Vashala Returns!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Vashala Returns!

Post by Durvayas » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:05 pm

You certainly captured her surly 'if you need something say so or go away' demeanor. :)
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

VashalaReturns

Post by VashalaReturns » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:32 pm

Yeah, I'm glad that emotion came across, but I was definitely trying for a different face though. This female just isn't.... drow enough? She seems awkward and I couldn't figure out why. I tell you, I scrapped so many times on this picture, and just kind of had to push forward or drive myself insane. I am pleased how the body language came out, but if you just look at her face, she looks very young and very juvenile in her distaste, I guess? Maybe I'm being too hard on myself? hehe

Maybe it's too much coffee.

VashalaReturns

Post by VashalaReturns » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:33 pm

Anyone that is 'waiting' for a character drawing, I just wanted to let you know that I am working on one submission for "The Wayfinder" Pathfinder magazine and won't be working on Arelith until that's finished. That said, hopefully my work schedule permitting, I'll be able to continue the fun on Tuesday. Cheers!

VashalaReturns

Post by VashalaReturns » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:17 pm

http://vashala.deviantart.com/art/Previ ... -643636871

This is a submission for a fan-based magazine for Pathfinder. No named kellid druid with a mutant bear companion! Pretty cool idea.

This is also my first character done with a new art program. Don't know if I like it yet or not.

Kalimere

Post by Kalimere » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:02 am

It definitely has a more grainy look to it, but none the less, it still looks great due to your attention to detail and coloration.
"I'm not grim."
~Andrej Cooper

".....Mostly."
~Also Andrej Cooper

VashalaReturns

Post by VashalaReturns » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:11 pm

Hope this works. If not, I'll delete it. This is Havarti Tavers, a long beloved rogue I played many a moon ago. I'd like to re-roll this guy, seeing as how most players have characters now that don't know him. It's good to rewrite every once in a while, and he's yet to do anything fascinating, except get into a few bits of mischief. Hopefully we'll see you around!

R0GUE
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by R0GUE » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:32 pm

oooh I love it! It feels very animated!

Wordless Truth

Post by Wordless Truth » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:40 pm

As always, stunning.

Metzinsoft

Post by Metzinsoft » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Loving the inking and the intensity of his face in his attack pose <3

fulminea

Post by fulminea » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:15 am

I love it all... your style is so dynamic. I could see all of it in a campaignbook^^

VashalaReturned

Post by VashalaReturned » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:30 am

Here's a sketch, guys! I just got a new tablet, a great job, and some new mannequins to fiddle with, so I'm back for now! Woot! I may finish these guys, I may not. They represent the "surface world politics" of the folk that are over 5 feet tall (and less than 7). More inspiration pics to come. Thanks for all the replies since I've been gone! It's been a minute!

VashalaReturned

Post by VashalaReturned » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:31 am

The white space above is for text, as I was messing with a "graphic novel" feel for the characters here. Hope you like it!

R0GUE

Post by R0GUE » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:22 am

Looks great! Love the perspective.

VashalaReturned

Post by VashalaReturned » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:12 am

I can't remember how to post pictures on here, so give me a second to figure it out, but this is an observation that I made while playing a few hours ago and it got me cracking up. This was just a doodle, so no need to comment on the ability of the art here, but I'm digging the art style of "Taz and Boomer". Maybe I'll make more. Who knows!?

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:42 am

This is perfect.

VashalaReturned

Post by VashalaReturned » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:45 am

Again, another inking. I'm too tired now to figure out how to color it. Being colored-blind makes it VERY difficult to match colors, and I don't have a stored "memory" of what colors make up certain things, so I have look everything up. Anyway, hope you like it!

VashalaReturned

Post by VashalaReturned » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:46 am

Oh, the above is ^^ Izzy. She's around Cordor. You may have seen her walking around. This is her! I'm having fun drawing her, obviously. And playing her as well!

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:30 pm

Wow thats really great drawing of Izzy!

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:00 am

The line weights are so good in that drawing.

VashalaReturned

Post by VashalaReturned » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:11 am

Hope this works. I always forget how to post art on this thing when I come skulking back. Anyway, WHEW. Art is still an ongoing process of improvement! As you will see in the next few pics that I'm going to share. This will be a bit of an art dump, so bear with me. If you're on the discord, you'll likely see a few of the same images on there. This is a Desert Warrior that I have not named, and likely won't any time soon? I don't know her story, but I drew her after being inspired by the relationship that Arthur Morgan has with his horses in "Red Dead Redemption" and thought of cultures where horses and other riding steeds are absolutely necessary. Her kit is very light, and as such she carries only precious cargo with her. I like to imagine that she has one small totem in her pocket somewhere to remind her of home. Perhaps even just a small bit of stone.

VashalaReturned

Post by VashalaReturned » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:12 am

This is a character commission for a DnD stream I am a part of. If you recognize it, then we are absolute friends! This is Rylin, she's a water genasi druid.

VashalaReturned

Post by VashalaReturned » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:14 am

This is Strahd, but in a different form that most recognize. i can't go into detail more than that, but this is for another DnD stream that I am commissioned for, but do not play. If you recognize this art, then you are the coolest person on the planet!

VashalaReturned

Post by VashalaReturned » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:21 am

Last one. This is indeed from a Ravenloft campaign as well. Notice the Strahd? Anyway, this is another commission that I cannot go into much detail on. Their name is Havoc. That's about all you get. They're a desert... viking... old guy? I don't know. I don't ask too many questions when someone says "I give you money for draw-lings"

Enjoy!