Death. Pain. Rebirth.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Dunisbane

Death. Pain. Rebirth.

Post by Dunisbane » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:34 am

DEATH

He traveled with Pet and the new one into the caves, and down one of the back paths.

Another, good. Soon we will have collected enough. A promise kept. Safety guaranteed to the pack for a little longer. The man thought as he trudged forward in his heavy plated armor into the orc caves along with his two pack mates, and their prize.

I had accomplished something great. Perhaps Arli can finally rest in peace. The hunter thought to himself as they trudged down that familiar path he had taken so many times on the tasks that he had to perform. There will always be slaves needed in Andunor, but I have given them purpose. Given them a chance to live a better life in exchange for their service to the city.

Then they caught up to us. The filthy rivvil scum. Come for our prize. To save one from their fate, they may well doom others. But they would not see. The bow.. the man's speech and demands. This must be the Ranger of the Wood. The one behind I remembered passing by on the frontier before. And the man flanking us, Ossian.

I knew we were outmatched. The two I had with me were younglings yet, and the man behind me was more than a match for me. The thought to flee had crossed my mind as the Ranger made his demands. Pet dropped the prize at the woman's feet before coming to me as I ordered. And I had shifted my hand through my pouches in that time. Two lenses. Three of us and only two lenses.

Anger

Loss

Pain

Suffering

It was obvious the Ranger before me was full of the same rage, the same pain that I suffer every day in this cavernous exile. He wouldn't seem them as victims, like his precious family. But as enemies to be slain. I will do as I must as alpha. I will protect mine. I hope long enough, that maybe they can escape. Maybe, just maybe there is somewhere left for them to run without me. The panther and the woman that had been traveling with him were both given one of the two lenses each without another thought.

No sooner was that accomplished but the new one was shot at, struck in the arm as she tried to use her lens. Putting my large metal bulwark to bear I stood in the way of any more arrows to deflect them as she made her escape.

Lyra.. gods Lyra. What a tragedy. So full of hate and 'righteous fury'. I didn't want her to die. Even in death she hated me so. Even the call of the divine in her home failed. The topic had turned to that a few lingering moments, as Pet remained in a corner growling around the last means of escape in her mouth.

The panther had been my loyal companion in this mockery of life I've lived for almost four years now. And in my darkest moments, she wanted to die next to me. However with enough commands she had finally fled. So I could face my end as alpha. I could only hope in my assistant to save them. I drew my master crafted blade, and faced the Ranger. Ready for the inevitable end.

The man behind withdrew with a lens, saying he was going after them! My guard dropped as I turned as a defiant no crossed my lips.

But it was too late, and it that moment a crashing pain had struck the towering malarite forward and into the ground. There was a stabbing and shooting pain through his back and the final words he heard before he finally fell into a void of nothingness was, For Lyra.

It was there that the Beast of Xun'viir, and the Fang of the Green Dragon died.

Dunisbane

Re: Death. Pain. Rebirth.

Post by Dunisbane » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:26 pm

PAIN

He could feel his body reform from its desecrated state. Every single nerve surging in shuddered in shock as what was left of him reformed from the magics. The blessing of life from this source was not given lightly, but with the greatest of gifts, came the greatest of pain. It was not his time yet. His shattered and broken body began to breathe once more.

The images came out sharp, as if needles had pierced the eyes as they opened. The blurry figure hovering above me looked vaguely familiar. Could it be? Has Arli joined me for the eternal hunt? As the ungodly pain suffered began to lift and my vision returned, it was the woman that I had hoped would help -them-. She saved my life. Only to be drug back for questioning, still broken and battered. Not much could be remembered. Perhaps my mind was in shock. I learned more from the woman and Pet later, as they seemed to know what happened.

Hours later, I finally was allowed home. To rest and recover. I cannot show weakness in front of them. To do so is death for myself and those in my care. Always dancing at the end of the knife. One misstep could mean everything falling apart. I just needed to be more careful. Let my pack shoulder more of the work for now on. Lyall was here now, to tend to my wounds. The horrible scars now that covered my body from what it took to return me to life. Things might return to normal, in time. As best as that can be.