Nightly Steps

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Selene

Nightly Steps

Post by Selene » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:30 pm

The night was growing into morning, the red sun coloring the horizon and red as the bodies laying at her feet. The electric light blue eyes were dull as she removed her sword from the small body she had pierced, a child of no more then six winters, screaming when she was set on fire. The dark robes felt oppressive around her as she swallowed a few times to take a breath of air, only to breathe in the scent of blood and mud. The very horror she had inflicted with her associates. She slowly turned and observed them with renewed eyes, looking at them as if for the first time.

They had raped the woman before killing her, slowly torturing the father to death in the most horrendous ways they knew. And considering they had a pyromancer with them they had plenty of options... Amilia moved sluggishly, slowly cleaning her longsword with a nearly unnoticeably trembling hand, the silver cracking skull that served as pommel suddenly didn't seem so proud anymore.. It seems to stare accusingly at her, those hollow depths glaring at her... Condemning her for what she did. She could not take it... Not anymore... She sat down against the wall, away from the cheering men as they celebrated another victory for their master.. More coin to be gained from this venture.

Amilia stayed awake and volunteered for the watch. "My eyes are better then yours, best I go first." The lie was rolling off her tongue before she registered the words spoken. She didn't realize it when she sat down on the rock. . . But slowly she turned her gaze from the treeline to her compatriots... Slowly she rose, a fury unlike any other boiled in her. What they did was inexcusable. . .

The wizard went first. she strangled him to death with her bare hands, snarling as he feebly struggled for his life, just like the woman did, she flashed before her eyes and her hands tightened, finally snapping her neck.

The rogue was next, a quick cut had his throat open. He bled out quickly and silently.

The warrior woke then and grabbed his sword. But Amilia would have non of it, it was as if the rage had taken her mind, she only saw red, red as she screamed curses and threats she promised to make true, She ended his life, strangling him with his intestines, crying as she yelled herself hoarse at him.

And so did she murder the compatriots whom she had accompanied away from home after being banished along with them. Their sins finally coming back to haunt them as one of their own turned on them with all the viscousness they had showed others. . .

Amilia slowly bent down and retrieved her longsword that had fallen in the struggle and once more gazed into the hollows that were the skull's eye sockets. "I may have been foolish.. But never again will I serve ye, Bhaal." She swore solemnly as she gazed at it. She sheathed the blade and picked up what rations were spared the bloodshed of her compatriots. .. .

Alone did the elf with electric blue eyes travel through the forests and plains. Crossed mountains of snow and oceans... Before finally stepping off a boat.

"I have returned, mother. To the land from whence we came."