Vashala Returns!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

VashalaReturns

Vashala Returns!

Post by VashalaReturns » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:53 pm

...... Oh my holy you guys. It's been a long time.

In fact, I don't even know if anyone remembers me. It was back when Gamespy was still a thing. Anyway, for those that remember, I was an artist back in the day and I did those insane 'character requests' every once in a while. We all know when you say those words, people come out of the wood works like crazed badgers looking for the ham bone you threw in the garbage. Well, I have eaten my share of ham, and am ready, after a 5 year hiatus.... to start throwin bones!

But FIRST. A trip down memory lane.

In my quest getting online to log back in to this forum through that insane masterwork of networking the admin team threw together to stop the bots, I stumbled on a wonderful thing. Those old arelith forums. In it, an old Vashala was drawing as a freelance artist taking character submissions. I peeked through old pics and decided that I would 'revisit' some of those old characters I had drawn before, as well as log in to that old site and see what PMs were waiting from years before. I give you, as my opening act, Lillith, Balsa, and Vladda! If the old people are still here I'd be happy to release use for personal use only! Otherwise please ask before using!

Which can be found at http://vashala.deviantart.com/gallery/

VashalaReturns

Re: Vashala Returns!

Post by VashalaReturns » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:58 pm

http://vashala.deviantart.com/art/Izzy-472959989

This is a character I plan on playing with soon.... it's an old DnD character my wife used to play, but still. She's awesome.

Kalimere

Post by Kalimere » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:04 am

Damn son. This work is nothing short of amazing. The detail you put into the armor and.. well, everything is just fantastic. So.. you were saying you were throwing bones, yes? YES?!
"I'm not grim."
~Andrej Cooper

".....Mostly."
~Also Andrej Cooper

VashalaReturns

Post by VashalaReturns » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:09 am

yes sir I was! And if I'm not mistaken, were you my first character submission last time? haha

VashalaReturns

Post by VashalaReturns » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:13 am

This is the old forum where I found the old versions of my pics. If you'd like to check out how my college paid off, you are welcome to find Basla and Lillith, but alas I never got around to drawing Vladda back then.

http://arelith.com/node/4418

Kalimere

Post by Kalimere » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:27 am

I dont believe so! If you are indeed throwing a bone, I will send you a PM with some details on the character I would just love for you to create in your wonderful way that you do.
"I'm not grim."
~Andrej Cooper

".....Mostly."
~Also Andrej Cooper

Kalimere

Post by Kalimere » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:27 am

Oh, apparently you did! Kaleb was certainly my character. EDIT: Wait, it loaded. I totally remember that image. You pooped that masterful work out so quickly, I was just astonished.
"I'm not grim."
~Andrej Cooper

".....Mostly."
~Also Andrej Cooper

VashalaReturns

Post by VashalaReturns » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:39 am

Then I guess to continue the tradition I don't think I can say no!

Metzinsoft

Post by Metzinsoft » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:54 am

Wow, really great characters!

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:34 am

Nice work.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:48 am

Holy cheese doodles, Batman! Wow! Awesome!
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

VashalaReturns

Post by VashalaReturns » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:03 am

Here we have Kalimere's request in an action shot. I forgot the Gnoll's name, but you guys can figure that out. Had fun drawing this one, especially drawing the axe swing. For anyone trying to figure it out, imagine a very VERY enthusiastic uppercut.

The drow didn't quite turn out the way I liked, but that's just cause I really rushed him. Too bad. Oh well, he's very dead now, so I'm sure he won't complain.

VashalaReturns

Post by VashalaReturns » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:04 am

Metzinsoft

Post by Metzinsoft » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:06 am

VashalaReturns wrote:The drow didn't quite turn out the way I liked, but that's just cause I really rushed him. Too bad. Oh well, he's very dead now, so I'm sure he won't complain.
Certainly my first thought was, "Oh that drow didn't turn out very well."
Kidding! :lol: Wow epic scene, the style fits the subject so nicely!
Last edited by Metzinsoft on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:54 am

Lovely detail on the armor!
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Kalimere

Post by Kalimere » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:03 pm

Good ol Crackjaw. Besties with his axe. You captured that savage howl and his bloodmaw warpaint just perfectly. Love it.
"I'm not grim."
~Andrej Cooper

".....Mostly."
~Also Andrej Cooper

MowerQueen

Post by MowerQueen » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:36 pm

These are awesome!

Fire_play

Post by Fire_play » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:16 am

Fear the return of VASHALA! Love the Balsa and the rest. <3
Treon V. FrenMeo of Alvisio, first born of Treo D. FrenMeo, Lieutenant of the Red Legion, and Acolyte of the Halls of Battle, Captain of the R.L. Victoria aka Timberfleet

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:37 am

Rattus_norvegicus99 wrote:Holy cheese doodles, Batman! Wow! Awesome!
It took me a while, but I finally realized you drew my half-orc druidess I tried out ages ago - Vladda! Wow! She's amazing! And yes, her charisma was like, 12 or something. Not ugly at all!

Awesomesauce! :D
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

VashalaReturns

Post by VashalaReturns » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:50 pm

I'm back for a bit! I had an absence to focus on getting back into school. Got my degree! Yay! Going for a teacher's license! Yay!

In my absence, a lot has seemed to have changed. 4 or 5 years of plot has happened, a king showed up? Something about a Vampire? Anyway, my favorite..... contact? Is absent as well. It's probably just that I haven't ran into her on the server, but if she is truly gone, this shall be the tribute.

Sinclair. You were Haverti's Ketchup to his Mac N' Cheese. And he liked cheese. A lot. I feel like Haverti probably had feeling for Laura in a way, but of course those feelings were over his head (haha! He's a halfling). Haverti respected her, at the very least. She was stubborn, foolish at times, quick wit, and resourceful. She listened to Haverti when he had concerns, followed up on them in one of the most memorable encounters he has had (so far), and led to a pretty cool character idea.

As to the player, whoever you are, you rock. You're awesome at RP, and I appreciate it. Our conflict never got out of control or unbelievable, and was always a good story. Even though our characters were on the 'opposite side' of the legal conversation, we knew our place, played it well, and had an awesome time. I hope you remember Taver's Tavern, his little Merriments, and the thing about that drug market that you helped snuff out.

In any case, I wanted to draw your character because that's what I do. I looked for a description and couldn't find one, and couldn't find you on the server, so I tried to draw from memory. Hope you like it! (Also, hope you see it. Being a busy adult--which I am too! Yay parenting!)

Enjoy :)

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:22 am

Welcome back.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Wordless Truth

Post by Wordless Truth » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am

Your art is reaaaaaally good. The details are amazing!

Laura Sinclair turned out stunning in terms of craftmanship or the artwork itself - But IG she neither wore armour, nor did she carry sword and shield. She was a kama monk.

How long does it take you to complete one of these?

Rodent

Post by Rodent » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:54 pm

Gorgeous art, the Sinclair pic is particularly well done.

@WT: You sure you're talking about the same Laura Sinclair? I am fairly sure the Guard Commander was a Cleric and definitely wore heavy armour.

VashalaReturns

Post by VashalaReturns » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Thanks guys!

I was definitely drawing the Laura Sinclair that I remember in the guard, but she could have very well had various personifications and phases in her character. The shiela I remember was a guard commander, tough as brass tacks and loved a good intrigue :)

I'd love to do some underdark characters if someone would like to inbox me with a character pic or description!