A girl's diary

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Silivren

A girl's diary

Post by Silivren » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:27 am

1 Elasias (Highsun) 115

I've arrived in a place, far away from the mainland, and it made the impression of a fortified merchant city. Some other people arrived with the same ship and I was curious enough to look around right off the boat. Eventually I met a speedy messenger service building and they needed some deliveries done. Given I was robbed of my belongings on the ship, that was actually my chance to earn myself some money and also, get to know the place I was.
So I agreed and stepped outside, already spotting my first destination. A Map Maker Gnome who almost freaked out when I brought him his ink. My next deliver was to a Guard Sergeant Reginalli who also informed me, that he would pay me well for bounties, probably something I should keep in mind. For my next delivery, I stumbled around for quite a while until I found an old priest in a large temple. Then, for my next parcel I had to go to the merchantile, where I met an old gypsy, who was a bit too talkative for my gusto. So I simply made my way to the smithy across the street and then into a large inn "The Nomad". Several people were having a good time, but I had to do my deliveries first. So I found the bard Elfis and after a while I found the bank in another part of the city. Last but not least, the City's wizard Thoramind was brought his spell components and I was done. Not too shabby for my first day.

8 Elasias (Highsun) 115

Wandering around, I met a few people outside the Nomad Inn. Probably adventurer as they were speaking of Goblins nearby and that they were going to kill them all. I didn't have the courage to ask them if they would take me with them, for I feared I would only be a burden to these experienced fighters. And so I spent the afternoon sitting near the Inn. After some time, a man walked by and waved to me, greeting. I did so in return and we started to chat about this and that and while we were talking, he explained to me that he was a Master of a monastery. Curious as I was, the man, whose name was Dorin Crags, showed me and another - a halfling - the large building. There were dummies for all kind of fighters and weaponry. While he was explaining all kind of things about the monastery, there was another woman showing up. Mary, as she said, and she listened too for a while. But eventually, she had to leave, but not without mentioning that she would gladly meet me later for some adventure. I spent a few hours in the monastery, while Master Dorin explained to me where people train and work. And when I told him that I was the caretaker of the library in a very old monastery, he asked me if I wanted to continue this job here. I agreed, because that's something I can do.. and who knows, maybe it pays well enough?

15 Elasias (Highsun) 115

Today, I met with a few people, who wanted to go hunting. After buying a few supplies - not many, because I had no money after all - we went north out of the city gates. As I've never been outside, this was both, exciting and sometimes a little scary. But my companionsn looked capable enough, so it was okay. When exploring the northern road I found some stables with horses and there I found my pony! They've taken it off the ship and brought it there, without telling me, oh dear. Horsie was glad too that we were united again and I brought her right back to our adventuring party. Although they managed to convince me that it probably wasn't too good of an idea to bring her along while being in the dangerous lands outside the city, I tried to get her out of the way again, but she simply kept following me. Now, who can hold it against her, she hadn't seen me for days.
So I let her simply tag along behind me and I kept a distance from any foul creatures what would approach. It was only a few moments later, that I realized how big of a mistake that was. When our group was near a barn, I heard a loud wheeze, and while I thought it was horsie, Violet, one of my companions, spotted a large Orc. I wasnt aware of this, just before he reached our group and one ran off at the sight of the Orc. I wasn't aware of the brutish nature of that being, but eventually found out when he ran towards horsie, and slaughtered my pony with his scythe. I do not remember very well what happened afterwards, but everyone ran away and they dragged me along somehow, while we heard the Orc feasting.
I only remember little of what happened afterwards, but we went into an iron mine, chasing away many Kobolds, and eventually, we crossed path again with the huge Orc who killed my horsie! My emotions quickly boiled up and with a ruse, I managed to make him turn around so I could kick him into his crown jewels, with all the force I had. He fell to the ground, which was satisfying to watch.. but when I turned around, dusting my hands off, he stood up and swung his scythe to my back. And all went dark.

