

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Magistrasa's Doodle Dump

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:58 pm

LMAO who are these people to make such tremendously funny memes

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

magistrasa

Post by magistrasa » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:14 pm

who are these people
Good question! (I should probably include this information more often.) The characters depicted in prior posted memes are, in order of appearance (left to right, top to bottom):

Holden Devon, Elliara Wintercat, Joachim de la Luna
Andrew Gafferson
Tove Knudsdottir, Johnathan Rigsby, Eleron Runekeeper
Salasker Dusk
Miranda Magna, Perum Magna
Biam, Miranda Magna
Myzzrin Brightburst, Darion Guillare

All members of the Fool's Clover, Arelith's premier circus clowns. Be sure to catch one of their shows!

magistrasa

#bweirdOCtober

Post by magistrasa » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:42 am

Life's so crazy, y'all. I think these might be the best days of my life. Can't believe how blessed I am. Waking up every morning just happy with everything life has given me. It's funny to consider that not long ago I wasn't sure if I'd even have a roof over my head, now things are better than they've ever been. Idk why I'm sharing this exactly, but I just hope whoever's reading it gets a sense of optimism from it. Things get better, even when you don't expect them to.

Okay, sappy stuff out of the way with, I've been drawing a lot lately. But not a lot of it is Arelith related. If you're curious for whatever reason, I've been posting every day to my Twitter with entries following bweird's OCtober daily prompt list. I highly recommend people participate if they can because it's a lot of fun and I've learned a lot by doing it. Here's the entries I've made featuring Arelith characters.

When you asked what I'd like to learn -
My first thought was baking.

I'm much better suited to teach that than marksmanship.
Then... I'd like to learn that from you.
Not because I think it'll be a useful skill for me or anything, but because - it's something you enjoy.
And I want to share that with you.

Happily. Get an apron made ready.
Is that - a good reason?
The best reason.
I've also made at least one meme. It's not my best work, but you get what you get. If you can recognize its inspiration, congratulations.

And to round it all off, some miscellaneous doodles.

have a good one everybody

magistrasa

it's discount candy season boiz

Post by magistrasa » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:59 pm

i thought drawing every day would improve my skill as an artist, but im not really sure that it did. maybe i cant tell because it's hard to see your own growth and easy to see your own flaws. anyways, these are the last of the arelith-related OCtober drawings i made.

magistrasa

merry valentines year

Post by magistrasa » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:01 am

my ghost still haunts this realm and it still makes terrible memes. hopefully you are terrible enough to enjoy them.

also im trying to animate again but it turns out i never finish any of my attempts because its extremely difficult

i always feel like whenever i take a break from arelith i draw considerably less because this place is such a wellspring of creative inspiration and it just fuels my ambitions in a way nothing else can match. but ive been playing in a pen & paper game that im not Forever-DMing for once and it gets pretty close (memes sold separately)

magistrasa

out of the abyss and into the arelith

Post by magistrasa » Sat May 14, 2022 2:54 am

with a heavy heart, im sorry to report that i am playing arelith again. i know that this will disappoint a lot of people. please pray for me and my family while we navigate this difficult time together. though rest assured that, as a demonstration of personal growth, i promise this time i'm not playing a sharran or shar-adjacent character concept. i am instead playing a shameless self-insert. if you find any unbearable narcissists in-game that you wish you'd never interacted with, it's safe to assume that is me.

none of this art has anything to do with that though, but it's loosely related to arelith because i have been playing a p&p game with arelith people and it has been occupying my brain to predictably unhealthy levels.

heres a sketch trade i did with one of the other players

(i apologize for the blinding white backgrounds here)

return of the work doodles! i look forward to experiencing interactions in game that will inspire me to sketch terribly for the entertainment of others.

okay thats all

magistrasa

harrow gets hulk'd (june 2022, colorized)

Post by magistrasa » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:38 pm

me and some arelith people went to the islands of adventure with the intention of riding every roller coaster. we aborted the mission after only riding one. there is no photographic evidence of this real-life encounter so i did my best to capture its essence via artistic rendition.

additionally, memes:

i suspect my terrible work doodles will be making a roaring comeback now that my workplace has invested in blue-ink pens. apologies in advance.

(this one isnt technically from arelith but it features p&p characters played by arelith people)

magistrasa

city hall is run by the lizard mafia

Post by magistrasa » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:55 am

magistrasa

introducing: murderhimbo the arcane twinkster

Post by magistrasa » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:49 am

god has compelled me to return to the underdark and im about to make it everyone's problem

hello im back after a lengthy absence - all things considered i will probably be gone indefinitely yet again in approximately 20 weeks so don't worry, i promise my presence is just a passing plague. i am not COVID. i will not be here forever. then again maybe i am COVID in that i disappear long enough for people to forget about me and then BAM look who's infected yet again

"what have you been up to" i think i hear no one asking? well, i'll tell you the exciting tale: mostly sleeping and feeling horrendously ill! i have cooked up some art for a magical girl themed pnp campaign ive been DMing for the past few months, none of which i expect anyone to be interested enough in to actually want to rest their eyeballs upon it but just in case, here's some random links.

really though most of my time and effort and energy has been spent on this wip since around november, probably the most arduous undertaking of my life but i'm pretty excited to see what results from it.

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:26 am

Congratulations on all fronts though! It's good to see you around again.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:11 pm

Welcome back! I was looking through this very thread a few days ago and wondering why there hadn't been anything new for a while. Looking forward to new things!