Songs of Ursullir Grimskald

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Tathkar Eisgrim

Songs of Ursullir Grimskald

Post by Tathkar Eisgrim » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Randy Old Man from Thay - by Ursullir Grimskald

I was walking the road the other day // With a song upon my lips; // and a mean hip-sway. // When whom should I meet upon the way? // But a randy old man from Thay!

He was brightly dressed from head to toe, // In a Robe Azure; // I would have you know. // Carrying a Master’s Staff all aglow. // That randy old man from Thay!

He propositioned me with a toothless grin, // Promised me a life of untold sin, // That I must surrender! // Hand over to him: // A kiss. // My heart. // My eye. // My soul. // All of my virtue. // And most of my gold! // *gasp!* // Speechless! He did make of me, // That randy old man from Thay!

Well, I took offence I will tell you now. // There to the road we had a terrible row. // He summoned a spell of the circle nine! // *aside* I took that as a warning sign! // He summoned a devil // And ‘Disintegrating Ray’! // That randy old man from Thay!

‘No no’ I said, // In this tale all true. // ‘I will have none of that, from the likes of you!’ // ‘My spear eats wizards - and does not chew!’ // And at that, his fear grew and grew, // That randy old man from Thay!

I chased him then over hill and dale. // His face all ghastly, beyond the pale. // He wheezed and whined, // Seeking Pity. // Gaining sanctuary - in Cordor City! // That randy old man from Thay!

I was walking the road the other day, // With a song upon my lips; // and a mean hip-sway. // When whom should I meet shuffling card, // But a handsome, rakish Bard!

He caught sight of me and threw up his hands! // “I surrender” he exclaimed, // “As an honourable man!” // “I will not come between you and your knife!” // “Oim ‘eadin ‘orf ‘ome, back to the woife!” // I value more my life! // Ooh Ooh! I value… more my …life!

[Editors note: A bawdy and raucous Commoner's song intended to warn the populace-at-large against the dangers of trusting Red Wizards.]

Tathkar Eisgrim

Re: Songs of Ursullir Grimskald

Post by Tathkar Eisgrim » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:00 pm

The Old Crone - by Ursullir Grimskald

She sits to the gutter clad only in rags. // Selling pegs and wizened apples // Her face all sad. // No shawl about her shoulders. // No comfort to be had. A Forgotten Old Lady - called Cordor.

No efforts are made to soften her years. // No offered handkerchief, to wipe away tears. // No words of comfort to scatter her fears. // A Forgotten Old Lady - called Cordor.

No Councillor with Stave. // No Paladin on Charger. // No Guardsman in plume, to halt those who'd harm her. // No priest preaching and seeking to advise her. // A Forgotten Old Lady - called Cordor.

Her paths are all hindered. // Her postings all scattered. // Her intentions all shattered. // Where are The Wise, in the moment that mattered? // A Forgotten Old Lady - called Cordor. A Forsaken Old Lady - called Cordor.

[Editors note: A bitter-sweet ballad commiserating the fall from grace of Cordor.]

Tathkar Eisgrim

Re: Songs of Ursullir Grimskald

Post by Tathkar Eisgrim » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:45 pm

How can I? - by Ursullir Grimskald

How can I express to you,
In words of the briefest syllable?
The depth of my feeling and longing,
Whenever I gaze upon you.

My heart is a bird aflutter.
My voice a meaningless stutter.
My thoughts: a sea of chaos.
My words: shackled, enslaved.

Chorus:
You are a Man.
I am a Woman.
Destiny calls.
Our souls come running.

How can I explain,
The complexities of my devotion?
How can I willingly counter these chains,
That bind me in this union True?

Chorus:
You are a Man.
I am a Woman.
Destiny calls.
Our souls come running.

How can I express to you,
In words of the briefest syllable?
The depth of my feeling and longing,
Whenever I gaze upon you.

I love you.

[Editors note: These are recorded as the wedding vows of Ursullir Grimskald as sung by her to Broind Keglighter.]