Silivren

Re: A girl's diary

Post by Silivren » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:42 am

19 Elasias (Highsun) 115

It's been a few days, but I recovered from this nasty experience, quite well actually. And I set out for adventure and in search of a new horsie. I walked around the outskirts and followed a squirrel for some reason I already forgot. But it happened that I was lost in a wood and didn't know the way back out. I stumbled forward and found a cave, where I kicked some bugs out for good! not knowing where I was, chance brought it about that I met Mary Blythe again, who was just doing the same. We decided to team up and I dare say, I was happy not being alone, actually, I was happy it was her and not some random lass! She told me that she was looking for some friends of her and we decided to look for them together. Nothing we came across stood a chance against the two of us. Goblins, Spiders, Cockroaches, even Hobgoblins! Eventually we became reckless and decided to challenge a whole camp of Hobgoblins, not being aware of their actual forces. Yes. Things went bad. And from bad to worse. And then, the worst actually happened.. Mary fell under the mighty axe of a Hobgoblin and all I could do was either run, or die as well. I ran away, with the idea to call for help and come back again, as fast as I could. While I was running, I used my crossbow and shot my persecutors. Actually pretty successfully as one fell and the others stopped when the bigger fell.
Lucky as I was, I happened to stumble into Asra Qaderi and Toruviel, the group Mary was actually looking for. I was pretty confused and aroused about what happened and I failed to keep a clear mind. So I threw at them what should have been explained carefully and I rushed back where Mary fell, as I had hope she wasn't dead yet and could be saved by the three of us. The two followed me, a total stranger, with the intention to help me, even though without knowing me all too well. But at that moment, i wasn't aware of this and simply wished to rush back where Mary fell - as fast as possible. Silly me. I should have known... before I realized how bad things went, an axe from above let the lights turn out.

Silivren

Re: A girl's diary

Post by Silivren » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:02 am

19 Elasias (Highsun) 115

I woke up in a building, not knowing where I was. But around me were Asra, and Toruviel, and a halfling who introduced herself as Drum. They explained to me, that they brought me all the way back from the Hobgoblin hideout to Cordor, and used a scroll on my body to bring me back to life. I didn't quite get it, as I was always able to move and I was in a strange maze.. but they all admitted to the fact that my body was never moving and not breathing, no nothing. I had no reason to not believe all three of them, so I accepted the fact that I was somehow.. restored. Again. I should be careful, I don't know how many times this can happen.
But the curious thing I was, I wanted to see and learn how the halfling were able to defeat all these buggers that caused me so much trouble. And we fought side by side, Asra, Toruviel, Drum and myself, conquering inch by inch of the Bramble Woods. Mary also showed up, and it was good to see her up and alive again.
The two of us, out again. Alive.

20 Elasias (Highsun) 115
I've decided to start a business. Messenger. How hard can that be? Even some bunch of halflings run it successfully, I can do that alone. And better.

So, I quickly pieced an advertisement together and pinned it on several spots of interest at the boards. It didn't take long and I was hired by a woman, Superority Song. Strange name, but she threw money at me and I didn't care anymore about names, but my job. It wasn't too difficult, as it was only words to deliver. Easy money. I wonder why no one else had already taken advantage of this.
Being on my way, another woman held and asked me to deliver a message, actually, a message with a song. For that extra, she paid extra. No questions asked, I'm a beast at what I'm doing - that's what I thought!
Being on my way, it wasn't that easy as I thought, because I had to figure out who these people were and where the ones were hiding I needed to reach. So, I actually made my way to the Island's settlements, asking around for the people. This turned out to be effective and it didn't take long until I met several folks who were able to point me into directions. Though, this Crassus and his friend Zankas, they fooled me good, misleading me and I lost a couple of hours, before I figured out they were deliberately deceiving me. But since I'm good at what I'm doing, I figured out and finally delivered the message. Given a reply, I made my way back to Wharftown, where I found my client, only to be dragged off the road by another recipient of one of my messages. I didn't really know what was going on, but it seemed that ALL of my clients and almost ALL of the recipients showed up in the same place, at the same time and things went crazy. I could deliver my messages, though.. then, something happened, that made me doubt if my business is actually the easy money I thought it to be.

The one recipient, Lucia Malveaux, wanted me to deliver the message in private. Given the payment was okay-ish, I decided to do that. Why not? But.. after delivering her the sung - yes, extras were paid - message, she went rigid. I didn't know why, my singing was pretty solid and the message was simply.. "Tag". The woman inhaled, and .... exhaled. Eyes closed. Never a good sign actually. And all of a sudden, she slipped a mace from a loop at her hip, and gripped it tightly. Staring at me balefully. That was, when I ran out of the room, on my horse and I in full galopp to the Mayfields Inn. I hid under a table, for a good while, until I fell asleep.